Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People are getting mad because the Sheriff is turning away volunteers and additional searchers.

Don't blame 'em. See comments.

Law enforcement ego's at work. 48 hours in without finding this kid, I think LE should be excused and let the citizens take over the search, they couldn't do any worse.

https://www.facebook.com/CoconinoSheriff

That's why I'm glad my boys are involved in Scouting. Before they went on their first overnighter as Beavers, the whole group watched a film/ had a discussion on how to be safe in the woods (tell a grownup where you are going, stick to the path, wear bright colors, take a whistle, etc.) and what to do if they get lost ("hug a tree" - i.e. stay in one place, blow your whistle, make a temporary shelter/cover if stuck overnight, do not try to find your way back alone). These kids were ages 5 and up.

As much as I respect scouting (three grandsons were scouts and one was an Eagle Scout), too many young scouts have also gone missing while on a camp out. My very best friend's son went missing in the mountains in Iran (military) at age 15. It was in February and his father found him in late April when the snow began to melt. So very sad. The scout leader allowed him to go ahead of his troup down the mountain because he was cold. I just read the story of another scout gone missing similarly in the US. IMO, NO leader should EVER allow a child to go off on his own in the wilderness. I was going to enroll my 7-yr old grandson in scouting but changed my mind.

As much as I respect scouting (three grandsons were scouts and one was an Eagle Scout), too many young scouts have also gone missing while on a camp out. My very best friend's son went missing in the mountains in Iran (military) at age 15. It was in February and his father found him in late April when the snow began to melt. So very sad. The scout leader allowed him to go ahead of his troup down the mountain because he was cold. I just read the story of another scout gone missing similarly in the US. IMO, NO leader should EVER allow a child to go off on his own in the wilderness. I was going to enroll my 7-yr old grandson in scouting but changed my mind.

Its not like the scout leaders are special ops military men.. I've seen scout leaders who couldn't find their way out of a ditch if the directions were written on their shoe. Just sayin.

After 5 days of being missing in the tough Australian bush without food or water, Luke Shambrook was spotted, still walking, a couple of miles away from his campsite.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-five-days-missing-in-victorian-national-park

He is 11 though and has autism, with a high pain threshold. But wasn't there a little Seattle? girl, much younger, who was also found after days, still on the move? Both had walked through the night.

I hope searchers go as far as they think little Jerold could have gone - and then a little bit further.

I guess the rain could be a lifesaver in this case. It's water, even if he can only lick it from leaves or puddles.

It really is kind of shocking to hear about these young children becoming lost so quickly in the first place. My Dad was a forester, and so my sisters and I grew up in very small towns surrounded by very large wilderness areas. My family camped in wilderness areas from the time we were little, and my parents never lost track of any of the 3 of us.

Not only that, but my Mom was one of two women who ran a Campfire Girls group -- as a group, we'd go out camping in wilderness areas, and despite the fact there were only two adults (Mom and the woman who was the Leader), not one girl was ever lost or even temporarily displaced. We're talking roughly 20 kids, ranging in age from about 7 up to about 11, and also including my baby sister who was 2 and had to be brought along with Mom.

Maybe we were just lucky. Or maybe we were being looked after by very responsible adults.

When I google Jerald's full name and missing, I get a link that mentions "They have reports of a child yelling..." and it links here to WS, but I can't find the post. Can someone please let me know which post # it is?

(Google his name and 'child yelling' to find the Google reference easier)

Officials seem to be pulling out all the stops. They just need some luck now.

Individuals assisting with this search operation include Coconino County Sheriff’s Deputies, 2 Coconino County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue ground search teams, Arizona Highway Patrol Officers, Arizona Game and Fish Law Enforcement Officers, US Forest Service Fire Crews, 2 search helicopters equipped with night vision equipment from the Nellis US Air Force Base, the Bureau of Land Management and 2 search dogs and their handlers who are also members of the Coconino County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Unit. During the night time hours the area where Jerold was believed to be missing from was searched by responders on foot and in vehicles driving on dirt roads.*

http://www.prescottenews.com/news/c...g-for-missing-5-year-old-boy-near-jacobs-lake

When I google Jerald's full name and missing, I get a link that mentions "They have reports of a child yelling..." and it links here to WS, but I can't find the post. Can someone please let me know which post # it is?

It's Jerold, isn't it? Or did I get it wrong?

It's mentioned here, in this post by White Rabbit: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Jacob-Lake-6-Aug-2015&p=11988677#post11988677

And in the Parking Lot...

Here is the article that mentions it: http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...inue-search--missing-5-year-old-boy/31324447/

It's Jerold, isn't it? Or did I get it wrong?
I do not know. I used the spelling in the title of this thread, Jerald, to search. I see on the sheriff's FB page, they are spelling it Jerold.

Speaking of the FB page, https://www.facebook.com/CoconinoSheriff, in comments someone mentioned him potentially falling prey to animal predators out there. OMG! Made my gut wrench. Please, hurry, find this little guy!!!

I'm not seeing our scanner thread come up on google under 'Jerold Williams yelling'. Just this thread.
Same here. That's why I was asking about it. Weird search results.

Since this is in msm now, it's OK to discuss. This baffles me and makes me crazy that they could have been so close to him and still haven't found him. What the heck?! This was 24 hours ago!!!

"Some citizens were in the area and thought they heard what they thought was somebody, maybe a child, yelling so we do have teams out there trying to investigate that right now," Sgt. Dick said.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I do not know. I used the spelling in the title of this thread, Jerald, to search. I see on the sheriff's FB page, they are spelling it Jerold.

Speaking of the FB page, https://www.facebook.com/CoconinoSheriff, in comments someone mentioned him potentially falling prey to animal predators out there. OMG! Made my gut wrench. Please, hurry, find this little guy!!!

But I made the title of this thread, and it says Jerold?

I'm not going crazy am I? Because if I got it wrong, I'll ask a mod to change it, but I am just seeing Jerold, not Jerald?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back