AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've also been wondering about that. The only thing I could possibly speculate (and I've seen nothing to suggest this is likely...quite the contrary) is that perhaps investigators may have reason to believe this was a murder-suicide (or suicide pact perhaps). I don't think that is the case but I'm not finding any reason that there hasn't been more reported regarding an investigation.

This couple seemed very much in love and if one of them had received a terminal diagnosis...perhaps they could've chosen to go out together. Otherwise nothing really makes sense (other than foul play).

When I first read about the Mcfalls disappearance I thought it could be a murder-suicide but their bodies were found 5 miles from their home and their vehicles were all accounted for back at their home. The Mcfalls had some health issues which would have prohibited them from walking that distance in the desert. Early on in the investigation of the Mcfalls disappearance their next-door neighbor was named as POI due to a property dispute but I noticed since the discovery of the bodies his name has not been mentioned again at least publicly by LE so unsure whats going on behind the scene.

When I first read about the Mcfalls disappearance I thought it could be a murder-suicide but their bodies were found 5 miles from their home and their vehicles were all accounted for back at their home. The Mcfalls had some health issues which would have prohibited them from walking that distance in the desert. Early on in the investigation of the Mcfalls disappearance their next-door neighbor was named as POI due to a property dispute but I noticed since the discovery of the bodies his name has not been mentioned again at least publicly by LE so unsure whats going on behind the scene.
Thank you for reminding me about the vehicles. I do remember the issues with the neighbor and I hope LE has at least some evidence that can help with the investigation (if in fact there is one).

I've also been wondering about that. The only thing I could possibly speculate (and I've seen nothing to suggest this is likely...quite the contrary) is that perhaps investigators may have reason to believe this was a murder-suicide (or suicide pact perhaps). I don't think that is the case but I'm not finding any reason that there hasn't been more reported regarding an investigation.

This couple seemed very much in love and if one of them had received a terminal diagnosis...perhaps they could've chosen to go out together. Otherwise nothing really makes sense (other than foul play).
The reason I say no to that, is
1.- as others mentioned, their vehicles were in the driveway.
2. neighbor is a suspect, and to my knowledge, that has not changed
3. the way that their home was left- animal behind (I think a dog?), door wide open for anyone to walk in, wasn't there lunch or some food left out on the counter?
4. they didn't take anything with them
5. no note to explain why they were doing this?
6.they were getting ready to go to their other residence elsewhere

If I messed up any details, please feel free to correct me, or if I missed anything, please feel free to add them.

With how things were left at their residence, it points to unexpected foul play, to me. They just sounded like a great couple :( They were transported to where their remains were found by someone..

Thinking of the McFalls and their family. Wish I could do something to give them a shot of encouragement. I've been so impressed and touched by their patience and public demeanor throughout this ordeal.

It's been one year to the date that two sets of remains were found in the Arizona desert. One was identified as that of Susan Mcfalls and the male remains presumed to be that of Jerry Mcfalls have yet to be identified pending lab results. The Mohave Co. Sheriffs Office claims that the homicide of the Mcfalls is still an active investigation. Prayers and Justice for the Mcfalls family.

How could they have identified Susan but still haven't publicly identified Jerry?

Susan's remains were identified by a surgical implant either in her hip or knee which could be traced by SN. Jerry had few medical/health issues which could be used to identify him. LE did request dental records but I don't think they were sufficient enough so DNA was the next option.

Susan's remains were identified by a surgical implant either in her hip or knee which could be traced by SN. Jerry had few medical/health issues which could be used to identify him. LE did request dental records but I don't think they were sufficient enough so DNA was the next option.
I've just become acquainted with this case, and it seems unbelievable to me that the second body has not been identified yet! It's been a year now, so how much longer could it be?! Even if it does take up to a year sometimes. And no word on the homicide investigation?

How could they have identified Susan but still haven't publicly identified Jerry?
It took almost a year and a half before they positively identified my cousin, who is male. From what we were told, it's harder to confirm males than it is females. My female cousin, his sister, gave her DNA to try to help identify him, which took a lot longer than the usual year it takes to identify males because it is better to have another male relative give DNA than a female, when it comes to identifying male remains. That is what she was told. We knew in our hearts it was him, but the wait was excruciating, and we all had "would if he's still alive out there" moments.

It does make me wonder, though. By now I would think they should have an idea if it is Jerry or not.

It would be a very strange twist in this case, if it wasn't Jerry.....

Still praying for the McFalls family. It's got to be so agonizing for them, wanting to properly lay their loved ones to rest and yet unable to do so. I'm glad they at least have the nice memorial where their remains were found a year ago.

My female cousin, his sister, gave her DNA to try to help identify him, which took a lot longer than the usual year it takes to identify males because it is better to have another male relative give DNA than a female, when it comes to identifying male remains.

Jerry's son is still alive so I am assuming he provided his DNA to be tested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back