US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The day the verdict was handed down, Trump walked toward a massive crowd that had assembled outside Trump Tower and waved -- no one in the crowd had been screened in any capacity. Typically he used a side entrance and dump/salt trucks were used to block off Trump Tower from the crowd, but that day he actually approached the crowd and was no more than 65 feet away.
I bet he won't take chances like that ever again.

It’s a terrible tragedy that a rally attendee was killed and another is in critical condition.

I am not a fan of Trump nor of Biden, but I absolutely do not want to see either of them assassinated.

It makes sense to me now that the shooter was on a roof, since CNN interviewed a former ambassador who was in the stands and he insisted that everyone did go through the magnetometer.

I have no doubt that Trump will cast himself as a martyr now, but at this moment I’m just relieved he wasn’t assassinated, no matter how much I dislike him.

This reminds me so much of Reagan being shot, and although I was about six years old when JFK was killed, I remember it. I remember RFK and MLK Jr. being assassinated as well.

Voting is the way, not violence.

IMO.
The shooter didn’t go through security because he was outside of the event.

I want to make sure we have all the facts - Biden

President Biden says federal agencies are involved in investigating the shooting.
A reporter asks if he believes it was an assassination attempt.
"I want to make sure we have all the facts," he said.

No place in America for this - Biden

"There's no place in America for this kind of violence. It's sick, it's sick," Biden says.

4m ago

Biden says he hopes to speak with Trump following rally shooting
Joe Biden said he is hoping to speak with Donald Trump after at least two people were killed at his rally in Pennsylvania.

“I have tried to get ahold of Donald. He is with his doctors. Apparently, he’s been doing well. I plan on talking to him shortly, I hope when I get back to the telephone,” Biden said in remarks scheduled following the shooting.

I bet he won't take chances like that ever again.
I don’t know. Part of his presentation is to come off as approachable and make his supporters feel like they’re all in it together. If he’s continuing with his persona he’s used so far, he’ll not let this change the way he does things.

But I wouldn’t blame him at all if he did change things. It’ll depend whether he picks continuation of the image or caution. I get the feeling for him, both are very salient and it might be a tough choice. Maybe he’ll up the security and play it off like his security team made him do it.

President Joe Biden condemned the shooting at Donald Trump’s rally and said: “There’s no place in America for this kind of violence.”

“It’s sick, it’s one of the reasons we have to unite this country,” he said, speaking from Delaware. “We cannot allow for this to be happening. We cannot be like this, we cannot condone this.”

1m ago

Biden says 'everybody must condemn' violence after Trump shooting
Joe Biden called for widespread condemnation of political violence following the shooting at Donald Trump’s rally.

“The bottom line is, the Trump rally is a rally that he should have been able to be conducted peacefully without any problem,” the president said. “But the idea, the idea that there’s political violence or violence in America like this is just unheard of. It’s just not appropriate. Everybody must condemn it.”

Asked is he believed Trump was the victim of an assassination attempt, Biden said, “I don’t know enough … I have an opinion, but I don’t have any facts.”

I don’t know. Part of his presentation is to come off as approachable and make his supporters feel like they’re all in it together. If he’s continuing with his persona he’s used so far, he’ll not let this change the way he does things.

But I wouldn’t blame him at all if he did change things. It’ll depend whether he picks continuation of the image or caution. I get the feeling for him, both are very salient and it might be a tough choice. Maybe he’ll up the security and play it off like his security team made him do it.
I attended an event at Mar-a-Lago years before Trump became a politician. It was a Toys for Tots Toy Rally, we started at Mar-a-Lago. Trump came down, asked what we were doing, and went upstairs. He and his bodyguard came down with 5 brand new toys from Barron's room. Even back then he had security. But it's a shame this happened.

Last edited:
They are several feet to the right and left of the podium.
Passing this along from personal experience. A golf ball came through my front window one night( kids across the street....) and the glass from that window left a trail of glass shards all the way from the window, 30 feet across two rooms and likely would have gone farther except the ball hit a wall.

So IF a bullet hit a teleprompter or anything else that would break apart, and kept going, it would take bits with it. This could be how something other than a bullet hit anyone, should that have happened.

Whatever your personal viewpoint, let this not divide us even further. Here and in our personal lives. Let's not forget that we are all part of the same world and need each other.
Amen sister!
I’m old enough to remember when we were respectful to each President who led our country even if we didn’t like his politics.
Democrats and Republicans respectfully took turns.
We were a role model for the entire world for our system of civility and civilized democracy.
Other countries had divisive politics but ours was a gracious system respected by the great nations of the world.
We respectfully took turns.
Now it’s an embarrassment to watch one US political party bully and antagonize the other- threaten and call out those who disagree.
It’s so sad and disgusting to see the degradation in our civility.

I’m also old enough to remember the news being delivered by the likes of Walter Cronkite who simply delivered the news. We never questioned or cared how he voted. We simply trusted him to deliver truth in journalism without personal political bias. He earned our respect.

Praying for peace and a return to respectful civility in our great nation- may God help us.
Imho

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky