Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't wanted to say this because I hope this case has a much much better outcome. But this case reminds me so much of Shaniya's in some ways -- the adorable pictures while in someone else's care, then goes missing after returned to the mom...

How I wish both of these girls would have just stayed put. :cry:

Belimom, I had exactly the same thought. I am so sick of this...

911 call revisted
http://ktar.com/resources/audio_headlines/segment_player.php?a=14304

in this she says she was gone 20-25-30 minutes

radio interviews says 30-40-50 minutes

Now it seems odd to me that she called Grandma at the same time she is on the phone with 911. and you can hear Grandma's reaction

In the very beginning of the 911 call (I haven't listened to it in a few days), did she say that it couldn't have been more than hour? Then later in the 911 call she said 25-30 minutes? That stood out to me then. Or am I imagining it? I'm sitting here with a sick child so I don't really want to scare my DD by playing the 911 call - can someone else check? TIA! :seeya:

The first time I heard it, it didn't register to me.
If the neighbors were there when she left and were still there when she came home....how did J walk right by them?

Well she didn't take J in the cab with her, so ... if no one saw her come out the front door? Is there a possibility Jahessye went missing much earlier? I wish we knew what the siblings told LE.

Mom said a lot in that interview, but there are things she is not saying that would naturally be part of the sequence of events. Does she say if the older kids were still in the backyard when she arrived back home?

Do we have a pic of the rear yard? Is it fenced?

Did anyone else catch Channel 10's noon news? Please don't quote me on this because I wasn't fully focused on the tv, but I thought I heard them say that the police have only received about a dozen tips called on this case and they have already followed up on these calls.

Did anyone else hear this?

In the very beginning of the 911 call (I haven't listened to it in a few days), did she say that it couldn't have been more than hour? Then later in the 911 call she said 25-30 minutes? That stood out to me then. Or am I imagining it? I'm sitting here with a sick child so I don't really want to scare my DD by playing the 911 call - can someone else check? TIA! :seeya:

yep. you're right. and I swear she says she went to the PLX? whatever that is? There is so much background commotion in the 911 tape it is hard to follow

Did anyone else catch Channel 10's noon news? Please don't quote me on this because I wasn't fully focused on the tv, but I thought I heard them say that the police have only received about a dozen tips called on this case and they have already followed up on these calls.

Did anyone else hear this?

I haven't heard that, but in all the reports we've seen LE is saying they have basically nothing to go on.

Well she didn't take J in the cab with her, so ... if no one saw her come out the front door? Is there a possibility Jahessye went missing much earlier? I wish we knew what the siblings told LE.

Mom said a lot in that interview, but there are things she is not saying that would naturally be part of the sequence of events. Does she say if the older kids were still in the backyard when she arrived back home?

Do we have a pic of the rear yard? Is it fenced?

October 11 would've been a school day for the older ones. With an April birthday and being 5, it's likely that Jahessye wasn't in school yet? Actually, I think I do remember a school being mentioned, now that I think about it.

But I wonder if she was in school that day? Or if it's preschool, did she get home earlier than the older ones, like after lunch?

I'd like to know what the older ones have said also.

ETA: I found the answer to my own question.

Police have also searched the area around Jahessye's school, although she did not attend school that day.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jahessye-shockley-police-search-missing-girl-arizona/story?id=14732958

I wonder why. Not looking good. :(

I haven't wanted to say this because I hope this case has a much much better outcome. But this case reminds me so much of Shaniya's in some ways -- the adorable pictures while in someone else's care, then goes missing after returned to the mom...

How I wish both of these girls would have just stayed put. :cry:

Me too. It's just sickening to even think about it. Shaniya's case still makes me cry.

I would love to become a foster parent because I have such a soft spot for children, and I love being a mother. I enjoy being around children so much. But I am afraid I will have my heart broken by being involved in a story like this. It's happened to people I know.
In many cases being reunited with a parent is NOT the right thing to do. I am sick of parents rights being more important than what's best for the children. The children should ALWAYS come first, and their safety and well being should be paramount to anything else.
Things have GOT to change so that there are no more cases like Jahessye.

What I really don't understand is why there is no public outrage over what is happening over and over to these vulnerable children.

October 11 would've been a school day for the older ones. With an April birthday and being 5, it's likely that Jahessye wasn't in school yet? Actually, I think I do remember a school being mentioned, now that I think about it.

But I wonder if she was in school that day? Or if it's preschool, did she get home earlier than the older ones, like after lunch?

I'd like to know what the older ones have said also.

ETA: I found the answer to my own question.

I wonder why. Not looking good. :(

Do we know if the older kids went to school on that day?

Woah....how did I miss that J did not go to school that day?

Do we know if the older kids went to school on that day?

I'd like to know, too. If they go to public school, then the ES (Carol Peck) gets out at 3:00pm, and the Middle School (Barcelona) gets out at 3:30.

http://alhambraesd.schoolfusion.us/...ac&sessionid=79172486f58737d38ae698d96f6d1eac

That would mean that the mom left right after they got home. I wonder if they ever went inside after school that day?

(Just speculating - we don't know what schools they went to, if they went that day, and if they went inside)

Do we know what time J was reported missing?

@2:24- What does JH say? I just got back from picking up my .....?

I don't think she actually finished the statement. she says from picking up my.....hmmmm....i just got home and I'm on the phone with 911

just thought of something.....what ever happened with the sighting of a woman pulling a girl into a car? The woman who takes neighborhood children to Sunday school or something? Has there been any clarification on that or did the media just drop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3