Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone link the FB pages that are allowed to be linked? Thanks.

I'm curious about the fact that it's the LV media who seem to be the ones who started the her having been seen at 11:40 - http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/09/02/police-search-for-missing-girl/ - which then had an Examiner article say it (and then that crime scene site)

Why has BC media not seemed to be the ones leading with that?

In fact, at this point, they the LV CBS station STILL seem to be the only media site even giving another time.

And they still didn't specify WHERE in the house she was seen OR if she was awake.

They jump from her simply last being seen in the house to her then being missing from her bed. Presumably that means she really was last seen in her bed despite them not specifying that, but you'd still think that would be important to state - both the where and by whom.

And it'd also be helpful to know if she was just put to bed then, or if it was actually another check-in that night, simply one that preceded the 1:30 one.

If she was just put to bed at 11:40, why?

Yes, it was a holiday, but it was a holiday with school the following day. Was an 8 year old up and playing at nearly midnight despite having school the next day?

There are SO many pieces missing to this :gaah:

We still don't even any other circumstances of the night and what happened prior or who was around or anything found in the area (if things were amiss or otherwise) or where whoever reported her missing was between the apparent just under 2 hours between her having been seen and then being missing.

Why do we not have ANY of that? Why is no one who knows her saying anything about her? Or...something...anything!

The more time that passes and the fact that NOTHING is coming out has my hinky meter sounding even more frequently. :(

All of the bolded above!! I got found this thread thirty minutes ago and trying to catch up but where is the pertinent information leading up to the disappearance? Was she supposedly in the home alone until parents decided to check on her? I'm trying to find out just the basic information here and am failing miserably. :gaah:

Makes me so teary eye sad. Seeing how much the community has come together. I guess over the years of seeing the many missing people taken I've lost something along the way. Their thoughtful suggestions are so wonderful. I wish everyone could be as helpful and nice as those people, I think less heart aches would take place.

[/B]

All of the bolded above!! I got found this thread thirty minutes ago and trying to catch up but where is the pertinent information leading up to the disappearance? Was she supposedly in the home alone until parents decided to check on her? I'm trying to find out just the basic information here and am failing miserably. :gaah:

https://www.facebook.com/mohavevalleydailynews
Just came across this. Local newspaper site, I think. You can probably get updated quickly if you go through their posts (?) I don't think a lot is know about the time prior to her disappearance, other than she lives in a house with quite a few people, not all related, and she was noticed missing about 1:30am. The FB page is full of info but it's all rumor, of course, so proceed at your own risk.

There is a pond a Chaparral golf course. Someone on fb mention Chaparral road was blocked, not seeing a road. I did find the road. Near Lakeside dr. I edited the finding a road...

RumorControl_zps0ec92aeb.jpg

:tos:

Really wish we could get some verified locals in here. At this point all we have is heresay, rumors, and trying to cipher who is actually on site viewing things and posting on FB, vs those just parroting information. If you take all that away, we have absolutely zip outside of name, age, sex, and basic description.

An 8 year old has gone missing in the middle of the night, highly unlikely she left on her own, so where does that leave us?

Well, SAR wise, if she was not taken by car, then she is likely within 1/2 mile. If that's the case, then, where is she? Lots of "good" areas I'm afraid.

I hope for the best, too many little one's being lost lately.

Unfortunately, fb is ramping up again..

I might have missed this but have they already searched water on the golf course?

I can't read that Facebook anymore, my head hurts,lol.
I've read everything and sat refreshing the page for ages and I still don't know anymore than before!

The only thing I do know is Bella wasn't in her home at 1.30 am. No sign of forced entry, no sign of any disturbance, and it's doubtful Bella left the house to go for a walk alone in the dark.
So, someone in that house at that time has to know something!
Obviously just my opinion at this time x

http://democratherald.com/news/nati...cle_f8621824-6344-5be0-b4f4-ddef93c5aa01.html

Police Lt. Jerry Duke said there is no sign of a break-in. However, investigators haven't ruled out an abduction because they have nothing solid to indicate what happened, he said.

"We have some investigative leads," he said without elaborating...

The residents of the home include Isabella's mother, stepfather, and other children who are not Isabella's siblings, Duke said. He added that Isabella's biological father is not in the area.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...s-for-missing-girl-in-bullhead-city/15024337/

Family members are being interviewed by authorities, and have been cooperative, Bullhead City public information officer Emily Fromelt said.

"[There are] no firm suspects at this time but, as of now, we are treating this as a criminal investigation," Fromelt said.

Several units from various Arizona counties are also assisting in the search, canvassing the surrounding area on foot, by boat, and using search-and-rescue dogs, she said.

Most of this has been posted already, but it will help to have the information organized in one area. Many thanks to all who have posted links!

Police search for Ariz. girl, 8, missing from home
ByCrimesider StaffCBS/AP September 3, 2014, 3:47 PM

[...]

The FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have been called in to assist in the search, reports the station.

Authorities say Isabella is 4 feet, 8 inches tall, weighs about 85 pounds and has shoulder-length dark blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing a green, ruffled, sparkly tank top and dark shorts and possibly is barefoot.

Bullhead City is along the Colorado River, about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas.

Anyone with information regarding Isabella Grogan-Cannella's whereabouts is asked to call the Bullhead City Police at (928)763-1999.
CBS/AP

Isabella "Bella" Grogan-Cannella, 8, Missing In Arizona
AP
Posted: 09/03/2014 3:08 pm EDT Updated: 1 hour ago

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities are scouring northwestern Arizona in search of an 8-year-old girl reported missing from her home.

Police, firefighters and volunteers are canvassing Bullhead City neighborhoods, nearby parks and river areas to look for Isabella "Bella" Grogan-Cannella. Police were called to her home early Tuesday when the girl's family couldn't find her in the house.

Investigation of missing Bullhead City girl a criminal matter
Posted September 3, 2014 - 10:28am
By DAVE HAWKINS - SPECIAL TO THE LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

KINGMAN, Ariz. — More than 100 personnel are searching Wednesday for an 8-year-old girl who is still missing from her home in Bullhead City.

Police spokeswoman Emily Fromelt said the investigation of the disappearance of Isabella Grogan-Cannella is now considered a criminal matter because the girl has vanished without a trace.

Search continues for missing girl: Authorities scour neighborhood for 8-year-old
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 5:03 am
By DK McDONALD and JULIE FAIRMAN News West

[...]

“This incident does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert,” said Fromelt. “Police do not have any information that an abduction occurred. According to Amber Alert, they have strict guidelines because issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness.”

It is possible the girl left the home on her own, although detectives haven’t reached any conclusion regarding her disappearance. According to neighbors, Isabella had been seen Monday night playing hide-and-seek in the neighborhood before going home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member