AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very impressed by TPD, they are using every resource available to them. Plus I just can't believe how proactive they are in using the media. As the chief said, we want every tip we can get from the public. He's smart enough to know the media is the way to get those tips rolling in. GOOD JOB TPD!!!!

Since the FBI BAU is flying in this afternoon, I'm thinking this is a random abduction.

I'm not so sure how random. I'm thinking someone was watching her. I guess that could be random, though, as opposed to a familial crime of some sort.

Patty, that second pic you posted, I do not think that is the alley behind Celis house; it is the alley behind the businesses on B'way and houses facing south on 12th; Celis house faces north.

Yup, you are correct, that is the alley-way behind the businesses and I mentioned that it in my post #542 about it being behind Diego's.

What I was trying to do was get down that alley way to look at the other end and I am not able to do that. :(

yippie, just clicked on the "new posts" thingy and brought me here! thank you all again - 4 years as a member and still have a lot to learn!

yippie, just clicked on the "new posts" thingy and brought me here! thank you all again - 4 years as a member and still have a lot to learn!

You can also go to "User CP" at the top of the page and it should show the list of all threads and forums you post in/are subscribed to.

I'm not so sure how random. I'm thinking someone was watching her. I guess that could be random, though, as opposed to a familial crime of some sort.

I agree. I worded it poorly. I just really meant that it is a stranger abduction, not family or close friend(s) related.

Thanks to everyone who posted "live" during the briefing. I watched the livestream but didn't have a second screen open to post. Out of practice since the Casey trial last summer :D

LE sure is keeping tight-lipped about where the investigation is headed. :moo:

also helpful shortcut is clicking on the quick link button and selecting subscriptions to arrive at a list of all the threads you follow and post on. Been here 3 years and still learning some of the shortcuts too :)

I agree, to me it sounds like a "stranger," but no doubt somebody was watching her. My posts seem redundant, I just keep checking in hoping she will be found safe, but imo somebody in the neighborhood saw something - they just don't know what they saw was important - (like a guy hanging around in the last few weeks or something)....

:rocker:

I love it... use it all the time now.

Right now: a landfill search is underway for missing 6-year-old girl Isabel Celis. Cops launch the search after discovering a garbage pick-up in the neighborhood just hours after the girl was last seen alive. Cops still say no one ruled out, everyone is a person of interest. And I’m just learning the family had at least two dogs that were at the home the night the girl vanished. Did family dogs alert to an intruder the night girl vanished? Call me now with your on-air questions: 877-626-2901

Nancy G. http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

Yup, you are correct, that is the alley-way behind the businesses and I mentioned that it in my post #542 about it being behind Diego's.

What I was trying to do was get down that alley way to look at the other end and I am not able to do that. :(

Would you like a local to take pictures of it for you?

The thing about this area is that there are so many businesses abutting the residential neighborhood (and the Celis' home is on the edge of the neighborhood), that I think neighbors might be used to strangers on their street, so wouldn't notice an odd car parked at the corner, for instance.

If you look at the intersection of Craycroft and Broadway on Googlemaps.com, it illustrates my point.

Since the FBI BAU is flying in this afternoon, I'm thinking this is a random stranger abduction.

I agree..they could very well have put together a profile from HQ if they thought this was 'in house' as they have in other cases and gotten it to local LE that way.

And local FBI agents could handle the interviews with parents too if they weren't sure of local LE. A parent killing their child is almost bread and butter stuff for LE.

Behavioral analysis is coming because they think its a stranger methinks. Victim profiling will be important as well which is where interviwing the parents too will help..how do you catch one madman out of thousands.

Would you like a local to take pictures of it for you?

I would love that! :)

It's been frustrating because the google street views are from 2008 of the Celis' house and the ally-ways.

It was hard for me to get through my "thick-head" lots and lots of changes happened in the area in 4 years, with trees growing really tall, fences moved, houses built higher and high rise buildings popping up.

I think I have OCD when it comes to matching photos ... :blushing:

HLN (news live) just reported that 'something' inside the house has alerted LE.
By dogs???

Bless the beautiful hearts of all the "working" dogs... I cry whenever I see about them, beautiful creatures and just amazing!

My neighbor is a police officer and has a police dog. I cry whenever they walk by. Think the police officer thinks I have mental issues, lol, hubby thinks I was a "working" dog in a past life, hmmmmm?

in any case, bless them and please, please, please Isabel be okay and home where you belong asap! My heart is broken!
BBM.

Those are most fascinating thoughts. :) I think your hubby may be rite, and it's a compliment.

I agree, to me it sounds like a "stranger," but no doubt somebody was watching her. My posts seem redundant, I just keep checking in hoping she will be found safe, but imo somebody in the neighborhood saw something - they just don't know what they saw was important - (like a guy hanging around in the last few weeks or something)....

I think LE should tell people to call in who have noticed a co-worker, neighbor or family member acting strangely, who may have disappeared for a long period around the time of the disappearance, who called in sick the day she was reported missing, cleaning out their vehicle, etc.

I don't know why that's not one of the first things LE asks people to be on the lookout for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892