Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they were part if a shoplifting ring? Shoplifters rarely work alone . They usually work in groups to distract associates away from where the shoplifting is taking place . They take the merchandise and return it whiteout a receipt and sell the "store credit " in legit settings for less than it's worth . Sometimes they even try to sell them in the parking lot of the store. This would explain the mass outing to walmart in the middle of the night and the length of time they were gone. TG has a shoplifting arrest and so does JJR. RF has theft but idk about shoplifting .

I don't know about a ring, could be, but yes, RF has a shoplifting charge too as of 9/2/14 but occurred 8/25/14.

1 SHOPLIFTING 9/2/2014 *
NONE 2 THEFT-CONTROL STOLEN PROPERTY 9/2/2014 *
NONE 3 POSS WPN BY PROHIB PERSON 9/2/2014 *

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I don't know about a ring, could be, but yes, RF has a shoplifting charge too as of 9/2/14 but occurred 8/25/14.

1 SHOPLIFTING 9/2/2014 *
NONE 2 THEFT-CONTROL STOLEN PROPERTY 9/2/2014 *
NONE 3 POSS WPN BY PROHIB PERSON 9/2/2014 *

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

wow....that was one action packed day for RF.....
wonder what he shoplifted -- we know about the other goodies (guns etc)

bella missing
arraignment continuance

Agreed. Considering what was reported to LE, when, and by whom, and the proven accuracy in the child's statements, juxtaposed to the proven lack of crucial detail and inaccuracies of the mother's statements in MSM, I'd say both LE and a jury would find the 10 year old's degree of accuracy to by far higher than the mother's.

Especially since based on what we know of their histories, the odd choices in judgement that night, and the details all over the place (including Bella's name!) it wouldn't be at all shocking if the kids were the only ones who hadn't been drinking and/or using some sort of substances that evening...

Reminder: Tania said she thought maybe Rector was waiting outside the sliding door...which means hmmm they left the slider unlocked while Freddie was upstairs sleeping and they took off for Walmart. So the girls are downstairs, the step-gmom is upstairs sleeping, the slider is unlocked...

Yeah real cool.

Her story changed so much. I still think she knew Rector was there and if he wasn't there when she left with the others then she'd have assumed he'd have shown up anyway considering he'd been staying there for a few days. Pffft...

Again, adult asleep upstairs, 2 young kids downstairs, slider unlocked. And that's normal how? Is the slider upstairs or downstairs? 2 bedroom condo/apartment/townhouse/or whatever the politically correct term is atm, 1.5 bath, a little over a thousand sq ft, yet there's sleeping going on upstairs while other adults are there with kids downstairs? Doesn't make a bit of sense.

slider doors freak me out -- had locks and extra piece of wood to keep it in place ESPECIALLY at night....with little kids.....I am pretty confident most of the people I know would be hyper vigilant about slider doors so you raise an excellent point

I transcribed portions from the video statements police issued in order to get a better idea of the timeline. Feel free to add anything else you find important. All the videos are on the Bullhead City, Arizona Government FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bullhead-City-Arizona-Government/343118996584?hc_location=timeline

September 2, ~9 am. police statement, Chief Williamson speaking:

"The residents there reported that Isabella Grogan-Cannella, an eight year old girl, was missing, she was no longer in her bed or anywhere to be found in the residence. Since that time we've been involved in a very active search for Bella. [gives description].

The police department, the police auxiliary and the fire department have been actively searching and canvassing the neighborhood, nearby parks and river. Since very early this morning a Care Flight helicopter has assisted us in a search from the air.

We currently have a large amount of resources from the Federal Bureau of Investigation on site and more coming. We have the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children on site to assist us with this investigation.

The Mohave County Sheriff's office Search and Rescue is out, assisting us actively with this search and many more agencies have pledged assistance when, and should we need it."

[He then asks the public to look for Bella. A disclaimer was published stating that an Amber Alert wasn't issued as there was no significant information that an abduction has occurred.]

September 3 public update, 10:30 am., Chief Williamson speaking:

"We are continuing our search for Bella, by searching the Colorado river, by land and by boat and by... with air resources. We are also conducting door to door searches, area searches.

We have a criminal investigation that is underway."

[The chief goes on to ask everyone to search around their homes and to call in tips, no matter how unimportant they may seem.]

September 3 Press Conference, ~4:45 pm., Chief Williamson speaking:

"At about 1:30 am. On Tuesday morning Bella's family reported her missing from her residence. There were no signs of forced entry or a struggle.

Since there was [sic] no witnesses or evidence that an abduction occurred, this incident did not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. However, an abduction has not been ruled out and detectives, with the assistance of the FBI, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and other law enforcement agencies have been working diligently to uncover what happened to Bella."

September 4, 1:40 pm., police press conference, Chief Williamson speaking:

[Announces Justin Rector's arrest.]

"Rector is a family friend and it's reported that he stayed at that residence for a few days.
[…]

Bella's 10 year old sister told police that the last time she saw Bella was about 11:30 pm. on Monday when she went to the bathroom. When... her sister reported that Bella was with Rector and when she came out of the bathroom they were gone.

Bella's sister did not hear any yelling or any kind of disturbance."
[…]

He answers questions:

"Ralph is the boyfriend of the mother, that's the relationship, the best way to describe the relationship.

There were several people at the house, uh, living at the house and staying in the house at that time and I do not have the list of all those names with me."

I transcribed portions from the video statements police issued in order to get a better idea of the timeline. Feel free to add anything else you find important. All the videos are on the Bullhead City, Arizona Government FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bullhead-City-Arizona-Government/343118996584?hc_location=timeline

September 2, ~9 am. police statement, Chief Williamson speaking:

"The residents there reported that Isabella Grogan-Cannella, an eight year old girl, was missing, she was no longer in her bed or anywhere to be found in the residence. Since that time we've been involved in a very active search for Bella. [gives description].

The police department, the police auxiliary and the fire department have been actively searching and canvassing the neighborhood, nearby parks and river. Since very early this morning a Care Flight helicopter has assisted us in a search from the air.

We currently have a large amount of resources from the Federal Bureau of Investigation on site and more coming. We have the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children on site to assist us with this investigation.

The Mohave County Sheriff's office Search and Rescue is out, assisting us actively with this search and many more agencies have pledged assistance when, and should we need it."

[He then asks the public to look for Bella. A disclaimer was published stating that an Amber Alert wasn't issued as there was no significant information that an abduction has occurred.]

September 3 public update, 10:30 am., Chief Williamson speaking:

"We are continuing our search for Bella, by searching the Colorado river, by land and by boat and by... with air resources. We are also conducting door to door searches, area searches.

We have a criminal investigation that is underway."

[The chief goes on to ask everyone to search around their homes and to call in tips, no matter how unimportant they may seem.]

September 3 Press Conference, ~4:45 pm., Chief Williamson speaking:

"At about 1:30 am. On Tuesday morning Bella's family reported her missing from her residence. There were no signs of forced entry or a struggle.

Since there was [sic] no witnesses or evidence that an abduction occurred, this incident did not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. However, an abduction has not been ruled out and detectives, with the assistance of the FBI, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and other law enforcement agencies have been working diligently to uncover what happened to Bella."

September 4, 1:40 pm., police press conference, Chief Williamson speaking:

[Announces Justin Rector's arrest.]

"Rector is a family friend and it's reported that he stayed at that residence for a few days.
[…]

Bella's 10 year old sister told police that the last time she saw Bella was about 11:30 pm. on Monday when she went to the bathroom. When... her sister reported that Bella was with Rector and when she came out of the bathroom they were gone.

Bella's sister did not hear any yelling or any kind of disturbance."
[…]

He answers questions:

"Ralph is the boyfriend of the mother, that's the relationship, the best way to describe the relationship.

There were several people at the house, uh, living at the house and staying in the house at that time and I do not have the list of all those names with me."
If I am interpreting this correctly, it's possible that the sister did not tell police about JJR until the next day at the earliest. Had that information been divulged the evening Bella was reported missing, an Amber Alert would have been issued as it would then qualify as an abduction.

