AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"On Monday, the Better Business Bureau of Southern Arizona issued a warning for those who are planning to donate money in the case of missing Tucson girl Isabel Celis."

"On Friday, Sergio Celis, the father of missing Tucson, Ariz. girl Isabel Celis, was barred by authorities from having any contact with his two sons, Isabel's older siblings, due to a concern for their welfare."
http://www.examiner.com/article/bet...-people-regarding-donations-isabel-celis-case

The way the article is constructed is misleading (IMHO). The article seems to relay caution for donating due to the parents possible involvement. The BBB warning does not have the same "tone".

http://tucson.bbb.org/article/Donor...lated-Charities-should-be-Wary-of-Scams-34273

The way the article is constructed is misleading (IMHO). The article seems to relay caution for donating due to the parents possible involvement. The BBB warning does not have the same "tone".

http://tucson.bbb.org/article/Donor...lated-Charities-should-be-Wary-of-Scams-34273
If the parents haven't been ruled out is it possible they could be involved MOO
Some person is responsible for Isabel's disappearance. Isabel did not just wander off," Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor told the Star on Monday.

The chief also said Isabel's parents, Sergio and Becky Celis, have still not been ruled out as suspects.

"We have eliminated some family members as suspects," said Villaseñor, "and we have eliminated a lot of the sex offenders in the area" of the family's home in the 5600 block of East 12th Street.
http://www.tucsoncentral.com/tucson...on-progress-of-isabel-case-arizona-daily-star

MOO Will someone Please BE ISA'S VOICE She deserves so much more :pullhair: MOO

I'm just floored that in the radio show the parents gave so much info concerning the donations, but yet not one time did they talk to Isabel or speak to someone who might be holding her to please let her go. How could you not speak to your child who would be, scared, lonely, and wanting to go home? Just to say "Isabel we love you, we're looking for you, don't give up.", and not beg an abductor to have mercy and let her go home? But we now know by thier interview where to send donations and how, just sayin'. These parents might have nothing to do with Isabel's disappearance, but I have absolutely no respect for them.

I'm just floored that in the radio show the parents gave so much info concerning the donations, but yet not one time did they talk to Isabel or speak to someone who might be holding her to please let her go. How could you not speak to your child who would be, scared, lonely, and wanting to go home? Just to say "Isabel we love you, we're looking for you, don't give up.", and not beg an abductor to have mercy and let her go home? But we now know by thier interview where to send donations and how, just sayin'. These parents might have nothing to do with Isabel's disappearance, but I have absolutely no respect for them.
Giving them the the benefit of doubt at first they might not have known what to do, but now IC is slowly dwindling in the media there is no excuse for this child not having her parents voice. MOO

One long infomercial it was. Sad.

Day 5: Isabel's dad: 'We'll never give up looking for you'
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/day...cle_06bc54ab-a979-5f9f-8bee-918190531fac.html
MOO I haven't heard of any recent searches, I suppose that doesn't mean SC isn't out searching for IC MOO

I think those of us in town would have heard about any searches... singular or plural. Perhaps he knows where she is and doesn't need to get all sweaty hunting around? But Mom... she seems to sincerely believe little Isabel is coming home, and I *infer* alive. So awful.

I think those of us in town would have heard about any searches... singular or plural. Perhaps he knows where she is and doesn't need to get all sweaty hunting around? But Mom... she seems to sincerely believe little Isabel is coming home, and I *infer* alive. So awful.
I did see the Sheriff K-9 Unit out around Ruthrauff/I-10 area. Wondered what they were searching for.

There seems to be no more MSM talk about this case it all the people eating stuff.

Yes, thank you for pointing this out. The BBB does not warn against this fund. In fact the BBB provides a link to the fund stating,

"Those who wish to aid the search for Celis with a donation can do so through the Tucson Medical Center Foundation by visiting www.tmcaz.com/TMCFoundation, or by going to any Wells Fargo branch and depositing a donation into the “Bring Isa Home” account. " (BBB)

IMO The "article" that was quoted is a rehash of two different KVOA articles on the ISA case. IMO the contributor on that "pay per click" website intentionally put the two different KVOA articles together to get more hits on this contributor's "article." Getting hits is the way "article" contributors make money on that site.
As your post points out, the article misleads by implying the BBB is warning about donating in the Isa case due to parent involvement, when that was not the reason for the BBB warning. The BBB was reminding potential donors to watch out in general for "scam charities." They ask the public when they are unsure to "contact the Arizona Department of State to determine if the soliciting charity is properly registered." Here's the link http://www.azsos.gov/business_services/charities/default.htm

Yes, thank you for pointing this out. The BBB does not warn against this fund. In fact the BBB provides a link to the fund stating,

"Those who wish to aid the search for Celis with a donation can do so through the Tucson Medical Center Foundation by visiting www.tmcaz.com/TMCFoundation, or by going to any Wells Fargo branch and depositing a donation into the “Bring Isa Home” account. " (BBB)

IMO The "article" that was quoted is a rehash of two different KVOA articles on the ISA case. IMO the contributor on that "pay per click" website intentionally put the two different KVOA articles together to get more hits on this contributor's "article." Getting hits is the way "article" contributors make money on that site.
As your post points out, the article misleads by implying the BBB is warning about donating in the Isa case due to parent involvement, when that was not the reason for the BBB warning. The BBB was reminding potential donors to watch out in general for "scam charities." They ask the public when they are unsure to "contact the Arizona Department of State to determine if the soliciting charity is properly registered." Here's the link http://www.azsos.gov/business_services/charities/default.htm

I'm back-First week of the semester and I just cant sleep -:(. This is just a question, please don't get mad.

When the person from this forum called that number and actually spoke with someone, they said the money is NOT going to Isabels search, it is going to the parents.

It is misleading I think.

Indeed. It's sort of hard to argue with the facts here that the dad can't see, talk to, or communicate in any way with his boys for 3 full months.

That's probably how long LE is giving themselves to make an arrest.

Can you please acknowledge a major error in your posting, or provide a source for what you provide as "facts"? Nowhere has it been said that the agreement between SC and CPS is for 3 months. For all we know it could be over tomorrow. Since it is a voluntary and not court ordered agreement, I highly doubt that it has a specified time limit, and most likely it is being re-evaluated on a continual basis.

The whole voluntary no contact argument is silly. I'm a father. If I did nothing wrong and CPS told me I couldn't have ANY contact with my son, I would tell them to pound sand and I'd see them in court. ESPECIALLY if it was during a time when my family would most need me...you know, like when one of my other kids was MISSING due to an "abduction."

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

And while I don't know if either RC or SC have went back to work for sure...my guess is no since the donation money is being given to the family. Ugh.

good morning. there's a continuance on SC's dog violations...i don't know what that means, if anything. thoughts?

6/4/2012 1 6535 CAL: PRETRIAL-ASSIGNED
6/4/2012 2 5062 DIVERSION: ORDERED OR ORDERED
6/4/2012 3 6208 MOTION: DEF-TO CONTINUE GR GRANTED
10/9/2012 1 6624 CAL: HRNG-SIS DIVERSION

http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/courts/QDPS/Reports/QDPSReport.aspx

Gosh, I've been searching for SIS-DIVERSION and not liking the results. It seems SIS probably stands for Southwest Intervention Services. They conduct court approved diversion programs. I have been unable to find any diversion programs, thus far, that would have any relevance to loose or unlicensed dogs. . . but, worse than that, I'm liking even less the areas in which they do seem to have expertise.

Anyone? :dunno:

Gosh, I've been searching for SIS-DIVERSION and not liking the results. It seems SIS probably stands for Southwest Intervention Services. They conduct court approved diversion programs. I have been unable to find any diversion programs, thus far, that would have any relevance to loose or unlicensed dogs. . . but, worse than that, I'm liking even less the areas in which they do seem to have expertise.

Anyone? :dunno:

i'm just going by what this says; looks like yet again a C will get a dismissal:

"The Traffic Safety and General Diversion programs are run in collaboration with Southwestern Intervention Services (S.I.S.) and Tucson City Court.

Diversion provides many first-time offenders of specified categories of misdemeanors an opportunity to participate in relevant counseling rather than proceeding through the court system and establishing a criminal record. Through counseling and classes, participants are guided toward alternative methods of managing and understanding the kind of behavior that lead to criminal activity.

Participants who successfully complete diversion receive a dismissal of the misdemeanor charge(s) from Tucson City Court and avert the development of a criminal record."

http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/prosecutor/diversion

You would think they would eventually run out of diversion chances and finally be "diverted" to the pokey.

i'm just going by what this says; looks like yet again a C will get a dismissal:

"The Traffic Safety and General Diversion programs are run in collaboration with Southwestern Intervention Services (S.I.S.) and Tucson City Court.

Diversion provides many first-time offenders of specified categories of misdemeanors an opportunity to participate in relevant counseling rather than proceeding through the court system and establishing a criminal record. Through counseling and classes, participants are guided toward alternative methods of managing and understanding the kind of behavior that lead to criminal activity.

Participants who successfully complete diversion receive a dismissal of the misdemeanor charge(s) from Tucson City Court and avert the development of a criminal record."

http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/prosecutor/diversion

From your link:

Prosecutors offer eligible defendants the diversion option at their arraignment (first appearance) ONLY. Those who accept are directed to Southwestern Intervention Services, Inc. S.I.S. provides cost-effective, professional intake, assessment, referral, and monitoring, including referral to one of 27 local counseling agencies. Participants cited with substance abuse charges attend substance abuse counseling. Participants cited for shoplifting, disorderly conduct, theft, etc. attend adult responsibility classes. Participants cited for specific animal code violations attend a humane education class.

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

TPD: Celis father separates from his boys voluntarily at CPS request

05/14/2012

"In the course of some interviews that occurred at the end of last week, some information was brought forward that we felt it was necessary to consult with Child Protective Services," said Chief Villasenor. "What was told to us, based on that, they consulted with our detectives as well as with family members, and a voluntary agreement was reached between Child Protective Services and the parents to restrict access, voluntary, for Sergio to get some space and distance from the older children of the Celis family.

CPS involved in Celis case

05/11/2012

Below is the TPD news release, in full:

"In the course of the continuing investigation into the disappearance of six year-old Isabel Celis, the Tucson Police Department has been in contact with Child Protective Services (CPS).

Recently, detectives became aware of information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children. That information was shared with CPS for their consideration and determination relating to this investigation. Yesterday, CPS personnel responded to police headquarters to consult with detectives as well as the family. Subsequent to their assessment, CPS instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children. It needs to be stressed that is common practice for CPS to become involved in investigations regarding missing children.

However, in keeping with our commitment to keep members of the media and our community informed of changes or developments in this investigation, we felt it important to advise you of the increased involvement of CPS.

Finally, because of the sensitive nature of this investigation, we will not be providing any additional information on this situation at this time."

Tucson Police tell News 4 the parents are living separately because of this and one of the parents is not allowed any kind of contact.

BBM.

<Mod Snip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads