AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohmygod. Just catching up now and watching this.

The parents agony is palpable...this is so horrific.

All I could think while watching them is that this is "real", in that this truly looks to be a stranger abduction as opposed to something familial.

Good god.....prayers for a happy ending for this one. And damn soon.

What she heard, lives i a guest house next door, around 6:30 am, dogs all barking, their's and hers.

What could have been happening at around that time to make the dogs bark like that ? Wouldn't Isabel's parents have been up at that time ? Especially mom ?

What could have been happening at around that time to make the dogs bark like that ? Wouldn't Isabel's parents have been up at that time ? Especially mom ?

If the dogs barked a lot and often, they might not pay attention to it. Mine bark often and a lot and I pay more attention if I am home alone than at other times.

Dr. Know saw it live at 6 on KVOA -- I'm checking for video regularly --- that's an important witness IMO

The whole thing was so horrible. Those poor kiddos just didn't have a chance in this life. :( I hope their mom has cleaned herself up and does good in honor of them. The iconic photo of the two of them still haunts me. :(

Mom was clean and was given full custody. Thanks to CPS snafus that &%%#% got them somehow. As fae as I know she has continues to live her life clean and has a foundation in their memory

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

We really need a video, she lives nextdoor in a guesthouse behind that house and her dogs woke her up barking & Celis' dogs were too. A lot of barking at 6:30 am the morning Isa was reported missing. They have attached yards...

If the dogs barked a lot and often, they might not pay attention to it. Mine bark often and a lot and I pay more attention if I am home alone than at other times.

Isabelle,
Yes,of course.But, I wonder what was happening to make the dogs bark so much at that time ? I doubt an abductor would wait until that time of the morning to strike ? When peole are up or getting up ? MOO

2 p.m. — Through tears and trembling, the parents of Isabel Mercedes Celis pleaded for her safe return.

Dressed in the white T-shirts worn by volunteers and wearing rosaries, Becky Celis read from a piece of paper, asking the community to keep its focus on finding her daughter.

“Tell us your demands,” Isabel’s father, Sergio, said moments later. “Tell us what you want.”

He then made an emotional statement directly to the missing 6-year-old: “We'll never give up looking for you.”

He also said the family was cooperating with police and plans to increase the amount of the reward money.

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/day...979-5f9f-8bee-918190531fac.html#ixzz1t6riHp4D

We really need a video, she lives nextdoor in a guesthouse behind that house and her dogs woke her up barking & Celis' dogs were too. A lot of barking at 6:30 am the morning Isa was reported missing. They have attached yards...

The thing is she heard all the barking but did not call police.

That is what can happen when dogs in the neighborhood bark a lot. People hear it but dont get up to check it out and tend to just tune it out and turn over and go back to sleep.

IMO

I would like to think that I am a pretty open-minded person, but I have to agree with you here. I thought that I read that in an article this morning, and it wasn't from Nancy Grace. I could have read it inaccurately though. I feel that it is of concern if she was sleeping with either brother; it is not appropriate for a 6 year old girl to sleep with a 10 year old boy either, in my opinion.

I'm not trying to drag this debate out. But, dr sears encourages families to co-sleep. I know a few families that do this. One family I know has a sleeping room for whoever wants to use it, boy and girl.

That's what else was said, she went back to sleep. DH watched too.

Isabelle,
Yes,of course.But, I wonder what was happening to make the dogs bark so much at that time ? I doubt an abductor would wait until that time of the morning to strike ? When peole are up or getting up ? MOO

My thoughts exactly....

I dont get that at all. They are trying to find any evidence of who may have kidnapped Isa. The place where the child goes missing from is always searched and a SW obtained. Mark Lunsford and his family had to leave their home immediately as a SW was obtained and they came in and searched the home she vanished from.

There would still be an issue. If the stranger is arrested and then the DA wants to enter the evidence they found against the stranger in Isa's home (example:fingerprints on the window screen/blind-footprints in room) then his attorney would say they did not even have a proper SW to obtain those items and file a motion to throw the evidence out. Evidence has been tossed before when LE did not have a proper SW.

Exactly. That is what I just said. They must give the Judge what they are looking for. I have no doubt the screen and possibly the window in question may have been removed and taken in.

IMO

What a tragic case. I hope and pray this has a happy ending and Isa is returned unharmed. While I don't post here very often, I wanted to clear this search warrant issue up if I can. I've been practicing law for over 18 years--it seems there's some confusion here. If this is truly a stranger abduction, and law enforcement obtained evidence against the perp at the Celis' residence that arguably exceeded the authority of a search warrant, the stranger "perp" could not successfully challenge the admissibility of that evidence on that basis. The warrant is to protect the Celis' from unreasonable search and seizure of their home and from wrongfully seized evidence being used AGAINST THEM, not against a stranger that broke into their home and stole their child.

The only reason a search warrant was obtained in this case is to protect the integrity of the evidence should it turn out that the Celis' are somehow responsible for Isa's disappearance. While they consented to the search, one would be amazed at how blurred the boundaries of that consent gets when the person consenting is implicated in the crime. So to be safe, the police obtained a warrant.

I hope that clears it up. Have a good night--

That is what can happen when dogs in the neighborhood bark a lot. People hear it but dont get up to check it out and tend to just tune it out and turn over and go back to sleep.

IMO

OBE, Perhaps she felt foolish at the thought of calling 911 about something like this.After all, there was, at that time,no reason to suspect that a crime had happened... But, it registered in her mind and stayed there. Maybe because it was SO unusual for all of the dogs to raise such a ruckus ? Just a thought...and MOO

If my Misha barks a quite bark in the middle of the night, I don't pay attention, however, if he goes into a normal bark I pay attention to see if the motion light goes on next door to me. If it is goes on, I am UP and looking. My neighbor's light is so sensitive to my property that when Misha goes out to his "Puppy Palace" at night to do his business and passes a certain spot, the light can pick him up! :)

IMO

If my neighbors called the police my dogs barked I would open up a coffee shop for them. My dogs bark at our cat when it's on the roof. And one dog starts the dog next door chimes in.

Anyone have the link about what time mom left for work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB