AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they sure could use the media to help. This isn't really just a local issue MOO. Isabel could literally be anywhere. MOO

IMO, two things they could do that would really help. Hire an attorney,if they have not already done so. MOO

And do a sitdown interview. I would recommend Univision or Telemundo. In this interview they could state, without going into specifics,why SC cannot live with.or have any contact with the remaining two Celis children... MOO The fact that SC is barred from having any contact makes him look guilty. MOO

By doing these two things,SC and RC would be viewed as being both proactive and honest.... Just some thoughts, and JMO

I agree with your two points. A reporter for Telemundo (iirc) posted on the facebook page of "Find Isabel Celis", requesting an interview with the parents.

TY for posting.So, there is some grass in the yard, and no apparent dog run at all ? JMO

In my opinion, the entire backyard is a "dog run" for the Celis pets. It is enclosed, and they have access to every part of it. The patches of what I assume to be hard packed ground and no grass, I would surmise, is due to abundant dog traffic. But you are correct, there is no fenced-in, "dog run".

that wasn't my point...

it shouldn't matter what others think about them... if it gets attention for Isabel (heck they think she was abducted!) it will have done that: gotten attention to the case.

I just do not understand it... and frankly think they are missing a golden opportunity to keep her case out there in the forefront.

I realize we all have different opinions on this.. but this one is mine. I feel very strongly that if this was an abduction they have wasted lots of chances to raise awareness about her case.

I agree, Nurse. I also don't think of this as simply a "local" case as someone suggested upthread. Isabel has been missing for nearly six weeks and could be anywhere.

In the early weeks of the case when there was nightly media coverage, Detroit stations reported on the missing child on almost every newscast, and the story was reported in local papers. Without national media coverage and/or pleas from the parents, no one living outside of Tucson (or AZ, presumbly) mentions the case any more.

There has always been a huge Latino population in metro-Detroit that has grown significantly in recent years. What if there's a possibility that there are extended family members or friends of the Celis in this area who might be harboring the little girl for some reason? I know it's a stretch, but without media coverage, no one beyond Tucson/Arizona would be looking for the missing child. :moo:

http://www.modeldmedia.com/features/mexvisit.aspx

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to be begging but I'm trolling through the posts as fast as I can and I'm not finding out why the second grade teacher at Sonoran Science on Broadway is being discussed. Does anyone who's online right now have an idea what that's about? I have a very personal interest in finding out what's going on, so please please please somebody shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance.

Any time the parents speak, no matter what analyzing of them goes on as a result, the story of Isabel's disappearance will be reviewed in accompanying articles and broadcasts.

Right now, we are not hearing about Isabel on a daily basis; if not for the document release, we would not be hearing much about her at all anymore, IMO.

These cases seem to have an active life of about a month, if they are lucky, before another story takes over.

So now, it is up to the parents. And all we can do is wait and see what they choose to do (or not do.) Are they going to follow the "stellar", IMO, example of the Irwins?

Will anyone outside of Tucson or WS be thinking about Isabel in a month or two?

JMO

BBM

I followed the CA case, but for the life of me I don't get the "iorny cabernet sauvignon" joke. Since the thread is slow, could you fill me in? :please:

Jose Baez misspelled the word iron on one of his easel postings. He spelled it iorn. Together with the comment by Judge Strickland that "the irony was rich" made for a few :lol: during the tense, tedious case. The Cabernet came from Irony vineyards - I thought of it as Iorny :D

Back on track...

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to be begging but I'm trolling through the posts as fast as I can and I'm not finding out why the second grade teacher at Sonoran Science on Broadway is being discussed. Does anyone who's online right now have an idea what that's about? I have a very personal interest in finding out what's going on, so please please please somebody shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5608730

Does this search link help?

What what what what what??? Who are we talking about? That could be very very interesting to me? Please someone let me in on this...

I haven't read the actually document, but apparently a tipster (or witness) is a teacher at Sonoran Science Academy.

I note that one of the elementary schools at Davis Monthan AFB was turned into a S.S.A. a few years ago. :read:

that wasn't my point...

it shouldn't matter what others think about them... if it gets attention for Isabel (heck they think she was abducted!) it will have done that: gotten attention to the case.

I just do not understand it... and frankly think they are missing a golden opportunity to keep her case out there in the forefront.

I realize we all have different opinions on this.. but this one is mine. I feel very strongly that if this was an abduction they have wasted lots of chances to raise awareness about her case.

I dont know what more they could do. Isa's photo has been shown worldwide over and over again. They did come out and speak to the public and no one has forgotten about Isa. The last time LE spoke they said they had received over a 1000 tips and I am sure the tips are even higher now.

Imo, no amount of pleading is going to bring their daughter back to them safe and sound. If the perpretrator had a heart he would have never taken Isa in the first place or if he heard her family and how torn up their were...he would have dropped Isa off somewhere safe and left almost a month and a half ago.

While Marc Klass says for parents to keep the case in the forefront... truthfully Marc did not have to deal with the harsh criticism and riducle of the public when Pauli went missing that parents have to go through nowadays. Imo, the media and a lot of society ...especially those on the internet have become cruel and unsupportive of parents with missing children.

Also there are countless parents who have children missing that do not run to the media or does interviews. Maybe they have seen how parents are treated in today's time or maybe they are fearful of the media and the personal invasive questions they often ask that has nothing to do with finding their missing loved one.

Some are strong and can weather the storm of criticism but not everyone is alike. Some are more sensitive than others and are devastated at the allegations hurled against them.

I truly think the Celis family feels they are damned if they do or damned if they dont... so to save themselves further pain from the rash of negativity against them they have decided it is best they do not speak out. It doesnt seem to accomplish anything and leads to more criticism and more talk about the parents than finding their missing child, imo.

But no amount of speaking out is going to result in Isa being found safe and sound. Isa became a liability the minute it was known to everyone that she had been kidnapped, imo.

IMO

She and her boyfriend live a few houses down from Isabel. Boyfriend (NMcD) was out searching within the first hour that Isabel went missing. Police saw him and questioned what he was doing - he told them he was searching for Isabel and he left and returned home. I believe LE obtained a search warrant for his home. Some websleuthers are very suspicious of him, not of her.

I agree with your two points. A reporter for Telemundo (iirc) posted on the facebook page of "Find Isabel Celis", requesting an interview with the parents.

Yes...and IMO, they should JUMP at this chance... Telemundo's very good... Would get the story out to every latino community...JMO

So true, if they can run around together everyday, they can stop for two seconds to talk to a camera that's probably following them around. They can say, "I love you Isabel, we're doing everything we can to get you back." Since they've not talked in public for awhile now, not sure if they've went back to work, but there are the donations, maybe they won't have to go back to work for awhile. I wonder why they drop by the volunteer center everyday, but I guess that's where donations are received and sent to now. JMO I don't think what's best is to do nothing at all, just saying...

I haven't seen so much of the media following the Celis family lately. If so, they would be walking over each other to get as much air time as possible on national news. The mediia is like a school of shark. No food - or if it is gioing stale, they move on looking for something a bit more bloody. JMO

I haven't seen so much of the media following the Celis family lately. If so, they would be walking over each other to get as much air time as possible on national news. The mediia is like a school of shark. No food - or if it is gioing stale, they move on looking for something a bit more bloody. JMO

Exactly. The national media constantly had Dylan and Shasta Greone's photo up 24/7 for two weeks after they were kidnapped in the middle of May 2005 but as soon as Natalee Holloway was reported missing on May 30th the media dropped the Greone kidnapping like a hot potato.

And those poor defenseless children were out there with that monster for 5 more agonizing weeks until he murdered Dylan and brought Shasta home.