My question is this - What were the parent's hoping to accomplish by withholding the very crucial information that would have enabled a more productive search? Did they tell the older sister to withhold the information about JJR?

Thank you for the accurate and informative timeline Ms Marple.

If nothing else- even if there wasn't the previous CPS issues, drug use and criminal histories of the mother and boyfriend-for this alone I hold TG partially responsible for this outcome.

Could she have saved Bella?

We will sadly never know.

I wanted to add this is beginning to remind me A LOT of Haleigh Cummings circumstances. Sigh... at least we have Bella's body and a perp in custody for her murder.

If I am interpreting this correctly, it's possible that the sister did not tell police about JJR until the next day at the earliest. Had that information been divulged the evening Bella was reported missing, an Amber Alert would have been issued as it would then qualify as an abduction.

My question is this - What were the parent's hoping to accomplish by withholding the very crucial information that would have enabled a more productive search? Did they tell the older sister to withhold the information about JJR?

Mt quick response to this is they thought he would bring her back unharmed and it would all be "a misunderstanding". NO, I am not condoning their reasoning, but this might have been it.

Mt quick response to this is they thought he would bring her back unharmed and it would all be "a misunderstanding". NO, I am not condoning their reasoning, but this might have been it.

interesting.....am trying to wrap my head around the ?? why for that = (a) had that happened before or (b) had he threatened to do so?

Yes thank you for the timeline . I have been thinking that it's been a long time since we've heard anything from LE . In terms of an update on their "ongoing investigation " . Is Sept 4 the last time we've heard anything officially form LE?

I wanted to add this is beginning to remind me A LOT of Haleigh Cummings circumstances. Sigh... at least we have Bella's body and a perp in custody for her murder.

and another horrible story with a beautiful little girl without a chance....and yes the perps are in prison just not for her murder....IMHO

If that was the case, why not allow the police to facilitate or aid in Bella's return? What is served by withholding that information? That is obstruction of justice.

My question remains, what were the parent's hiding that was worth being charged with obstruction or worse, their child being harmed? Why call the police at all if they thought he may bring her back?

I keep thinking of this too. I mean, even after the 911 call, when LE arrived, surely officers will have asked who lives in the house. Who was present that day, so did they not only miss him off the 911 call, but also when questioned on the residents?
I wonder if rector had done this before, but always returned with her, so they waited a bit to see if he'd come back,then at some point,they knew they had to call 911.
But as to why they didn't even mention him, is very strange to me.

interesting.....am trying to wrap my head around the ?? why for that = (a) had that happened before or (b) had he threatened to do so?

If, and again, if this had babysat for the girls prior, and nothing happened, they might expect them to return and 'clear it up'. OR, they were trying to cover their own behinds by not mentioning that he was there, alone, with their children.

I know most folks would vote for option #2, but I am still not convinced that the parents (as horribly misguided and uneducated and not too smart as they are) were involved in this.

They're some pretty decent size boxes, far larger than the small evidence bags we've seen in other murdered person's cases. Wonder what evidence was seized that required boxes. Maybe a computer? Has anything been release as to what was confiscated?

6pz1nt.jpg

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...1e4-877f-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=image&photo=0

Evidence seized
FBI agents load boxes of evidence seized this morning at the home of Isabella Grogan-Cannella, the 8-year-old who went missing early Tuesday morning and whose body was found by searchers early Wednesday afternoon. Justin James Rector, 26, was arrested early Thursday morning and has been charged with first degree murder and kidnapping and is being held without bond in the Mohave County jail in Kingman.

I keep thinking of this too. I mean, even after the 911 call, when LE arrived, surely officers will have asked who lives in the house. Who was present that day, so did they not only miss him off the 911 call, but also when questioned on the residents?
I wonder if rector had done this before, but always returned with her, so they waited a bit to see if he'd come back,then at some point,they knew they had to call 911.
But as to why they didn't even mention him, is very strange to me.

That is what I am thinking right now. Maybe they really, really thought it was not a big deal. But then again, why report it in the first place? at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme