AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would urge the parents to speak to the media. The news cycle moves so quickly ; in the near future Isabel's name may not even be remembered. There is only a small window of opportunity to get her face and her story out.

I wonder if Isabel's parents would consider sitting down with someone from Univision or Telemundo ? They would be treated very fairly, MOO, and there is no chance of the meaning of their words being misinterpreted.

JMO

LE would like the parents to speak to the media. The parents don't want to speak to the media so that the focus remains on Isabel. The parents have avoided media appearances. Why?

Because they want the focus to remain on Isabel not them, imo.

Look at what has happened since they did speak out? How does the critisism of her parents help find Isa?

So much of the subject has been on the parents instead of how to find Isa and who took her away since they spoke out.

I understand their feelings totally.

It isnt wise for the parents to speak out nowadays, imo. It seems to divert the attention away from the missing child that needs to be found.

IMO

I think more heat needs to go on the parents. Not saying they are involved. Just saying IF they are they might crack. If not then .....well...nothing to lose but maybe something to gain if LE puts the presser on them a bit.

I dont think it is cool for the media to be harassing a mother and father who just lost their little girl. There is no evidence to suggest they are guilty. I dont know why anyone would be ok with the media shoving cameras and mics in these grieving parents faces and putting heat on them, I am certain the police have done enough of that already and have obviously found no inconsistencies.

This is not directed at anyone because we are all grasping at straws, but has JM been officially called Isa's uncle by anyone? So far he is the only one except the parents that have said anything. Oh, and the llittle boy who was interviewed randomly and said she was a perfect little girl having fun.

My point is that we have sliced and diced every word that anyone of the above have said. I don't know if anyone they know reads here or anyplace else, but I would be very hesitant to make any comment myself because I -would be afraid it would be mis-interpreated. I personally don't find anythng strange or suspicious about any of the family including JM or that young man. If I were the parents I would be terrified to say anything in public. jmo

Actually there have been a few persons to speak out. The coach, a coworker, a family friend, a kid from her team who was so scared for her, a neighbor, another neighbor, their priest, a grandparent.

Video to today's presser:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/2-more-interviewed-in-case-of-missing-6-year-old-isabel-celis/

Also, are there any Spanish speaking posters who could listen to this video and see if anything new is said? Thanks.

http://univisionarizona.univision.c...eo/2012-04-25/padres-de-isabel-celis-suplican

Nothing new, case history, parents speak for the first time, coverage of parents speaking... how to call in, blue shorts and shirt the night she disappeared...

hmm mom does slip up a tiny bit "estamos aqui hoy para suplicar el regreso de mi-de nuestra hija Isabel"...translation "we are hear today to plead for the return of my-OUR daughter Isabel."
Shows a tiny bit of emotional disconnect from the dad, in my opinion. I personally still do not think they are involved, all I am saying is that the mother's first thought is MY daughter, not OUR daughter. I might say the same thing in the same situation, who knows. But she quickly changed it to OUR.

..and just in case anyone wondered, both messages were nearly verbatim English and Spanish from both mom and dad.

I keep seeing the 'lawyer' word being posted. Have they hired an attorney? I don't know why they would need one if they are on the level about everything. jmo

We don't know if they have an attorney. It is just general conversation regarding why the family is not speaking to the media, or some feel LE tells the families not to speak to the media.

And I chimed in with, the only time families stop talking to the media is when they hire an attorney.

Just general BS.

I keep seeing the 'lawyer' word being posted. Have they hired an attorney? I don't know why they would need one if they are on the level about everything. jmo

I havent heard that any of Isa's family has obtained an attorney.

The word 'attorney' has not been mentioned from everything I have seen and read.

Nothing new, case history, parents speak for the first time, coverage of parents speaking... how to call in, blue shorts and shirt the night she disappeared...

hmm mom does slip up a tiny bit "estamos aqui hoy para suplicar el regreso de mi-de nuestra hija Isabel"...translation "we are hear today to plead for the return of my-OUR daughter Isabel."
Shows a tiny bit of emotional disconnect from the dad, in my opinion. I personally still do not think they are involved, all I am saying is that the mother's first thought is MY daughter, not OUR daughter. I might say the same thing in the same situation, who knows. But she quickly changed it to OUR.

IMO, I have a habit of saying My also instead of OUR's..............

I havent heard that any of Isa's family has obtained an attorney.

The word 'attorney' has not been mentioned from everything I have seen and read.

A couple of pressers ago, Villasenor was asked if the parents had hired an attorney and he said no. I'll try to find the link as I remember posting about it.

I guess maybe I don't see it as much as secrecy specific to whether she was at school or not. I see it as in keeping with their lack of informaion\confirmation of almost anything.

It is not a secret that she is said to have been at the park, though...that is why it seems weird to me...

Actually there have been a few persons to speak out. The coach, a coworker, a family friend, a kid from her team who was so scared for her, a neighbor, another neighbor, their priest, a grandparent.

I saw the coach, but have not seen any of the others you named nor have I seen any reference to what they said posted here. Seemed to me it was just the family getting a lot scrutiny and maybe unfairly. I just think that might be a reason they don't want to speak publically. jmo

My question is why do they want the parents to speak to the media? Usually it's the opposite. LE tells them NOT to.

When has LE told parents not to talk to the media? Just curious...I think it is usually the opposite, or at least leaves it up to them.
And then in Ayla's case, LE has been vocal about wanting the families to talk to media.

IMO, I have a habit of saying My also instead of OUR's..............

I very rarely say OUR daughters. I assume it might be because I am remarried and have been divorced from their dad for 9 years now, but I always call them MY, unless I am say, sending a picture of them to him "Your daughters at the beach"...so my, your, but not OUR. We have a friendly relationship, both of us happily remarried and he is a regular presence in their lives. Had to add that, sorry.

I couldn't get the spanish video to work but could read the article. There is nothing new that we don't already know. Parents spoke in front of the camera for the first time. The agencies involved. Parents pleading to the person or persons who have Isabel to let them know what their demands are. The last time the parents saw Isa was at 23:00. Saturday morning at 8 am she was missing.

http://noticias.univision.com/estad...arizona/noticias/estadosunidos/#axzz1tTreYqIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl