Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JR told the police about the Walmart shoplifting! Was that his alibi? I don't know. Seems like he could have gotten clothes from someone without stealing them from Walmart, and leaving the evidence there.

What is JJR took Bella as a sort of payback to TG for something, and he sent that text, "I have Bella, what are you going to do about it?" They called his bluff, they called the police and he was hidden somewhere with Bella and saw the police activity and killed her because they did call the police??? Then he buried her, went to WM to shoplift new clothing, and got stopped by the police then???

“I was told that my daughter made a
statement to (the Daily News) and you (reporters) took it out of proportion, that there was a text message,” Grogan said. “Well, you know what? She’s 10 years old, under a lot of stress right now, and she doesn’t know what the heck she’s saying.

So why the heck was her mom allowing the media to interview her? :mad:

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...cle_2b908420-3660-11e4-a821-0019bb2963f4.html

I wrote a post about that a bit ago. IMO, they were calling his bluff....perhaps JR said, or implied, or hinted that there was no way they would call the cops because of what activities were going on in the home, or some other blackmail. Perhaps they thought JR would see the cops, realize they weren't playing, but he had no idea they hadn't told o about him. In my hypothesis, the cops weren't called to really find Bella, but to intimidate, or force JR to return her. Unfortunately, I think so much time had lapsed between him taking Bella, and police being called, that he had already killed her. ALL JMO!

makes sense ::: total ''fail'' on both sides and poor Bella paid the price

What is JJR took Bella as a sort of payback to TG for something, and he sent that text, "I have Bella, what are you going to do about it?" They called his bluff, they called the police and he was hidden somewhere with Bella and saw the police activity and killed her because they did call the police??? Then he buried her, went to WM to shoplift new clothing, and got stopped by the police then???

If he killed her at that point why steal clothes? If he saw that they called the police he would assume they said he had Bella so if he killed her at that point i think it would be revenge and he'd be caught. I can almost see killing someone in a rage not caring if you got caught but then i don't see you going to steal clothes within anm hour to hide it. There probably wasn't blood as she was strangled. At least not tons of blood like in a stabbing. So it must have been to hide something less visible at first glance.

I don't know. I'm so confused and feel it could be related to the charges RF was supposed to be arraigned on the next day. If the parents have an alibi I'd be happier with the above scenario. As it is I feel they must be more involved than we know at this point.

If he killed her at that point why steal clothes? If he saw that they called the police he would assume they said he had Bella so if he killed her at that point i think it would be revenge and he'd be caught. I can almost see killing someone in a rage not caring if you got caught but then i don't see you going to steal clothes within anm hour to hide it. There probably wasn't blood as she was strangled. At least not tons of blood like in a stabbing. So it must have been to hide something less visible at first glance.

I don't know. I'm so confused and feel it could be related to the charges RF was supposed to be arraigned on the next day. If the parents have an alibi I'd be happier with the above scenario. As it is I feel they must be more involved than we know at this point.

bbm

me too......

am guessing when you run with this crowd paranoia would be normal and you can never trust any of your associates completely.... MOO

As usual, Gitana, my sentiments exactly. Nail. On. Head.

If this was just a case of a minor incident resulting in a juvie record, there'd prob be no problems and it wouldn't even be a story. However, convicted FELONS surrounded these children's lives. Lots of people are products of their environment. So what. It doesn't take away from the fact that there are laws to follow in life and if they are disregarded then these same people are judged in a court of law. A person can choose to be good or bad. They can choose to become an integral part of the positive side of soceity, or conversely choose to be part of the problem. Nothing excuses these children being subjected to this environment. Nothing on the face of this earth excuses that. Drugs, weapons, theft - seems the girls were surrounded with "bad choices". I am sooooo sick of innocent children being destroyed &/or murdered with drugs & crime being in the background of their parental caretakers bad choice making decisions.

Years ago I had a neighbor like that, and all of her kids grew up happy and healthy. In spite of that, I do think it's almost always a recipe for disaster. The reasons she was so "lucky" is that she had stern rules for her kids and herself - her friends also knew she always had a loaded gun on her. She had a very protective Great Dane, and double deadbolt locks on all the doors. The kids were under strict orders (the oldest was 13) that if she wasn't home, Harry (the dog) was not to leave the house and they don't unlock the door for anyone. The 10 year old girl did open it one night and let a friend of her mother's (luckily a very trustworthy female) in, and ended up being lectured for 2 hours and grounded for a week because, as her mother put it, "just because they're my friends it doesn't mean you should always trust them. Don't you know the kind of people I hang around with?"

She planted a garden every spring, and had berries planted around the house. She also took off time every summer to play the "homebody", which meant picking and canning vegetables, and cooking up dinners to freeze for times when she wouldn't be home to cook. She was always home (even if not in great shape) when the kids went to school, and always there when they got home. She was a great cook, and their house was almost always clean. I think the reason she functioned as well as she did in spite of her addictions may have been that she was a great mother and wife before her husband was in a serious motorcycle accident and burned to death. She started drinking and using to deal with the pain, and ended up with some hard to handle addictions.

She, and others like her, are one of the reasons I don't automatically label anyone who uses a low life, don't assume they don't care about their families, and don't blame them for anything someone else did. I was interrupted so many times while writing this, I'm not sure if I even made my point (whatever it was), but I hope anyone who takes the time to read it finds something that makes it worth their time!

am guessing when you run with this crowd paranoia would be normal and you can never trust any of your associates completely.... MOO
...or the police. I have a strong feeling that is why they didn't offer up information - they were worried they would be implicated due to their criminal history, I doubt they trusted the police.

Had they been forthright and called the police as soon as the sister alerted them to the disappearance and told them about the message JJR sent, LE would have issued an Amber Alert and be looking for JJR not just a missing child. There is a VERY good chance that those details could have prevented this tragedy. Time of death will reveal if that is the case.

Just solidifies the fact that people like that have no business raising children and shaping their moral character.

Years ago I had a neighbor like that, and all of her kids grew up happy and healthy. In spite of that, I do think it's almost always a recipe for disaster. The reasons she was so "lucky" is that she had stern rules for her kids and herself - her friends also knew she always had a loaded gun on her. She had a very protective Great Dane, and double deadbolt locks on all the doors. The kids were under strict orders (the oldest was 13) that if she wasn't home, Harry (the dog) was not to leave the house and they don't unlock the door for anyone. The 10 year old girl did open it one night and let a friend of her mother's (luckily a very trustworthy female) in, and ended up being lectured for 2 hours and grounded for a week because, as her mother put it, "just because they're my friends it doesn't mean you should always trust them. Don't you know the kind of people I hang around with?"

She planted a garden every spring, and had berries planted around the house. She also took off time every summer to play the "homebody", which meant picking and canning vegetables, and cooking up dinners to freeze for times when she wouldn't be home to cook. She was always home (even if not in great shape) when the kids went to school, and always there when they got home. She was a great cook, and their house was almost always clean. I think the reason she functioned as well as she did in spite of her addictions may have been that she was a great mother and wife before her husband was in a serious motorcycle accident and burned to death. She started drinking and using to deal with the pain, and ended up with some hard to handle addictions.

She, and others like her, are one of the reasons I don't automatically label anyone who uses a low life, don't assume they don't care about their families, and don't blame them for anything someone else did. I was interrupted so many times while writing this, I'm not sure if I even made my point (whatever it was), but I hope anyone who takes the time to read it finds something that makes it worth their time!

Thank you for sharing that......I agree I have known of a few people who appear, at first glance, a bit rough around the edges but they have a strong inner core of family values that steers them. I am happy to hear that your neighbor's kids turned out great. Private pain as a result of tragic loss like you describe is seldom understood by those on the outside looking in.

Does anyone have any links from MSM to confirm why the forensics team, K9 unit and several police vehicles were at the family home today?

Thank you for sharing that......I agree I have known of a few people who appear, at first glance, a bit rough around the edges but they have a strong inner core of family values that steers them. I am happy to hear that your neighbor's kids turned out great. Private pain as a result of tragic loss like you describe is seldom understood by those on the outside looking in.

Kinda reminds me of the movie "mask" where Cher who played the mother ran with a rough crowd but put her kids first . Not to say TG was anything like her , she isn't.

