AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Npcmcd
My experiences regarding the abduction of Isabel have primarily left me with the impression that internet discussion of missing children is where reason and accountability go to die, and speculation and disinformation thrive.

I would like to commend the websleuths community for demonstrating that this is not necessarily universal. I can appreciate the deductive reasoning and critical thinking and hesitation to jump to conclusions and speculation.

This is pretty close.

The Celis boy rang my doorbell. Sergio and his two boys were going door to door. At that point, there was one police car on our street (I think, possibly two) and I saw one officer knocking on the door across the street.

I talked to Sergio for a moment. Then I dressed and left to look through the wash. I took the Jetta because our other vehicle (a Taurus) had a blown headgasket and was barely driveable. Enough to get me to work, but for everything else we were using the Jetta. In both cars, I keep flashlights, water, blankets, etc.

When I reached the park, I remembered the tunnels to the north, so I grabbed the flashlight.

In the wash, I encountered a man sleeping, who I seem to have wakened. He was carrying a backpack, wearing a hat, and wearing a shirt that read "Affordable Auto Sales" on the front lapel. I suspect this is the same man Mr. Lutlzenburger reported, but I don't know that. I called home and told Alicia about him. He appeared vagrant. During my walk, I found the bedding described in the document dump. I thought they were curtains. They were very fresh in a dirty wash and seemed unusual.

Toward the end of the wash, I flagged down a motorcycle cop. When I started to describe the bedding and the man, the officer said "That's great, but I'm looking for a little girl right now." At which point I told him "I know, that's why I'm telling you this."

At that point, he listened to what I had to say and then rode off. He couldn't have seemed less interested.

When I reached the park, I saw a squad car. I approached it and told him that I'd already told the other cop about it. He never left his car, he smiled and said thanks. I had been walking in the sun for a couple of hours, I was hot, hungry and thirsty.

When I returned to my house, it was a different scene than I'd left that morning. There were numerous squad cars. I saw what was obviously a detective walking down the street. I approached him and again reported what I'd seen. Maybe 30 minutes later, he came to my house with his partner and I rode along with them and showed them the bedding, then they interviewed me and left.

Later, the dog handler came by and asked to see my shoes. I offered them to him, but he declined. They are just sneakers, Saucony. I don't own any Wolverines (or whatever the boots in the doc dumps are).

Later they came by and asked to look through the back yard. They were looking through both of my neighbor's yards as well. I offered to have them look through the house but they declined. Then maybe an hour later, they served the warrant and interviewed Alicia and I. They told us the dog hit on our front yard. I don't know if it was the same dog that searched the wash, and I don't know the ins and outs of dog sniffing. It seems normal that a dog that smelled me in a wash all day might have hit on my house. I really don't care. They should have torn our neighborhood apart that day, if they'd have wanted to dig up my floorboards or knock down my walls, I'd have let them. No stone should be left unturned. I think TPD felt bad about both the way my name has been handled in the doc dump, and the way they served the warrant despite my repeated cooperation and volunteering, which is why they wrote me the letter. I told them the night they served the warrant "You can do whatever you need with my consent, I'm an innocent person and I am counting on you do your jobs. I need you to prove that." They've told me that I'm not a suspect, the told me that night after searching my house. I understand they can't say that publicly, and have no problem with it. I offered them my phone, my computer, my clothes, etc. The warrant only covered the house, so they accepted my consent (which they hadn't asked for, I just offered it). They did whatever they did to the cars and house, and took the phone, shorts (I think, maybe a shirt) and computer. I got the computer and phone back a few weeks later.

I'm explaining all of this here because, as I said, I appreciate the critical thinking displayed.

I think that my situation is a helpful example of the pitfalls of speculation without information. The document dump has very little information about that morning. And the omission of some of that information is taken by many on the internet to be a lack of information. In fact, it's likely the opposite. I chose not to disclose the man I encountered or the bedding for quite a while because I felt that details about those two things were specifically withheld in the doc dumps by TPD. It's difficult to defend yourself while simultaneously refusing to discuss pertinent information. But that's what I did in the past.

Everything I've discussed here is known by TPD, including much more that isn't released. TPD knows my timeline, my alibi etc. All of the questions that I've heard posed on the the internet regarding me and this investigation were answered sufficiently by TPD on the day of the abduction.

I had a hard time with this previously, as the discussion about it was with irrational, sensationalist, intellectually dishonest people. My introduction to the internet as it relates to Isabel's abduction began with a libelous article and interview by a blogger, and I didn't take well to it. TPD served the warrant with a SWAT team. Between that and the libelous accusations and speculations of internet lunatics, I have a hard time not letting my emotions become involved in any discussion about it.

