Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAROLD WILLIAMS, Age Now: 5, Missing: 08/06/2015. Missing From JACOB LAKE, AZ. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Coconino County Sheriff's Office (Arizona) 1-800-338-7888.

More...

Hopefully the sheriff's department clarified how his name is spelled with the mother. It probably doesn't make a significant difference in the big scheme of things, but still.

This is so frustrating! All the msm sites are just repeating the original information. I understand that the campsite is in a remote area but I wish some reporter would talk to the sheriff or even drive out to the staging area and see how the search is progressing.

And I wish we had more info on the circumstances and a statement from the family. All this talk about the FLDS is spinning in my head and making me think things that are probably not true.

I'm not asking for much, right? ;)

This is so frustrating! All the msm sites are just repeating the original information. I understand that the campsite is in a remote area but I wish some reporter would talk to the sheriff or even drive out to the staging area and see how the search is progressing.

And I wish we had more info on the circumstances and a statement from the family. All this talk about the FLDS is spinning in my head and making me think things that are probably not true.

I'm not asking for much, right? ;)

It is frustrating that there aren't many updates. Channel 12 news had somebody at the scene yesterday. It might be a good place to watch to see if they do any updates. http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...inue-search--missing-5-year-old-boy/31324447/

From what members of his Search and Rescue Team who assisted in the search Friday said, it sounds like pretty heavy forest, Alldredge said, maybe a lot of downed trees in the area that made it kind of hard to work their way through.
There has been an outpouring of offers from people throughout Arizona and nearby communities offering to assist. We want to express our gratitude for the offers, but at this time we are not in need of additional searchers. If we need additional resources, we will certainly reach out.
Alldredge said he saw two of the Air Force’s Black Hawk helicopters fuel up in his county Saturday and expects they are continuing to offer air support. The aircraft are equipped with FLIR thermal imaging equipment that use a kind of heat sensor to detect a person. That imaging was inhibited the first night, Alldredge said, because the trees in the forest retained too much of the daytime heat.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-old-jerold-williams-jacob-lake/#.VcZb9PlViko

At this point in time, I just do not understand why they don't let everyone in to search. If the dogs didn't find him the first night, LE hasn't found him by this point, I just don't see the harm in bringing in hundreds of volunteers to help. There's no harm in more eyes at this point, IMO.

At this point in time, I just do not understand why they don't let everyone in to search. If the dogs didn't find him the first night, LE hasn't found him by this point, I just don't see the harm in bringing in hundreds of volunteers to help. There's no harm in more eyes at this point, IMO.

My thinking is they have their reasons.

It's getting interesting in Scanner Chatter (Parking Lot)...

---the circumstances leading up to his disappearance?

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...5-year-old-boy-near-jacobs-lake/#.VcZ7kofbKos

MISSING: Multi-Agency Task Force searches for 5-year-old boy near Jacob Lake
Anyone with information regarding the possible location of Jerold Williams or the circumstances leading up to his disappearance is urged to call the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office at 928-774-4523.

UPDATE: Those interested in assisting with the search should call 928-226-5012. If calling after hours, leave a message with your name, phone number and any resources or services you wish to contribute to the search.

Ed. note: The area named as “Jacobs Lake” in the release should be Jacob Lake, a recreation area 44 miles north of Grand Canyon National Park’s North Rim. Correction made to headline and story.

From what members of his Search and Rescue Team who assisted in the search Friday said, it sounds like pretty heavy forest, Alldredge said, maybe a lot of downed trees in the area that made it kind of hard to work their way through.
There has been an outpouring of offers from people throughout Arizona and nearby communities offering to assist. We want to express our gratitude for the offers, but at this time we are not in need of additional searchers. If we need additional resources, we will certainly reach out.
Alldredge said he saw two of the Air Force’s Black Hawk helicopters fuel up in his county Saturday and expects they are continuing to offer air support. The aircraft are equipped with FLIR thermal imaging equipment that use a kind of heat sensor to detect a person. That imaging was inhibited the first night, Alldredge said, because the trees in the forest retained too much of the daytime heat.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-old-jerold-williams-jacob-lake/#.VcZb9PlViko

For a group that may not be comfortable asking outsiders for help, I hope they are reassured that the "outside" world can actually be rather nice. :)

It's been 51 hours. If Jerold's a hardy 5 year old there still could be a good outcome.

That kid must be on the move. He may be heading to a higher elevation so he can see better. He may also be able to see lights in the distance at nighttime, and he is walking towards them during the daylight hours.

I don't see any way he could be within a 5 mile radius of the initial campground without being discovered by now. I'm sure he has both seen and heard the searchers overhead looking for him, but he has no idea how to signal them or get their attention. He's only 5, he doesn't have the reasoning ability or training of an older kid.

He may be 15-20 miles away from the campground by now. It's been 48 hours. It's also possible he might actually be hiding from the searchers......"stranger danger" and all of that, along with the fear he is going to get in big trouble over this.

I don't think the searchers are going to find him. I think it is more likely that someone will see a kid walking down the highway or a dirt road and pick him up, many many miles from the campsite.

That kid must be on the move. He may be heading to a higher elevation so he can see better. He may also be able to see lights in the distance at nighttime, and he is walking towards them during the daylight hours.

I don't see any way he could be within a 5 mile radius of the initial campground without being discovered by now. I'm sure he has both seen and heard the searchers overhead looking for him, but he has no idea how to signal them or get their attention. He's only 5, he doesn't have the reasoning ability or training of an older kid.

He may be 15-20 miles away from the campground by now. It's been 48 hours. It's also possible he might actually be hiding from the searchers......"stranger danger" and all of that, along with the fear he is going to get in big trouble over this.

The reason he might be hiding could be even deeper than "stranger danger". Many of the FLDS children are taught at a young age that the police and other officials are bad. He could think the searchers are there to "raid" the group and take them all away.

The reason he might be hiding could be even deeper than "stranger danger". Many of the FLDS children are taught at a young age that the police and other officials are bad. He could think the searchers are there to "raid" the group and take them all away.

Is there confirmation that they are FLDS or is that just speculation?

Umm, you do know he is five, right? At his age most kids have issues tying their own shoelaces. I don't think half of the adults would be resourceful enough to think about going to a higher elevation to spot the lights of civilization so they could travel towards it in daytime.

On the other hand, there are been SO MANY missing persons who were thoroughly searched for for weeks before being found within a mile of where they went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back