Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:wagon: dtsnyder!

And thank you for your insightful posts!

:seeya:

Another thought, and forgive me if this has been mentioned, but if he is an FLDS member, this would probably preclude diagnoses such as autism that might cause a child to elope. Just speculation, JMO.

Another thought, and forgive me if this has been mentioned, but if he is an FLDS member, this would probably preclude diagnoses such as autism that might cause a child to elope. Just speculation, JMO.

How do you relate FLDS and Autism?

How do you relate FLDS and Autism?

I don't think Azure was connecting the two. I thought she was speculating that IF the child was perhaps on the autism spectrum, the fact that he was in FLDS, might lessen the chances that he had been diagnosed. So he may or may not be autistic but we might not know if so.

I took that to mean because the flds might be hesitant to seek outside medical input a child could have autism (or other diagnoses) which haven't been identified so would also be undiagnosed.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

I would like to expand on my earlier thoughts now that I am at a computer. I hope that I am not violating any rules by my post, as it is my own opinion and pure speculation/hypothetical.

From what I personally know about the FLDS, it is very hard to be a male within the community. Obviously less men are needed and wanted since they practice plural marriage. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for young men to be pushed out of the community (for various reasons) as they grow up.

So imagine being a mother of a son - one with a potentially unknown future. Imagine the (potential) desperation you would feel knowing that that is their future. Not every member of the FLDS believe the doctrine to the same degree. The majority don't know any different way of life - they were born and raised within the community. They don't leave CC often, and when they do they don't socialize with the outside community members. However, some have successfully permanently left/escaped the FLDS and want nothing more than to help other family members within the community escape. But that is very difficult.

There are literally people within CC that police the grounds. They have strict curfew and it is not easy to come and go. Another poster speculated that several people could be the father of or related to Jerold. Some of those people are in trouble with the law and one was even deceased. Those two situations could be difficult to the mother. She could be forced to "marry" another man. What if that was the situation and she was feeling desperate for her children (not sure if she has other children or not).

And she saw this camping trip as the perfect scenario to get Jerold to safety. Like I said earlier, I imagine that while camping they are able to let their guard down a bit and have some more freedom. She may have anticipated this and arranged a family member (outside of the community) to come get Jerold. Since his "leaving" would not be approved, she had to set the stage that he disappeared. Once someone had safely taken him, they would have had a chance to get away before she reported Jerold missing to the group. And then they searched personally for 4 hours (which seems like plenty of time to find a boy who had just disappeared) And likely, she has no idea what type of search effort would take place (from outside CC) to find Jerold. Afterall, she has most likely been sheltered from the "outside world" her entire life. So she doesn't understand (or didn't at the time) that the "outside world" would literally call in the troops to look for her son. And now what happens? Is he found safely with another family member and returned to CC?

Again, I hope (in a way) that this is what happened. But it could mean big trouble for her (both outside and within CC) if this is the case - and that isn't ideal either.

I hope that little Jerold is alive and well - wherever he is.

This is what I often suspect happened to Lori Erica Ruff the mysterious woman from Longview, Texas. Although she was much older at the time, obviously.

And I think Azure brings up a good point. Because it seems a bit odd to me the way this incident is described. One moment he is chasing grasshoppers and then he is long gone. And it seems odd to me that a 5 yr old would not have heard 20 people calling out for him in the 4 hours they were searching unless he was full on running away from them. I could be wrong but it just seems odd. They were not up on a big hike in the wilderness and he made a wrong turn on the trail. they were just 150 yards from the campsite and suddenly he was gone totally.

I took that to mean because the flds might be hesitant to seek outside medical input a child could have autism (or other diagnoses) which haven't been identified so would also be undiagnosed.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Indeed. On the spectrum of possible scenarios, I'd put this theory above "staged abduction to save child from FLDS", but only just. Then at the top of the list are the more likely theories: he really wandered off and succumbed to the elements and has yet to be found, or he was never at the campground in the first place. I only go to the latter theory because it has sadly proven true in so many cases of missing children.

I've obviously missed something, but would someone please tell me what CC stands for? It's been referred to many times but I can't find the meaning. Thanks.

I've obviously missed something, but would someone please tell me what CC stands for? It's been referred to many times but I can't find the meaning. Thanks.
Colorado City, where the family is from.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

From what I have been reading, it looks like long handled underwear (i.e. long johns or long underwear) are part of the FLDS attire.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

He must've been hot. I think it was in the upper 80s that day.

They still haven't found this little boy? This seems unbelievable, I guess I'm too much of an idealist or something. :(

He must've been hot. I think it was in the upper 80s that day.

I am wondering if the mom had him wear layers of clothing so that he would not have to carry a suitcase/duffel bag full of clothes IF she were trying to send him to a safe haven...

ALL... JMO...Pure Speculation....

I would like to expand on my earlier thoughts now that I am at a computer. I hope that I am not violating any rules by my post, as it is my own opinion and pure speculation/hypothetical.

I hope that little Jerold is alive and well - wherever he is.

Or maybe Jerold is really really lost in the forest. The FLDS shun any contact with outsiders. The fact that they called for help says a lot.

Hope he's found soon.

I would be willing to bet that the call they made to 911 wasn't their first call. They more than likey called their church leaders back home for instructions. I am glad they are continuing to look for him at the site, but "abduction" from the outside world set up by ?? should be looked into. Also, the term mother as used by the FLDS may not mean that this is his bio mom.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/08/ccj-jerold-williams-missing/#.Vcbo7YfbKot

--snip--

--pics @ link.

The search for a 5-year-old boy continues Saturday night in Arizona’s Kaibab National Forest near Jacob Lake, Arizona. The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office has identified the missing boy as a Colorado City, Arizona, resident.

“The missing child is from Colorado City and there has been huge support from the community in Colorado City in assisting with this search,” a press release issued Saturday by the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said. “In addition to assisting on search teams, members of the community have been preparing meals for the responders.”

Anyone with information regarding the possible location of Jerold Williams or the circumstances leading up to his disappearance is urged to call the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office at 928-774-4523.
--asking for info regarding the circumstances leading up to his disappearance , lead me to believe that it may not have been due to "chasing grasshoppers".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back