AZ AZ - Jarrett Brooks, 16, last seen near I-40, Joseph City area, 4 Jul 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like many teenagers, sometimes Jarrett also got in trouble. One of those times happened the night before he disappeared when he was grounded for damaging one of the family’s vehicles.

It was the fourth time the teenager had gotten in trouble for taking the vehicle off-roading, the latest time breaking something on the vehicle even after he’d been told not to go off-road again.

Jarrett had been grounded the previous evening after his parents discovered he'd broken the family car's CV axle by driving the car off-road, which he had been warned not to do three times before.

Jarrett had been grounded the previous evening after his parents discovered he'd broken the family car's CV axle by driving the car off-road, which he had been warned not to do three times before.

Laura, who was the last family member to see him, said she bumped into him in the hallway on her way to have a shower about 6:15 am.

'He asked me if he was grounded from everything or just driving, and I told him everything. And then, I went into the bathroom to take my shower,' she said.

'He seemed fine, he just said, "OK", and turned around and went to his room. He didn't argue it, he didn't huff and puff or show any attitude.'

Laura explained that she discovered Jarrett had broken the $100 car part when he turned in his phone, as all their children are required to do before bed so they don't get distracted instead of sleeping.

Phones were also subject to random checks, and Laura founds texts between Jarrett and his friends discovering how to fix the car before his parents found out.

When Laura got out of the shower about 15 minutes later, Jarrett was gone - but it wasn't until about 6:45 am when she realized he wasn't at the house.

While his mother was in the shower, Jarrett had grabbed the gun, changed into his pants and boots, and slipped out of the house undetected.

Jarrett's parents still had his phone, and his wallet - containing his license and cash - was found in the pocket of a pair of gym shorts in his car.

Was his car a different one from the one he messed up?
I ask that because if it was, why didn’t he just leave in his car instead of walking?

Jarrett's parents still had his phone, and his wallet - containing his license and cash - was found in the pocket of a pair of gym shorts in his car.

Was his car a different one from the one he messed up?
I ask that because if it was, why didn’t he just leave in his car instead of walking?

That's not clear and may be an error on the part of the reporter. But if I had to guess, the vehicle keys were likely taken by the parents and he had no access. Not a stretch to say, look what they do with the kids cell phones every night ...

Jarrett is believed to have been spotted by local rancher Joe Zabadal striding through his pasture about a mile from the house just after 7 am.

'I saw what I saw... He wasn't abducted, he walked away under his own power.

'I see somebody wandering across my pasture and I think "what the hell?" so I got in my side-by-side and I went back to my corral and I looked through my binoculars,' he said Zabadal told him.

He drove around and came back north along Lacy Lane while Tom went south, 'and when they met in the middle, there was no sign of Jarrett', Brooks said.

'Joe said it was probably 10 or 12 minutes from the time he left his corral that he got back around there - so in that time Jarrett was gone.

88826173-13765917-image-a-11_1724349126187.jpg
Zabadal saw Jarrett climb under the fence in this photo and pace back and forth along the road at this concrete water crossing

It’s good to finally get a first hand account of what he saw that day. So according to his account, Jarrett was almost certainly picked up by someone.
Or - and I can’t help but think this because of the recent Caleb Harris case and one that happened in my own area - could he have fallen in an old mine shaft or well?

This teen seemed to live under strict discipline at home.
Like phone taken in the evening and checked by parents.

I guess there was no excitement in the neighborhood also.
Only pastures and farms.

IMO
he just decided to escape and get lost in a big city.

I hope he is OK.
He should somehow let his parents know how he is.
They are suffering.

But what about his education?
He was only 16 when he vanished.

JMO

Jarrett is believed to have been spotted by local rancher Joe Zabadal striding through his pasture about a mile from the house just after 7 am.

'I saw what I saw... He wasn't abducted, he walked away under his own power.

'I see somebody wandering across my pasture and I think "what the hell?" so I got in my side-by-side and I went back to my corral and I looked through my binoculars,' he said Zabadal told him.

He drove around and came back north along Lacy Lane while Tom went south, 'and when they met in the middle, there was no sign of Jarrett', Brooks said.

'Joe said it was probably 10 or 12 minutes from the time he left his corral that he got back around there - so in that time Jarrett was gone.

88826173-13765917-image-a-11_1724349126187.jpg
Zabadal saw Jarrett climb under the fence in this photo and pace back and forth along the road at this concrete water crossing

These quotes below confirmed my suspicions. IMO he had a burner phone. I hope it's still possible to get cell tower ping info a YEAR after he disappeared.
And we should still search for "runaway" teens because they are minors in danger!

"But he admitted the teen may have had a burner phone they didn't know about - like some of the other youths in town

"He said he was frustrated the police, after 13 months, were yet to comb through phone and WiFi traffic to identify an unknown device that Jarrett could have used, and Geofence phones active near where he disappeared that morning"

"The Navajo County Sheriff's Office was notified at 12:28 pm, and Jarrett was initially treated as a teenage runaway."

"They also became increasingly frustrated with the slow pace of the investigation and Jarrett continuing to be treated as a runaway, not a juvenile in danger - which has only recently changed."

Emphasis mine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69
Back