But here I am. I feel that until Isabel's return or the resolution of this investigation, my name will forever be smeared on the internet. So I continue to defend myself. I've seen some pretty ridiculous things in these threads, but I'm not here to fight with anyone or call anyone names, so I simply won't comment on them directly.

To summarize some of the key things people in this thread and along the internet have found suspicious about me :

1. I abruptly ended my conversation with the officer. I did in fact, pretty abruptly say "I'm hungry, I'm going home." or something to that effect. I approached LE voluntarily three times that morning. Nothing suspicious about that.

2. I was seen loitering by Mr. Lultzenburger. This is a clear misrepresentation of the information in the doc dumps. He did not identify me. I was not that man.

3. I was in the vicinity of discovered bedding. I reported the bedding. That in and of itself might seem suspicious I guess.

4. I was walking around in the middle of the morning with a flashlight. Both my cars have flashlights. I decided to search the tunnels so I grabbed one. I also grabbed a gun before I left my house. I don't see that carrying a firearm and flashlight when searching for a child you were just told was "kidnapped" is suspicious, but who knows.

5. I took the Jetta. It was the primary car for the household. I own both cars, they're both mine. (I have actually sold the Taurus and bought a Camry and gave the Jetta to my brother. Someone in this thread said I owned a truck, which I didn't at the time, but do now).

6. A warrant was served at my house. According to PIO Sgt. Maria Hawke, numerous houses were served in that 48 hour period, with the SWAT team. As I said, I understand. No stone unturned. I wish they'd have just said "Yes." when I asked them several times "Do you want to search my house?" But TPD has apologized to me personally and publicly acknowledged my good citizenship as it regards to this. We all make mistakes, owning up to them and making amends is good enough for me, no need to hold a grudge. I think a libelous internet blogger could learn a lesson there.

I quickly left my house to help search. This is unusual, it seems. A few of my neighbors did as well, but I think most just stood in their front yards or went back into their houses. My neighbor and his boys were searching for their sister/daughter. One of the boys had just collapsed in my front yard in tears. While it seems unusual I guess that I left to search, it seems alien to me to NOT want to help. I guess that's a personal matter for each and everyone of us. But I simply couldn't walk inside and eat breakfast and say "Well, good luck with all that." after a little boy just told me "My sister was kidnapped last night and I'm trying to find her."

If websleuths members have additional questions about anything they think is suspicious, I will entertain addressing those as well.

As I haven't seen it posted, I'm including the letter that TPD sent me. They sent it specifically after I e-mailed links to the libelous blog article and interview, it's the direct reaction of TPD to that libel. They are obviously mum about much of this investigation, so this is the best they could or would do. I think it's sufficient.

I have read that it's unusual that I continue to defend myself on the internet. The internet doesn't end. This stuff lingers. If you google my name, libel and speculation and misrepresentations of the truth are the top hits. I don't think it's unusual at all to want to put the truth out there, so that if people find this stuff, my side will be told right there along side it.

I challenge any of you to wake up one morning and find your name spread across the internet as a possible child abductor and do differently.

Npcmcd, first let me say that I am very sorry and saddened for the unwarranted pain that you and your family have endured.. Imo, you should be saluted for your selfless action to locate Isabel Celis, as opposed to being investigated by law enforcement and demonized by others. Both of which had no clue, imo.
Npcmcd, be patient, the truth will eventually be revealed, and you will be recognized as the hero that you truly are, imo. I am very confident of this...

Npcmcd, hope you stick around. I have a brazillian questions that I would luv to ask you, if you don't mind sharing...tia

Npcmcd, first let me say that I am very sorry and saddened for the unwarranted pain that you and your family have endured.. Imo, you should be saluted for your selfless action to locate Isabel Celis, as opposed to being investigated by law enforcement and demonized by others. Both of which had no clue, imo.
Npcmcd, be patient, the truth will eventually be revealed, and you will be recognized as the hero that you truly are, imo. I am very confident of this...

Npcmcd, hope you stick around. I have a brazillian questions that I would luv to ask you, if you don't mind sharing...tia

Brazillian?:confused:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

(npcmcd) RE: In the wash, I encountered a man sleeping, who I seem to have wakened. He was carrying a backpack, wearing a hat, and wearing a shirt that read "Affordable Auto Sales" on the front lapel..

Was this man ever located? If not, was a sketch prepared and shared with the public via ms media?

Do you think the Ramsey's were innocent?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

No. But there was more evidence against them-their actions, deceptions, not cooperating very much. The family has been up front and not actes even remotely close to the Ramsays. I have seen no direct or circumstancial evidence....just theories from ppl here. No real evidence. Maybe they did it. Until that proof comes out I will reserve judgement.

Hope everyone is following this ws thread... deja vu?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203973&page=9&highlight=year+girl+kidnapping

CA -10 year old girl, Northridge, 27 March 2013 - Kidnapping *1 Arrested* #2

http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-me-northridge-kidnapping-20130404/10

Fugitive suspect charged in Northridge girl's kidnapping

With Tobias Summers still a fugitive, prosecutors Wednesday charged him with kidnapping a 10-year-old girl from her Northridge bedroom at knifepoint and then repeatedly sexually assaulting her during a 12-hour ordeal.

Updated at the bottom with horrific details. Warning: Not for the faint of heart. First posted at 3:19 p.m.
Tobias Summers, the at-large gang member wanted for the shocking abduction of a Northridge 10-year-old last week, was charged with three dozen counts of sexual assault, the L.A. County District Attorney's office announced today.

The 30-year-old transient was also charged with kidnapping someone under 14 and burglary, the office said. An alleged accomplice, Daniel Martinez, ...

... was expected to be arraigned in court after he was arrested over the weekend and charged with kidnapping someone younger than 14 and burglary, the office said.

Prosecutors planned to ask for $150,000 bail in his case. He could face 12 years behind bars if successfully prosecuted.

They say Martinez was the wheel man in the crime:

Martinez was allegedly waiting in a car outside a Northridge residence when co-defendant Tobias Summers, 32 (dob 11-30-80), allegedly emerged from the house with the 10-year-old victim. Martinez allegedly drove a short way before leaving the car.
The girl went missing from her Northridge bedroom early in the morning one week ago and was dropped off at a hospital six miles away with "visible injuries" 10 hours later, the District Attorney's office stated.

Cops said she suffered an unspeakably traumatic attack.
(read more with caution)

12 years behind bars? I believe "an eye for an eye" would be a much better punishment for all involved

No. But there was more evidence against them-their actions, deceptions, not cooperating very much. The family has been up front and not actes even remotely close to the Ramsays. I have seen no direct or circumstancial evidence....just theories from ppl here. No real evidence. Maybe they did it. Until that proof comes out I will reserve judgement.

ITA. There's more evidence that the Ramsey's killed their daughter than there is evidence supporting that the Celis's are guilty.

I don't think the Celis's did anything to Isabel. I'm still on the side of the fence that a stranger/someone in the family (not parents) did something.

It's crazy to think that this month will mark a year since Isabel went missing and there hasn't been much action since day 1. I hope there will be answers soon!

JM is on my fb friends list. I friend requested him right after the disappearance. I found it HIGHLY suspicious that the day of Isa's disappearance, JM was referring to her in past tense. AND he has had zero online activity since the week after. Before that he was posting fairly regularly.
I personally don't think Mom or Dad or brothers had anything to do with it...but I do think it was some one in the family.

I don't recall a man chasing a little girl around when Isabel went missing. That's a new poster btw, but it's been a while. I believe JM was friends with RC. I never found a fb for SC I don't think. Boy, it's been too long.

Interesting who's friends with who though. A few Celis relatives are friends with JM & possibly one of RC's by her maiden name & RC's other family members. At least some of them. Rodriqxxx....Interesting RC is no longer friends with JM or vice versa.

Same three people as from the start. RC, SC & JM...

A predator's first rule of prey is to gain compliance of his innocent victim. A knife would logically explain the blood found in Isabel Celis's bedroom, imo..

Only time will tell whether Tobias Summers, is a possible suspect in Isabel Celis's abduction. Sadly there are many meth driven predators like Tobias Summers, preying on our children in society.
Isabel's abductor, imo, will have identical deviant behavioral traits as TS.. The parallels can not ignored.

All indicators point to a stranger sexual predator in Isabel Celis's abduction, imo.

'LOS ANGELES (AP) — A convicted felon planned to burglarize a San Fernando Valley home but ended up kidnapping a 10-year-old girl at knifepoint and sexually assaulting her after his partner in crime fled, authorities revealed Wednesday'.
http://news.yahoo.com/2-men-charged-kidnapping-10-old-ca-girl-004334455.html

A predator's first rule of prey is to gain compliance of his innocent victim. A knife would logically explain the blood found in Isabel Celis's bedroom, imo..

Only time will tell whether Tobias Summers, is a possible suspect in Isabel Celis's abduction.

JMO, I don't think so, it looks to me like TS was imprisoned at the time Isabel disappeared.

Summers was convicted in 2009 of petty theft with prior convictions and battery, according to Los Angeles County Superior Court records. The battery conviction also involved an allegation of child annoyance, according to the LAPD.

He was reportedly released from custody in July of 2012 under the state's prison realignment program, known as A.B. 109.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_2290765...-kidnapping-sexual-assault?source=most_viewed

Edit: Oh never mind, I should have read the thread before commenting. I see it was addressed already.

The Cheese, how accurate is the criminal background record of Summer's?

The suspect, Tobias Dustin Summers, 30, is a parolee with prior convictions, including possession of explosives, dating back to 2001, when he turned 18 years old, according to police and court records.

Albanese described Summers as a parolee who was under the supervision of the Los Angeles County Department of Probation.

He was reportedly released from custody in July of 2012 under the state's prison realignment program, known as A.B. 109.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9047532

The car was parked in front of a Gilmore Street home known to be one of Summers' last known addresses. Summers also lived in a Reseda townhome with his mother about a year ago.

JMO, court and jail records are probably more reliable than reports of last known addresses which turn out to be outdated and false over and over again. Summers is described as a transient, so his address details are probably more sketchy even than most other people's.

Is there some information that connects him to Arizona? He seems mostly California-based.

Summers has some ties to Fort Smith, Arkansas.

https://www.facebook.com/tobias.summers.1?fref=ts
http://www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomtobiasdsumme/comments

I've looked at his Mom's page, in one of the photo comments she talks about her career, little surprised to find out it's CDCR :what:. She seems like a nice person, and very family oriented. I'm thankful the girl was released, horrified of what she endured, and praying she receives adequate counseling and is able to heal.

The full story is not known yet, I'm waiting to see if Summers or his accomplice has some sort of tie to, or knowledge of, the Northridge family. If not, he's very bold. Breaking into a unknown home, with people in it? Wow, there could have been a person with a gun waiting on the other side of that door.

The thought that a burglary accelerated into a kidnapping and sexual assault of a child, is opening my eyes to another possibility here in Isabel's case.

JMO, I don't think so, it looks to me like TS was imprisoned at the time Isabel disappeared.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_2290765...-kidnapping-sexual-assault?source=most_viewed

Edit: Oh never mind, I should have read the thread before commenting. I see it was addressed already.

JMO, court and jail records are probably more reliable than reports of last known addresses which turn out to be outdated and false over and over again. Summers is described as a transient, so his address details are probably more sketchy even than most other people's.

Is there some information that connects him to Arizona? He seems mostly California-based.

Donjeta, I'm trying to keep an open mind at this time. I've been researching in an attempt to verify Summers, actual prison release date. CA's prison system is in a state of chaos and their records are very misleading, imo.
RE: AZ ties; possible but can't verify at this time.

While researching Brandon Lavergne's LA Prison Records. It stated that he was released two years after he had actually been employed elsewhere for two years.. When state prisons become overcrowded mistakes are made, both in inmates released, and prison records:

http://untpress.unt.edu/catalog/3243

Bad Boy from Rosebud: The Murderous Life of Kenneth Allen McDuff
More Sharing Services Share on email Share on facebook
Lavergne, Gary M.

In October of 1989, the State of Texas set Kenneth Allen McDuff, the Broomstick Murderer, free on parole. By choosing to murder again, McDuff became the architect of an extraordinarily intolerant atmosphere in Texas. The spasm of prison construction and parole reforms—collectively called the “McDuff Rules”—resulted from an enormous display of anger vented towards a system that allowed McDuff to kill, and kill again. Bad Boy from Rosebud is a chilling account of the life of one of the most heartless and brutal serial killers in American history. Gary M. Lavergne goes beyond horror into an analysis of the unbelievable subculture in which McDuff lived. Equally compelling are the lives of remarkable law enforcement officers determined to bring McDuff to justice, and their seven-year search for his victims.

“Texas still feels the pain inflicted by Kenneth Allen McDuff, despite the relentless efforts of law enforcement officials to solve his crimes and bind up its wounds.
read more-

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9054247

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said during a Friday news conference that Tobias Summers, 30, was seen on border surveillance camera as he crossed over a footbridge into Tecate, Mexico, sometime late last week. The Tecate border crossing is about 40 miles east of San Diego.

"It will be a member of the public that helps us to capture Summers, and when we capture Summers, every one of our children is a little bit safer," Beck said.

It was unclear when Summers crossed the border. Mexican authorities are working with the LAPD to find Summers.

Authorities urge anyone with information on the suspect or the case to call the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division tip line at (213) 486-6890 or Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. ????

'Silence & misinformation by LE via MSM only leads to innocent victims lives & mounting cold cases'....

RE: Tobias Summers/CA Prison System AB 109

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/27/5297978/federal-judge-accuses-state-of.html

Karlton acknowledged that the state has made tremendous progress in reforming the horrific overcrowded conditions that compromised its ability to provide basic mental health and medical care to the inmates and led to a U.S. Supreme Court endorsement of a 2009 court-ordered plan to reduce inmate population to 137.5 percent of design capacity by the end of this year.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/27/5297978/federal-judge-accuses-state-of.html#storylink=cpy

Donjeta, I'm trying to keep an open mind at this time. I've been researching in an attempt to verify Summers, actual prison release date. CA's prison system is in a state of chaos and their records are very misleading, imo.
RE: AZ ties; possible but can't verify at this time.

While researching Brandon Lavergne's LA Prison Records. It stated that he was released two years after he had actually been employed elsewhere for two years.. When state prisons become overcrowded mistakes are made, both in inmates released, and prison records:

http://untpress.unt.edu/catalog/3243

Bad Boy from Rosebud: The Murderous Life of Kenneth Allen McDuff
More Sharing Services Share on email Share on facebook
Lavergne, Gary M.

In October of 1989, the State of Texas set Kenneth Allen McDuff, the Broomstick Murderer, free on parole. By choosing to murder again, McDuff became the architect of an extraordinarily intolerant atmosphere in Texas. The spasm of prison construction and parole reforms—collectively called the “McDuff Rules”—resulted from an enormous display of anger vented towards a system that allowed McDuff to kill, and kill again. Bad Boy from Rosebud is a chilling account of the life of one of the most heartless and brutal serial killers in American history. Gary M. Lavergne goes beyond horror into an analysis of the unbelievable subculture in which McDuff lived. Equally compelling are the lives of remarkable law enforcement officers determined to bring McDuff to justice, and their seven-year search for his victims.

“Texas still feels the pain inflicted by Kenneth Allen McDuff, despite the relentless efforts of law enforcement officials to solve his crimes and bind up its wounds.
read more-

Did you post the right link? I didn't understand how it was connected.

What are the locals thoughts about what happened?

I walk my dogs by the parking lot used as the mobile command post most nights. The other night, I looked over and thought about that lot being used as the volunteer center and thought of this thread.

Based on the outpouring of support and volunteerism by the community, I think the locals support and sympathize with the Celis family. The volunteer center was manned 24/7 for weeks by volunteers. There were people handing out fliers everywhere in Tucson for quite a while, there were hundreds of people at numerous vigils.

Locally, the community rallied behind the Celis family.

So I think my first answer was incomplete. The locals seem to think like I do, enough that hundreds of them left their homes on countless occasions to show support and offer aid.

Was this man ever located? If not, was a sketch prepared and shared with the public via ms media?

I don't know if he was located.

I never saw a sketch circulated. I did not think he seemed suspicious, just a guy sleeping in a wash. It's common to see homeless people in washes. I only reported him because I reported everything I saw that day. I think the bedding I found was insignificant as well, but I still reported it.

I walk my dogs by the parking lot used as the mobile command post most nights. The other night, I looked over and thought about that lot being used as the volunteer center and thought of this thread.

Based on the outpouring of support and volunteerism by the community, I think the locals support and sympathize with the Celis family. The volunteer center was manned 24/7 for weeks by volunteers. There were people handing out fliers everywhere in Tucson for quite a while, there were hundreds of people at numerous vigils.

Locally, the community rallied behind the Celis family.

So I think my first answer was incomplete. The locals seem to think like I do, enough that hundreds of them left their homes on countless occasions to show support and offer aid.

I don't know if he was located.

I never saw a sketch circulated. I did not think he seemed suspicious, just a guy sleeping in a wash. It's common to see homeless people in washes. I only reported him because I reported everything I saw that day. I think the bedding I found was insignificant as well, but I still reported it.

Thanks for sharing your impressions and experiences, thanks also for helping search for Isabel.

:tyou:

Has anyone heard if the Celis family will be having a vigil or event for the one year anniversary since Isa disappeared? Just curious as I know other families has done similar things and its a way to being attention back to the case.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/...morning-of-girls-disappearance-149181685.html
Neighbor Alicia Stardevant lives next door to the family's home; a wall separates her bedroom from Isabel's. On Saturday she woke up to noises outside her window.

"I noticed two male voices outside my bedroom window and I also noticed their dogs just going crazy, too," Stardevant said. "I didn't really think anything of it because it was light outside and I thought maybe someone was going for a walk."

There is a sidewalk between the Celis home and the Stardevant home, which connects the alley with the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave