Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jarold's picture looks like it is a picture of a picture. Either a picture of a hard copy matte photo or a picture of a phone/camera screen. It's textured in appearance.

Is this a current picture, from this trip?

Again, I am very bothered that his mother's name is not listed. Not in msm and not on the actual Coconino County poster.

http://www.coconino.az.gov/index.aspx?NID=349

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/08/ccj-jerold-williams-missing/#.Vcbo7YfbKot

--snip--

--pics @ link.

--asking for info regarding the circumstances leading up to his disappearance , lead me to believe that it may not have been due to "chasing grasshoppers".
"Searchers battled heavy rains and winds in excess of 40 mph throughout the night Thursday and throughout the day Friday, according to the press release, which created extremely muddy conditions and left only small windows for aircraft assistance."

Pretty bad weather for a camping trip. Wonder if the weather was unexpected.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/08/ccj-jerold-williams-missing/#.VcbviIfbKou

--in addition to the (15-20?) people at the campsite searching for the 1st 4 hours...

--the Colorado City community has also joined in the efforts:

“The missing child is from Colorado City and there has been huge support from the community in Colorado City in assisting with this search,” a press release issued Saturday by the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said. “In addition to assisting on search teams, members of the community have been preparing meals for the responders.”

--and then , the following:

Responders from all over Arizona and neighboring Utah have joined the search for the boy, including personnel from the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue, Kane County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue, Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue, Mohave County Search and Rescue, U.S. Forest Service law enforcement and fire crews, National Park Service law enforcement, Arizona Game and Fish law enforcement, Coconino County CERT teams, Page Rural CERT teams, Nellis Air Force Base, National Guard Black Hawk and Special Forces, Arizona Department of Public Safety troopers and Air Rescue, Bureau of Land Management personnel and dog teams, and Civil Air Patrol.

--more to arrive tomorrow:

As of Saturday afternoon, the aid of the Washington County Search and Rescue team had also been requested, and the team planned to join the search on Sunday, Darrell Cashin, Washington County Sheriff’s deputy and search and rescue liaison, said.

Or maybe Jerold is really really lost in the forest. The FLDS shun any contact with outsiders. The fact that they called for help says a lot.

Hope he's found soon.

If FLDS, would they even have/use cell phones? Maybe that's one reason it took 4 hours to call, someone had to locate a phone.

Is it just me that it seems bizarre that so many children come up missing on camping trips? We took our little one out with us on several overnight backpacking trips into the mountains. Not just in campgrounds, but into the wilderness. And he never left our sight. He also wore a whistle, just in case. I just don't get it.

If FLDS, would they even have/use cell phones? Maybe that's one reason it took 4 hours to call, someone had to locate a phone.

--also, if they do have a cell phone, there's no service in the immediate area....perhaps they went elsewhere and used a public phone.?

http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...-missing--coconino-county-camp-site/31282003/
The campsite is in a remote location near a few small ponds at an elevation of about 7,000 feet. Gerry Blair of the Coconino County Sheriff's Department said that there is no cellphone reception in the area so crews are establishing a satellite phone system to help them communicate with each other and with Flagstaff personnel.

Coconino County sheriff's deputies spoke with the missing child's mother who said she and her son were with 15 to 20 other friends and family members camping in the area. At around 1:30 in the afternoon, the pair were 100 to 200 yards away from the camp site and the boy was chasing grasshoppers when his mother lost sight of him, she said. She and other members of the camping group searched for Jerold for four hours before they decided to call authorities, according to CCSO.

This indicates that a significant number of the searchers, as well as many of those providing meals, are all also from Colorado City.

That is very telling, IMO.

If they're not FLDS themselves, they're obviously not shunned by the FLDS based on the response being heavily from CC.

“The missing child is from Colorado City and there has been huge support from the community in Colorado City in assisting with this search,” a press release issued Saturday by the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said. “In addition to assisting on search teams, members of the community have been preparing meals for the responders

There are a couple of photos at the site - pretty typical FLDS look, IMO (of the one obviously not in search clothes)

missing-child-4.jpg

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/08/ccj-jerold-williams-missing/#.VccEGrWtMZw

This makes it sound like BOTH mom and Jerold may have been the 100-200 yards from the campground area when he got lost, not that he was that far away from the group.

Also, description of the area from the County Director of Emergency Services, and from searchers who had been there Friday:

The Jacob Lake camping area where Jerold went missing is located near Highway 67 off of Forest Service Road 241.

The typical Kaibab National Forest area is high mountainous area, Kane County Director of Emergency Services Alan Alldredge said.

From what members of his Search and Rescue Team who assisted in the search Friday said, it sounds like pretty heavy forest, Alldredge said, maybe a lot of downed trees in the area that made it kind of hard to work their way through.

According to a Friday release from the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office, Jerold and his mother were approximately 100-200 yards from the unimproved campsite they were using. Jerold was chasing grasshoppers when she lost sight of him.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-old-jerold-williams-jacob-lake/#.VccE9bWtMZw

I am not sure why there is a train of thought that FLDS don't use cell phones etc. I know several FLDS families and they use cell phones, drive trucks, and run online businesses that support the community.

As a lifestyle choice, definately NOT my cup of tea. However this particular faith is no more or less likely to lose their children and we may become seriously distracted if we allow our thoughts (and justified concerns about other areas of their teachings) to distract us here.

I am not sure why there is a train of thought that FLDS don't use cell phones etc. I know several FLDS families and they use cell phones, drive trucks, and run online businesses that support the community.

As a lifestyle choice, definately NOT my cup of tea. However this particular faith is no more or less likely to lose their children and we may become seriously distracted if we allow our thoughts (and justified concerns about other areas of their teachings) to distract us here.

Because people are getting the FLDS confused with the Amish community, which don't believe in modern technology.
The FLDS (Mormons) don't have an issue with cell phones and modern gadgets.

I hope the searchers have the presence of mind to light up the North Rim lookout tower with searchlights pointing in every direction. Little Jerold might be able to see it both during the day and the night. If he can see spotlights shining in the distance, he may head towards them.

The lookout towers are usually positioned at the highest point at the top of the mountain and then extend up another 100' or so above the surrounding terrain. The location of the towers normally provides them with the best possible view of the area. If they can't find him by searching, maybe they can guide him in with bright lights.

Hooking up some sort of a PA system and talking him in wouldn't be a bad idea either. They have plenty of generators available, they could rig something up.

See map I made up below for clarification.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kcsOUmM2GJ3A&usp=sharing

Has it been clarified what color his shirt is? Tan or Gray? This bothers me, with so many people with him before he went missing how do we not have an exact color.

It is also stated in one of the MSM's that he may or may not have scratches on his face, this I find puzzling because when they last saw him he either did or didn't, scratches and abbraissions don't heal that quickly.

I hope that searchers are up and at it already today, this little guy needs to be found, today

This indicates that a significant number of the searchers, as well as many of those providing meals, are all also from Colorado City.

That is very telling, IMO.

If they're not FLDS themselves, they're obviously not shunned by the FLDS based on the response being heavily from CC.

There are a couple of photos at the site - pretty typical FLDS look, IMO (of the one obviously not in search clothes)

missing-child-4.jpg

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/08/ccj-jerold-williams-missing/#.VccEGrWtMZw
By looking at this picture, it is obvious to me that little 5 year old Jerold could very easily get lost in the forest, and unskilled searchers might not find him easily, especially if he was hiding. By now, however, he's likely gone far past it and is in greater peril.

About the initial timeline and lack of phone reception, the original report says the family stated they had made the decision to contact police after they had already searched for 4 hours. Did they then have a further delay when trying to get to a location that had reception? If so, how much longer was that call delayed? I looked around but haven't been able to find that information myself.

I hope the searchers have the presence of mind to light up the North Rim lookout tower with searchlights pointing in every direction. Little Jerold might be able to see it both during the day and the night. If he can see spotlights shining in the distance, he may head towards them.

The lookout towers are usually positioned at the highest point at the top of the mountain and then extend up another 100' or so above the surrounding terrain. The location of the towers normally provides them with the best possible view of the area. If they can't find him by searching, maybe they can guide him in with bright lights.

Hooking up some sort of a PA system and talking him in wouldn't be a bad idea either. They have plenty of generators available, they could rig something up.

Thank you for the map. :) This is a horrible situation for this little boy.

Attention To All Parents please buy this GPS watch for your children.
I don't want to hijack the thread in any way, but this only works in places with cellphone service, right? Is there anything out there that would work regardless of cellphone service? Feel free to PM me, thanks.

Thanks for the map Steelman!

--also, if they do have a cell phone, there's no service in the immediate area....perhaps they went elsewhere and used a public phone.?

http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...-missing--coconino-county-camp-site/31282003/
The campsite is in a remote location near a few small ponds at an elevation of about 7,000 feet. Gerry Blair of the Coconino County Sheriff's Department said that there is no cellphone reception in the area so crews are establishing a satellite phone system to help them communicate with each other and with Flagstaff personnel.

Coconino County sheriff's deputies spoke with the missing child's mother who said she and her son were with 15 to 20 other friends and family members camping in the area. At around 1:30 in the afternoon, the pair were 100 to 200 yards away from the camp site and the boy was chasing grasshoppers when his mother lost sight of him, she said. She and other members of the camping group searched for Jerold for four hours before they decided to call authorities, according to CCSO.

I can understand how in a large group...people can "lose sight" of a child. But if it was just 1 adult and 1 child off by themselves....how exactly does that happen? I've gone plenty of places with my son (though never camping) and I am literally right by his side if there's ever a risk of him running off or anything. I just can't wrap my head around a 1 on 1 scenario where a kid goes missing like that.

I can understand how in a large group...people can "lose sight" of a child. But if it was just 1 adult and 1 child off by themselves....how exactly does that happen? I've gone plenty of places with my son (though never camping) and I am literally right by his side if there's ever a risk of him running off or anything. I just can't wrap my head around a 1 on 1 scenario where a kid goes missing like that.
I think this is why there's a theory floating around that maybe she handed him off to get him out of the lifestyle.

Maybe the mom got turned around and got sidetracked herself, or was going to the bathroom or something. How old is she?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back