Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox5vegas.com/video?clipI...autostart=true

Why did it take the disappearance and murder of an 8 year old girl to alert LE to the drug activities at that address? I find it kind of disgusting that the neighbour that got to know Bella didn't share her suspicions about Bella's "caregivers", or that someone in the neighbourhood didn't make a call to authorities about the suspicious activity. People were coming and going at all hours, and they were selling meth and heroin from that location? They obviously felt quite safe and protected in doing so too in what looks like a nice middle class area. Does nobody bother reporting anything any more because LE's hands are tied?
What is it like for an officer of the law in a place like Bullhead City, I wonder? I can't imagine doing that job, with all of the advantages and obligations we extend to criminals.

Do we know how long they lived at this address?

If the house had no electricity then IMO when Tania stated the girls were going to watch a movie that would have been a lie?

Poor little girls. They should never have had to live that way...and Bella shouldn't have had to DIE that way.

How on earth were that many people able to live in a house with no electricity? I mean we all know Tania and the troop were far from house proud but having no electricity is very limiting!! To think she had children in that cess pit is horrifying! I wonder if the girls' school has ever expressed concerns regarding Bella and Kaylee. Living in that sort of environment with a mother more interested in meth and her husband would of surely had an impact on the girls' wellbeing and appearance. My 5 year old recently had a very disturbed nights sleep thanks to a noisy neighbor....she looked like death warmed up the next day and that was ONE night.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/video?clipI...autostart=true

Why did it take the disappearance and murder of an 8 year old girl to alert LE to the drug activities at that address? I find it kind of disgusting that the neighbour that got to know Bella didn't share her suspicions about Bella's "caregivers", or that someone in the neighbourhood didn't make a call to authorities about the suspicious activity. People were coming and going at all hours, and they were selling meth and heroin from that location? They obviously felt quite safe and protected in doing so too in what looks like a nice middle class area. Does nobody bother reporting anything any more because LE's hands are tied?
What is it like for an officer of the law in a place like Bullhead City, I wonder? I can't imagine doing that job, with all of the advantages and obligations we extend to criminals.

That's a good question and one that people often ask after the fact. I will assume it took Bella's death due to the simple fact that the only ones who *really* knew what were going on in that house, were the very same ones participating in it and enjoying every minute of it. Tipping LE off to the details would mean cutting off their noses to spite their faces so no, that wasn't going to happen.

The only ones in the house that weren't partaking were Bella and her sister, but when you're a kid and that's *all* you know, it's home, that's mom, and you keep your mouth shut. :(

So it's official, JR was sleeping in the same room as Bella and her sister. That makes me sick. And yet another neighbor verifies that Bella's home was a mess, she was out at all hours. Detective Grasse said the house was a flop house and had no electricity.

BTW, my understanding is that the house was rented by Freddie. Reports say the landlord served an eviction notice after Bella's death.

I can't watch the clip, does it say when the electricity was shut off? It could be a bad angle but from the Bullhead City arrest video I watched earlier, it looks like there's a FOR SALE sign just to the left of the driveway. I don't recall seeing that there before in the many pics of I've seen of the house.

If the house had no electricity then IMO when Tania stated the girls were going to watch a movie that would have been a lie?

The spokesperson said there was no electricity the night of the arrests. We don't know about the time of Isabella's disappearance.

That's a good question and one that people often ask after the fact. I will assume it took Bella's death due to the simple fact that the only ones who *really* knew what were going on in that house, were the very same ones participating in it and enjoying every minute of it. Tipping LE off to the details would mean cutting off their noses to spite their faces so no, that wasn't going to happen.

The only ones in the house that weren't partaking were Bella and her sister, but when you're a kid and that's *all* you know, it's home, that's mom, and you keep your mouth shut. :(

I was wondering why someone would offer up information after the fact about Isabella's neglect and not advocate for those girls with an anonymous call to CPS or LE. If I suspected a bunch of low lifes were selling drugs on my street and their kids were being neglected, I would be making that call without a second thought.

I was wondering why someone would offer up information after the fact about Isabella's neglect and not advocate for those girls with an anonymous call to CPS or LE. If I suspected a bunch of low lifes were selling drugs on my street and their kids were being neglected, I would be making that call without a second thought.
I am getting the impression that even CPS and LE have missed opportunities to investigate the situation prior to this tragedy. RF was involved with a burglary ring and has weapons charges... JJR had protection orders and various charges, TG was a known drug dealer in the community... The list is endless. These are not people unknown to LE and therefore at *some* point, someone should have sounded the alarm.

The community and family are all talking about how bad things were and yet sadly, they didn't speak either.

The bottom line is that Bella was let down by everyone.

Bella and her sister had been living away from Tania prior to Bella's death. I think Kaylee was with Grandma Sue and Bella was with Tania's mom. It's a damm shame that those girls were ever returned there. I think sometimes CPS is under too much pressure to return kids to their parents instead of leaving them where they are safest.

I am getting the impression that even CPS and LE have missed opportunities to investigate the situation prior to this tragedy. RF was involved with a burglary ring and has weapons charges... JJR had protection orders and various charges, TG was a known drug dealer in the community... The list is endless. These are not people unknown to LE and therefore at *some* point, someone should have sounded the alarm.

The community and family are all talking about how bad things were and yet sadly, they didn't speak either.

The bottom line is that Bella was let down by everyone.

I'm appealing to anyone here that has even a small suspicion that a child is being neglected and living in the shadow of substance abuse, please make that call before it's too late for that helpless little person. Then maybe in some way we can justify that Isabella's death was not in vain.

Maybe she did make that anon call to CPS but was playing it smart when the local reporters come asking around? If that were me, I wouldn't be announcing it to local junkies watching the news that I was a person who'd call CPS on them. OR... Maybe she didn't think it was AS BAD as it actually was but just connected the dots after the fact? I mean, really, most people don't automatically suspect the worst possible living conditions such as filth, garbage, bed bugs, rampant drug use, etc.

I don't know. Lots of unanswered questions, still.

Maybe she did make that anon call to CPS but was playing it smart when the local reporters come asking around? If that were me, I wouldn't be announcing it to local junkies watching the news that I was a person who'd call CPS on them. OR... Maybe she didn't think it was AS BAD as it actually was but just connected the dots after the fact? I mean, really, most people don't automatically suspect the worst possible living conditions such as filth, garbage, bed bugs, rampant drug use, etc.

I don't know. Lots of unanswered questions, still.

Yah, but...I see this everywhere. Someone suggests something might be very wrong, and someone else, trying to be more positive, talks them out of it, saying "maybe it's not what you think." JMO but I think we are all trying too hard not to be judgemental these days and giving people the benefit of the doubt way too much.
There is no harm in making the call. If people have nothing to hide, 'no harm no foul'.
I don't mean to sound like a fuddy duddy...I'm really not but I have been thinking of how we are losing our intuitive instincts by trying to be always kind and pc.

Yah, but...I see this everywhere. Someone suggests something might be very wrong, and someone else, trying to be more positive, talks them out of it, saying "maybe it's not what you think." JMO but I think we are all trying too hard not to be judgemental these days and giving people the benefit of the doubt way too much.
There is no harm in making the call. If people have nothing to hide, 'no harm no foul'.
I don't mean to sound like a fuddy duddy...I'm really not but I have been thinking of how we are losing our intuitive instincts by trying to be always kind and pc.

You don't sound like a fuddy duddy to me :) and I agree 100 percent that there's a time to be kind and a time to speak out on behalf of a child too young to speak for themself.

One problem in this situation is that most of the people closest to that family were living exactly the same lifestyle, including granny! I'm not even sure any of them saw Bella's situation as all that bad. And why would they compromise their drug dealer. Gah. Makes me sick.

Plus, after reading posts on TG's FB page from 2013 where she outed a friend for being a police informant (she even posted screenshots of the arrest warrant and circled his name!) I get the feeling that between her acid tongue and Ralphy's access to guns not many people were inclined to cross that family.

As for the neighbors, they may have been Bella's best hope but I bet they reacted exactly as you described. You're right; too many people hesitate because they think they might be mistaken or seen as being nosy.

For the record, I'm not excusing anybody, just thinking about some reasons why no one stepped forward to help Bella and her sister. We all need to remember it's not about us - making that phone call might be uncomfortable but it could save a child's life.

TG struck me as a bully and probably used her vulgarity and size to intimidate many JMHO ((am referencing video coverage of her especially when she is so vitriolic towards her mother etc etc and held pressers when she was warned not to do so ))

I'm sure glad they all got arrested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

:welcome2:

I am feeling relieved.....and hopefully there will at last be some explanation of the bizarre statements made by TG. Maybe the truth will come out at last during the court proceedings.....

bbm

The video describes Bella's home life, bedbugs and all so yes, thank you - I wouldn't have watched it otherwise. :)

True justice for Bella would be that she was still alive and in the care of someone who loved her. Since that can never be, I'll settle for second best, so:

Thank you BCPD for bringing justice to the next phase! Well done on your part.

With these arrests I guess we can finally express some of our opinions about how the people in Bella's life not only failed her as caretakers but contributed to the circumstances which allowed JR access to her.

Yet another “good” mother turns out not to be.

Mom, stepdad an grandma are awful people.

That odd 911 call makes sense now. So does the timing.

Most of us knew these people should be arrested.

I'm eagerly awaiting them ratting out each other.

There's more to come, I'm sure of it.

Ahh, I feel much better now.

:liar: ==> :copcar: ==> :behindbar:

These folks seem a lot like Misty and Ron and crew (in FL)

I know it'd been said earlier, but all the new developments make it seem that way even moreso now.

So glad the lot of them are locked up.

The diversion calls are nuts! (And at least they were stupid enough to make it officer down calls...those are far, far, far less likely to not have another officer reporting or without having an officer known to be heading into a call where that may be a probable risk, etc. I'm sure it raised their hinky flags from the get go that it was all a ploy)

I'm sure glad they all got arrested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

The trouble is, prison is pretty much a cleaner, lock down version of the life they have been living. With better meals.
They already know a lot of other inmates (friends and family) and it will be old home week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member