Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping someone took her to give her a safe life...and almost congratulate them, if so...JMO

I am hoping someone took her to give her a safe life...and almost congratulate them, if so...JMO

Breaks my heart to say this, but you're right. But for the emotional trauma to Jahessey's sister's I agree with you %100.

A map of my beautiful state.

You'll see that Glendale is northwest of Phoenix, on Phoenix's northwestern border/Glendale's eastern border.

Tucson is a 2+ hour drive southeast.

It was reported that LE received a tip that Jahessey was seen in Show Low. I thought Show Low was north of Phoenix/Glendale, but I was thinking about the wrong road trip. Show Low is northeast of Phoenix/Glendale.

If the eyewitness did see Jahessey being pulled/put into a car, if the car continued in the direction it was going (east) they would have been able to get on the freeway no more than 10 - 15 min max. Show Low is right on the freeway so if she was in Show Low it might have been to get gas, supplies etc. Its about a 3 hour drive from Phoenix/Glendale to Show Low.

What's in Show Low? Breath taking scenery IIRC, so if Jahessey did stop there she and her abductor/abductors could have stood out. The town isn't exactly a hub of activity.

Attachments

• map-of-arizona-cities.gif
    map-of-arizona-cities.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 11
Grandmother of missing Glendale girl speaks with ABC15

GLENDALE, AZ - The grandmother of a 5-year-old Glendale girl who has been missing since Tuesday is revealing new details about the family.

Police issued an AMBER Alert on Wednesday. That alert was canceled Friday and there has been no sign of the girl.

Shirley Johnson, Jhessye Shockley's grandmother, spoke with ABC15 Monday and said she feels like she is being kept in the dark about the investigation.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...er-of-missing-glendale-girl-speaks-with-abc15
Video at link-

Johnson said her daughter was in the process of reuniting with her older kids. She said that she helped pay for the kids’ needs and they chose to live here because they had other relatives around for support.

From the article that Nursebeeme posted upthread, 238:

Police looking for a 5-year-old Arizona girl who has been missing six days said Monday they now believe she was most likely kidnapped, because otherwise they would have found her.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...#ixzz1b4oGvATF

Scratching my head here. Since when does a dead end in the case mean that the child was kidnapped????

In at least two of the articles I've read have comments from people or one person that says something to the effect that LE shouldn't even bother looking at anyone but the mother.

OT: OMG OMG... Nancy's partner on DWTS just said that Nancy need to let him talk and listen to what he has to say.

Before the dance they showed a clip one of the judges saying that he thought Nancy looked like an older woman trying to look like a younger woman. I don't think I've ever heard something so horrible, his comment was totally unacceptable. Nancy bugs me at times, but I'm going to find the DWTS website to complain.

Video at link-

Johnson said her daughter was in the process of reuniting with her older kids. She said that she helped pay for the kids’ needs and they chose to live here because they had other relatives around for support.

Since the children were living with JH I wonder if saying they are "in the process" means that CPS was still monitoring the family, which could decrease the likelihood that JH has been abusing the girls since being released from prison.

I would think that CPS supervision couldn't rule out JH as being responsible for Jahessey's disappearance, but could that be why LE had ruled her out?

If JH has been a responsible parent since her release I hope that she will one day be able to understand that authorities just want to do everything possible to make sure the children are safe.

If JH is on bed rest does that mean she is having complications with her pregnancy that would have made it difficult or impossible for her to pick up or pull a child into the car? I've never been pregnant.

The Grandmother said reuniting with the older kids.

So that would mean two older kids (13 & 9) were not living with her at the time? Just Jahessye and the 7 year old sibling? Or maybe just J?

That kind of puts a different spin on it maybe. If the two older kids had not spent much time around Jahessye, would they know how to look out for her in Mom's absence? By that I mean, little things like did she like to hide and then come out after everyone was looking for her. Did she have a friend that she liked to visit and if Mom said no, would she sneak out to play? Early on the Mom was quoted as saying Jahessye was able to open doors most kids her age weren't able to, or something to that effect. It was an odd thing to say and caught my attention at the time.

I dunno, this case has me frustrated. I hope LE is making progress behind the scenes and we're just not privy to details.

So that would mean two older kids (13 & 9) were not living with her at the time? Just Jahessye and the 7 year old sibling? Or maybe just J?

That kind of puts a different spin on it maybe. If the two older kids had not spent much time around Jahessye, would they know how to look out for her in Mom's absence? By that I mean, little things like did she like to hide and then come out after everyone was looking for her. Did she have a friend that she liked to visit and if Mom said no, would she sneak out to play? Early on the Mom was quoted as saying Jahessye was able to open doors most kids her age weren't able to, or something to that effect. It was an odd thing to say and caught my attention at the time.

I dunno, this case has me frustrated. I hope LE is making progress behind the scenes and we're just not privy to details.

BBM
If you read the police reports of the child abuse their is an older son (14 at the time of the abuse investigation and another one If I did my math correctly- that would be older than the 3 referenced to as "babysitting") I counted 7 all together including J and unborn. But I could be all wrong since it is very late. I will re-check in the a.m.

FYI ---to whoever cares, CPS always trys to place kids with relatives (immediately) so they dont have to seperate, find homes, etc. If a child is not with a relative it is because either
(1) CPS couldnt verify they are truely a relative [this may sound odd but I am a foster parent and we have kids who were in a locally high profile case and "relatives" came out of the woodwork....many many "cousins"-CPS has to verify they arent sending kids to stangers]
(2) Relatives have a "history" with the agency themselves.
(3) Relatives have a criminal and/or child abuse record.
(4) Parent wont give info on any relative willing to care for the kids
(5) Relatives refuse to take kids in.
My point is that CPS always tries to keep kids with family. Sometimes they will place kids in "emergency placements" overnight until suitable family can be found. This is usually when police remove a child, or parents are arrested,etc.

That said ... It makes me wonder why they didnt think G-ma was a suitable "resource".

My last thought was... why was CPS so tight lipped before about the kids being in care.( I will have to look back at the links) and now they are disclosing it. I will have to get my facts straight and then finish my thought later---I have a theory :waitasec:
*sorry if this is scattered its really late and I will fix this in the morning*

I wondered about the "older" too. And it does put a different spin on things, doesn't it? I do remember reading a comment in one of the articles that said that Jahessey had unlocked the door and left the apartment before.

Maybe the older children had cases open because they were the one's involved in JH's prior conviction. But if the case was still open then would they have been allowed to leave California?

And then why were the children removed from the home after Jahessey was kidnapped? Is CPS being extra careful because of the recent media attention?

We haven't seen a vehicle taken to be examined, so maybe they've ruled her out because she is not connected in anyway to car like that?

Weird, weird, weird... Its unusual for LE to state that a parent is totally cleared, right? That must be a good thing.

Hopefully we'll wake up tomorrow morning to news that Jahessey has been found safe. If not I hope that she knows that even if the media attention stops there are people out there who haven't given up on her.

BBM
If you read the police reports of the child abuse their is an older son (14 at the time of the abuse investigation and another one If I did my math correctly- that would be older than the 3 referenced to as "babysitting") I counted 7 all together including J and unborn. But I could be all wrong since it is very late. I will re-check in the a.m.

FYI ---to whoever cares, CPS always trys to place kids with relatives (immediately) so they dont have to seperate, find homes, etc. If a child is not with a relative it is because either
(1) CPS couldnt verify they are truely a relative [this may sound odd but I am a foster parent and we have kids who were in a locally high profile case and "relatives" came out of the woodwork....many many "cousins"-CPS has to verify they arent sending kids to stangers]
(2) Relatives have a "history" with the agency themselves.
(3) Relatives have a criminal and/or child abuse record.
(4) Parent wont give info on any relative willing to care for the kids
(5) Relatives refuse to take kids in.
My point is that CPS always tries to keep kids with family. Sometimes they will place kids in "emergency placements" overnight until suitable family can be found. This is usually when police remove a child, or parents are arrested,etc.

That said ... It makes me wonder why they didnt think G-ma was a suitable "resource".

My last thought was... why was CPS so tight lipped before about the kids being in care.( I will have to look back at the links) and now they are disclosing it. I will have to get my facts straight and then finish my thought later---I have a theory :waitasec:
*sorry if this is scattered its really late and I will fix this in the morning*

Because JH made accusations that grandma abused her growing up? IIRC the children were placed with grandma following the incident in CA. You are right though, the media hasn't said anything about any children currently living with grandma or the details about where they are now. To protect their anonymity perhaps?

Is it possible that since the cases opened in California and Grandma was cleared as a placement by California, in this situation the state of Arizona needs to clear Grandma as a safe placement?

In '00-'02 I worked in a group foster home in WA and the kids did not automatically go to a family members. There would be visits to monitor interactions and such though. I don't know if that was SOP, although I think it was. I do know that in one instance there was concern that the family member would allow unsupervised contact between the mother and the child. In another the girl's extended family couldn't take the child. In another case the goal was to place the girl with extended family, but a gradual increase in the contact. Phone calls were monitored too.

Abuse is often something that is passed from generation to generation, so to me it makes sense that they want to dot all their "I"'s and cross their "T"'s and check grandma out even if JH had not made accusations of abuse at grandma's hands.

Here's an article (10.14.11) addressing the CPS situation here in AZ:

Maricopa County's chief prosecutor says Arizona should focus more aggressively on child safety and criminal prosecution and move away from a child-welfare system that seems to prioritize keeping families together.

County Attorney Bill Montgomery said there needs to be a separate criminal response, not just a social-welfare response, to separate child abusers from their children.

"This is not a realm where family reunification is either the highest goal or something that should be sought at all costs," Montgomery said.

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and...dfb-5133-8ca0-9bef5982b801.html#ixzz1b6xLGoqi

Sadly it took some high profile cases for the politicians to take the necessary steps to fix a very broken and underfunded social services system. To be fair though we are in the midst of an economic crisis. That being said though, IMO there is no excuse for the state of the system. I don't know who to blame, I just know it needs to be fixed.

I did miss the brother, at some point I had it in my mind that there was a boy, obviously it slipped away.
:)

I doubt they have much more but I sure would love to hear something positive.

Brett Combs - Sgt
Commander Rick St John Glendale PD
primary oversight into the case
See the case thru.
1st few days a big presence in the investigation, state local, federal
Doing a complete canvass of area in the hopes that someone might have seen something to solve mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member