Secret text messages? Extortion? Talk about runaway speculation .. sorry, I don't see it. :facepalm:

JJR ditched his clothes for new at Wal-Mart because he was at the location where Isabella's body was recovered from burial. JJR's clothes would have been dirty from digging the hole and burying her. As far as we know, LE is leaning toward that theory.

If there were text messages sent from JJR to TG / RF claiming he had taken Isabella or if there were no such messages and after returning home from Wal-Mart and TG had thought JJR had taken Isabella (and not necessarily for evil purpose) TG would have been out and about all over BHC looking for his sorry butt for taking her cherished daughter that late at night and without her permission.

Any perceived trepidation from TG or RF is possibly explained by that TG was fearful of losing her children to CPS due to her legal issues (public records reveal up to eight issues, with one of those issues indicating she attempted to gain child support from Isabella's biological father) and also for having her youngest child gone missing.

I've seen postings here regarding a Nancy Grace episode that showed TG claiming her older daughter told her "I can't find Bella and Justin." I have not seen that 'interview' but if that exists then that might change my thoughts on this matter.

I believe there is no conspiracy nor secret text messages (as has been speculated). JJR is a pedophile who took advantage of an opportunity and acted on sick feelings that might have been simmering in his distorted brain.

As for LE not ruling out further arrests, I suspect that is based on CPS findings, not directly on the kidnap and murder of her child, other than she might be found negligent for exposing her children to criminal elements. It might be a stretch for TG to also be charged in the culpability for her daughter's rape and murder since the JJR-as-pedophile fact is not something that TG would have been expected to know.

Secret text messages? Extortion? Talk about runaway speculation .. sorry, I don't see it. :facepalm:

JJR ditched his clothes for new at Wal-Mart because he was at the location where Isabella's body was recovered from burial. JJR's clothes would have been dirty from digging the hole and burying her. As far as we know, LE is leaning toward that theory.

If there were text messages sent from JJR to TG / RF claiming he had taken Isabella or if there were no such messages and after returning home from Wal-Mart and TG had thought JJR had taken Isabella (and not necessarily for evil purpose) TG would have been out and about all over BHC looking for his sorry butt for taking her cherished daughter that late at night and without her permission.

Any perceived trepidation from TG or RF is possibly explained by that TG was fearful of losing her children to CPS due to her legal issues (public records reveal up to eight issues, with one of those issues indicating she attempted to gain child support from Isabella's biological father) and also for having her youngest child gone missing.

I've seen postings here regarding a Nancy Grace episode that showed TG claiming her older daughter told her "I can't find Bella and Justin." I have not seen that 'interview' but if that exists then that might change my thoughts on this matter.

I believe there is no conspiracy nor secret text messages (as has been speculated). JJR is a pedophile who took advantage of an opportunity and acted on sick feelings that might have been simmering in his distorted brain.

As for LE not ruling out further arrests, I suspect that is based on CPS findings, not directly on the kidnap and murder of her child, other than she might be found negligent for exposing her children to criminal elements. It might be a stretch for TG to also be charged in the culpability for her daughter's rape and murder since the JJR-as-pedophile fact is not something that TG would have been expected to know.
The text messages were actually Facebook messages and I and thousands of other people have seen them as posted on social media. The sister also confirmed such messages according to the police report.

Why is it difficult to believe that someone desperate for drugs, money or both with a history of violent and unpredictable behaviour, would not use a child as collateral?

The 10 yo has lived in multiple homes, her and her sisters have been involved with CPS for years, and has seen more sorrow, fear and now tragedy than most kids her age. Grandparents are the only ones the kids have been able to trust. I mean she's older than her years, more than likely, as kids forced into that lifestyle usually are.

It's disturbing to me that her credibility is now in question, because she could tell more than the incident that night, leading up to Bella's death. I'd believe her over anyone else that's spoken to the media. BTW Whenever I read an article like in the Mohave Valley Daily News yesterday, I always check the fb pages of people like friends in an article. We can't discuss those here, however, I'd encourage people to do so themselves. http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...cle_2b908420-3660-11e4-a821-0019bb2963f4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme