AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry for the loss of your cousin, Steelslady. That's very interesting, and I wonder why it could take that much longer for a male ID?
Thank you, @Tripod. They told my cousin that it takes almost a year to identify most males that have been left out in the elements. Plus they need a DNA sample from another male in the family- if only a female DNA is available, that takes even longer than a male relatives DNA for a positive identification.

Thanks to everyone who have posted updates here.
So heartbroken for their family !
Was hoping there'd be an arrest or two by now !!
I know- it's awful, what their family has gone through. Thanksfully, Susan has been identified- at least now they do know that she, sadly, will not be found alive. I am sure things are leaning heavy for Jerry to also be deceased- torture for the family, because deep in their hearts, they know it's him, but until that confirmation comes, there's this little itty bitty string of hope.

It's time for this poor family to have closure, but it could still be months away, unfortunately. The wait is excruciating for sure.

Well, they have a person of interest, they found the bodies, at least Susan’s. They have a motive, they have opportunity.

I guess they are waiting for the other body to be identified before they bring charges of double homicide on the neighbor.

It’s just sad it ended this way for the McFalls. What a double tragedy for their family.

Thank you, @Tripod. They told my cousin that it takes almost a year to identify most males that have been left out in the elements. Plus they need a DNA sample from another male in the family- if only a female DNA is available, that takes even longer than a male relatives DNA for a positive identification.
It sounds very strange to me that it should take up to a year to identify a male skeleton, especially a relatively fresh one. Here (in Sweden) it took about two months to identify what was left of a male skeleton found in 2017, it was found in June and identified in August. There were a list of about 20 suspected possible matches, and one of them have been missing since 1999, unfortunately it wasn't him. If the identification could be done in two months here, why should it take so much longer in the U.S.?

months since break in McFalls case, human remains still to be identified

Snip
Meridee tells us she calls and emails the Mohave Sheriff’s Department weekly but gets the same answers over and over again that they are still actively investigating the case.

No one has been arrested to date and the McFalls are desperate to bring their loved ones home and lay them to rest.

The FBI here in Utah did confirm today that they are working with the Mohave Sheriff’s Department on the case but it’s unknown where further testing might be going on on the remains.

6 months since break in McFalls case, human remains still to be identified

The unidentified remains are most likely that of Jerry Mcfalls. Unless the DNA sample taken from the remains are of poor quality it shouldn't take this long. Jerry's son is still alive so a DNA sample could be taken from the son to see if it there is a close enough match with the male remains. I hope LE isn't waiting for identification of the second set of remains to file charges against a suspect.

7 June 2019

MOHAVE COUNTY, Ariz. —
More than half a year after two bodies were found a few miles south of St. George, the family of Jerry and Susan McFalls are still awaiting answers.

Jerry McFalls and Susan McFalls, shown in this undated photo, are the subject of an active homicide investigation | Photo courtesy of Mohave County Sheriff’s Office, St. George News
The McFalls, who were both 62 when they mysteriously went missing from their home early last year in Littlefield, Arizona, are the subject of a homicide investigation after one of the bodies was identified as Susan McFalls.

The other body, however, remains unidentified after being sent to the FBI crime lab for DNA analysis in October. The delay in identification has become a major source of frustration for the couple’s family as they seek closure and justice.

While the family “fully anticipates” the other body to be identified as Jerry McFalls, the couple’s daughter-in-law, Meridee McFalls, told St. George News the wait for confirmation has been “very frustrating.”

“They will not give us an answer as to how much longer we will be waiting,” she said Tuesday. “They were found 232 days ago and we do not think this is an acceptable amount of time to wait for answers in a double homicide or identification.”

Read more: 8 months after bodies found south of St. George, McFalls family still seeking answers

It sounds very strange to me that it should take up to a year to identify a male skeleton, especially a relatively fresh one. Here (in Sweden) it took about two months to identify what was left of a male skeleton found in 2017, it was found in June and identified in August. There were a list of about 20 suspected possible matches, and one of them have been missing since 1999, unfortunately it wasn't him. If the identification could be done in two months here, why should it take so much longer in the U.S.?
As you can see, the family is still waiting for identification of Jerry. I wasn't joking when I said it took over a year to identify my cousin.

7 June 2019

MOHAVE COUNTY, Ariz. —
More than half a year after two bodies were found a few miles south of St. George, the family of Jerry and Susan McFalls are still awaiting answers.

Jerry McFalls and Susan McFalls, shown in this undated photo, are the subject of an active homicide investigation | Photo courtesy of Mohave County Sheriff’s Office, St. George News
The McFalls, who were both 62 when they mysteriously went missing from their home early last year in Littlefield, Arizona, are the subject of a homicide investigation after one of the bodies was identified as Susan McFalls.

The other body, however, remains unidentified after being sent to the FBI crime lab for DNA analysis in October. The delay in identification has become a major source of frustration for the couple’s family as they seek closure and justice.

While the family “fully anticipates” the other body to be identified as Jerry McFalls, the couple’s daughter-in-law, Meridee McFalls, told St. George News the wait for confirmation has been “very frustrating.”

“They will not give us an answer as to how much longer we will be waiting,” she said Tuesday. “They were found 232 days ago and we do not think this is an acceptable amount of time to wait for answers in a double homicide or identification.”

Read more: 8 months after bodies found south of St. George, McFalls family still seeking answers

It is so hard to wait, my family knows that feeling. To this day, several believe my cousin met with foul play, but the autopsy determined he had cancer and they speculated that just before he passed away, he got delirious and wandered into the field and died there. I feel myself that this is what happened, but other family members just don't believe it.

My heart goes out to any family going through this. Memories of that loved one go through your mind daily- childhood, family gatherings, etc. It's even harder when you think someone may have harmed them or know someone did.

You do realize that our country is much bigger than Sweden and that we have over 50 states of missing people that need to be identified? We hear many times how backed up the labs are, and they truly are.

Remains found on mountainside near Ogden identified as man reported missing in 2018

The above article is referenced on the Mcfalls FB page. It refers to the use of Rapid DNA Analysis that was used in the state of Utah to identify the remains of a missing man. According to the Mcfalls daughter-in-law this technology is not used in the state of AZ which would be useful to identify Jerry Mcfalls as the identification process will continue to be a long process.

Remains found on mountainside near Ogden identified as man reported missing in 2018

The above article is referenced on the Mcfalls FB page. It refers to the use of Rapid DNA Analysis that was used in the state of Utah to identify the remains of a missing man. According to the Mcfalls daughter-in-law this technology is not used in the state of AZ which would be useful to identify Jerry Mcfalls as the identification process will continue to be a long process.
God bless the McFalls' family's patience and long-suffering! I'm glad they shared the above article and hope it can help them.

This is just awful for the family. While they can sincerely deduce that it is Jerry, the wait is still agonizing and cruel. I don't blame the labs or anyone working to identify his remains, they're doing the best that they can. Yet for the families waiting for such news, to be able to move on to the next stage of grief, it's an excruciating long wait. My thoughts and prayers are with the Mcfall's family and friends.

This is just awful for the family. While they can sincerely deduce that it is Jerry, the wait is still agonizing and cruel. I don't blame the labs or anyone working to identify his remains, they're doing the best that they can. Yet for the families waiting for such news, to be able to move on to the next stage of grief, it's an excruciating long wait. My thoughts and prayers are with the Mcfall's family and friends.
The elephant in the room is: how is the actual murder investigation going? I'm not even certain LE, or the coroner, has classified this case yet as a homicide, but there seems little to no doubt it was.
Still hoping there IS or are suspects and a case can be made!

The elephant in the room is: how is the actual murder investigation going? I'm not even certain LE, or the coroner, has classified this case yet as a homicide, but there seems little to no doubt it was.
Still hoping there IS or are suspects and a case can be made!

I've also been wondering about that. The only thing I could possibly speculate (and I've seen nothing to suggest this is likely...quite the contrary) is that perhaps investigators may have reason to believe this was a murder-suicide (or suicide pact perhaps). I don't think that is the case but I'm not finding any reason that there hasn't been more reported regarding an investigation.

This couple seemed very much in love and if one of them had received a terminal diagnosis...perhaps they could've chosen to go out together. Otherwise nothing really makes sense (other than foul play).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back