After Shasta returned home they had about a day's coverage on it and then went back to covering the NH case.

I dont know what more they could do. Isa's photo has been shown worldwide over and over again. They did come out and speak to the public and no one has forgotten about Isa. The last time LE spoke they said they had received over a 1000 tips and I am sure the tips are even higher now.

Imo, no amount of pleading is going to bring their daughter back to them safe and sound. If the perpretrator had a heart he would have never taken Isa in the first place or if he heard her family and how torn up their were...he would have dropped Isa off somewhere safe and left almost a month and a half ago.

While Marc Klass says for parents to keep the case in the forefront... truthfully Marc did not have to deal with the harsh criticism and riducle of the public when Pauli went missing that parents have to go through nowadays. Imo, the media and a lot of society ...especially those on the internet have become cruel and unsupportive of parents with missing children.

Also there are countless parents who have children missing that do not run to the media or does interviews. Maybe they have seen how parents are treated in today's time or maybe they are fearful of the media and the personal invasive questions they often ask that has nothing to do with finding their missing loved one.

Some are strong and can weather the storm of criticism but not everyone is alike. Some are more sensitive than others and are devastated at the allegations hurled against them.

I truly think the Celis family feels they are damned if they do or damned if they dont... so to save themselves further pain from the rash of negativity against them they have decided it is best they do not speak out. It doesnt seem to accomplish anything and leads to more criticism and more talk about the parents than finding their missing child, imo.

But no amount of speaking out is going to result in Isa being found safe and sound. Isa became a liability the minute it was known to everyone that she had been kidnapped, imo.

IMO

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Exactly. The national media constantly had Dylan and Shasta Greone's photo up 24/7 for two weeks after they were kidnapped in the middle of May 2005 but as soon as Natalee Holloway was reported missing on May 30th the media dropped the Greone kidnapping like a hot potato.

And those poor defenseless children were out there with that monster for 5 more agonizing weeks until he murdered Dylan and brought Shasta home.

After Shasta returned home they had about a day's coverage on it and then went back the the NH case.

Speaking of the Groene's, OBE, do you recall if if was reported how Duncan found them/became infatuated with them?

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

:welcome5::welcome4:

Well hi there, lstric!

Great to see you have joined us.

You will love it here. This site has a great group of posters! We also have quite a few locals like yourself.

:)

Speaking of the Groene's, OBE, do you recall if if was reported how Duncan found them/became infatuated with them?

Yes, I will never forget that case as long as I live. :(

He was cruising Idaho roads looking for children to kidnap and he saw Dylan and Shasta out in their front yard in their swimsuits running back and forth under the water sprinkler.

He then began to case the home out in order to invade it in the middle of the night.

He left no evidence behind that it was him. LE didnt even know who he was:banghead: until he brought Shasta back to Dennys in her hometown.

IMO

Anita,
I could have this totally confused but *if* I recall correctly he was cruising around and saw Shasta playing in her bathing suit with her brother in the pool. He staked out her house with night vision googles and all waiting for an opportunity to get to her/them.

The young woman who recognized Shasta was pregnant with a baby girl after being told she would never be able to have children. GOD bless her heart. She was so blessed to be able to have her own little girl and be used to rescue this baby as well. I cannot imagine.

BBM
Yes, I will never forget that case as long as I live. :(

He was cruising Idaho roads looking for children to kidnap and he saw Dylan and Shasta out in their front yard in their swimsuits running back and forth under the water sprinkler.

He then began to case the home out in order to invade it in the middle of the night.

He left no evidence behind that it was him. LE didnt even know who he was:banghead: until he brought Shasta back to Dennys in her hometown.

IMO

I agree. Such a horrific case; I will never forget watching people in the video surveillance at the convenience store casually walk by Shasta without a clue!

From the beginning, I've felt that Isa's abduction was by a Duncan-like stranger. Someone off the radar who stalked her. Someone who has not been caught, but whose fingerprints may have been found in another case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila