Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the witness who watched the child being pulled into the car been shown a photo of this child's mother?

It seems the likelihood is high that it was the mother herself who was seen taking the child.

Just received a message from AZ Central that the Amber Alert had been called off. I have their app on my phone but I've never requested messages like that. If they can do that it would be nice if AZ Central could send out messages when an Amber Alert is being issued.

Perhaps this is a way to turn up the heat on the mother? Odds are she is responsible for J's disappearance, but I'm still thinking that she does not have a car and questioning what she was doing when she left the children alone.

One more thing: When I was looking at the articles about J last night one of the comments was that J had done this before. But this is unsubstantiated. If true though it could support the theory that the mother did not kill J. It would be an indication that the mother is a very irresponsible parent to not take measures to prevent something like that from happening again.

Is it common for her to leave the children alone like that? Does she not screen the people she leaves the children with?

And then if the mother is using drugs that brings up the possibility that J got into her stash and overdosed like Skylar Newton.

I really, really hope that the retired LE that is often on NG will be on the show tonight. Or really anyone that can explain this as it happened to Baby Lisa as well.

Here is my 2 cents,
I am one that believes in odds. Meaning, when I think of this case, there are many factors that raise flags...

1. What are the odds that someone finds a girl that happens to wander outside, and is looking to abduct a child in a busy area?

(My thoughts, is there a house phone inside or did J have access to a cellphone so that someone could lure her outside? What if Jesse screamed "Help" in a crowded area?? then what would they do??)

2. There is alot of risks abducting in broad daylight, especially when you have to put the car in park, convince a child to enter, with bystanderds obviously around.

(My thoughts, does the jailed father, that Jesse happends to be his only child of the bunch, have a "new girlfriend" and wanted his daughter out of that enviroment?) btw when is he due to be released? This could be a planned abduction to meet up with them, without him being involved.)

-Conclusion, I feel that this is an inside job, but not in the sense that we are thinking. I think the determination the POI had leads me to think this was someone that sorta knew Jesse.

If not.... then pray that LE gets a tip because someone or someone(s) know where this little princess is....

I was wondering if someone had given their number to the child and told her to call if things got scary or abusive. They could have programmed the number to a one number speed dial number.

This is/was going on at the end of my street. The helicopters circled nonstop until last night, police and media. I know the area well, about 13 years ago we lived in the apts. right next to the mothers apt. We now live across the street and watched this media circus while it was going on. My husband and I even thought seriously about going out to help. My husband works nights and was making a delivery next to the command post and was approached and asked that while he is making deliveries in the area please take a minute to look in dumpsters and to pass it on to the other guys at his work. There is some confusing info in the media. The witness claims she saw what the woman was wearing, yet she pulled her through the passenger door??!! Also. the witness claims the lady had dark eyes yet she couldn't get a license plate number??!! And, she also claims the little girl was crying for her mommy. I don't know about others but if I happen to see a child alone and crying, damn if I am going to walk away, especially in that area. That particular area is an eye sore. It's amazing how you can go from my house, across the street and be slumming it yet we live in a nice, quiet neighborhood. There are a lot of empty buildings, grocery store and a walgreens, very close as well as many foreclosed homes.

This is/was going on at the end of my street. The helicopters circled nonstop until last night, police and media. I know the area well, about 13 years ago we lived in the apts. right next to the mothers apt. We now live across the street and watched this media circus while it was going on. My husband and I even thought seriously about going out to help. My husband works nights and was making a delivery next to the command post and was approached and asked that while he is making deliveries in the area please take a minute to look in dumpsters and to pass it on to the other guys at his work. There is some confusing info in the media. The witness claims she saw what the woman was wearing, yet she pulled her through the passenger door??!! Also. the witness claims the lady had dark eyes yet she couldn't get a license plate number??!! And, she also claims the little girl was crying for her mommy. I don't know about others but if I happen to see a child alone and crying, damn if I am going to walk away, especially in that area. That particular area is an eye sore. It's amazing how you can go from my house, across the street and be slumming it yet we live in a nice, quiet neighborhood. There are a lot of empty buildings, grocery store and a walgreens, very close as well as many foreclosed homes.

Did anyone from LE come to your home?

There is something else I've always wanted to ask someone that is in such close proximity to this type of tragedy, if you go to the RSO registry have you seen any of them lurking around the neighborhood?

I'd also like to know if LE stops trash collection until they are done searching the area?

Its been reported that LE is still in the search area checking homes where the owners were not available in the first sweep, have you seen any of that?

I've also been wondering where the mother could hide J's body. A dumpster would be an obvious answer, but you got me thinking when you mentioned the foreclosed homes...

Thank you for joining the conversation, I'm in Phoenix too, just not in the same area.

EDIT: If you can, keep us posted, especially if you think you see J's brothers and sisters. I know that there are probably many children in the area but Phoenix isn't really that diverse so maybe they would stand out. I hope that the children are in a place where they are 100% safe. If the kids saw something the mother could be threatening them to stay quiet.

maybe the amber alert was canceled because the police were able to track down the car and woman and it is unrelated.

Maybe the witness was referring to the dark circles around the mother's eyes.:waitasec:

Early today I heard a vid of the grandmother being questioned by a reporter... could not get to it at the time and now I can't find that.
Anybody remember this?

I thought I had read she was pulled through the passenger door and wondered how the woman could tell what kind of pants she was wearing. :waitasec:

If this witness is legit and says the little girl was crying for her Mommy, I wonder what she heard. Was it in a "Mommy, help me" way or "Mommy, no!" way? If all the little girl was saying is "Mommy", I think it would sound the same.

Welcome justjn!

Early today I heard a vid of the grandmother being questioned by a reporter... could not get to it at the time and now I can't find that.
Anybody remember this?

Yes, I remember that. It was mentioned that the grandmother had alerted LE about J's mother's first arrest. She also said that she thought J had been abducted by a stranger.

I can go and look for it if you want.

I was wondering what to make of that statement. Since has gm turned her daughter in before to protect her grandchildren, can we give more weight to her opinion about what is going on now?

Regarding the Amber Alert, this article says:

"Coombs said AMBERAlerts typically are in effect only 8 to 10 hours, but that DPS allowed the alert to stay in place for nearly 48 hours. The original AMBERAlert for Shockley, who was last seen Tuesday evening, was issued Wednesday morning."

From this article:
http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1462028
"Once we get new information, for instance a better description, a more exact description of the vehicle, we will reissue it," Graves said."

Yes, I remember that. It was mentioned that the grandmother had alerted LE about J's mother's first arrest. She also said that she thought J had been abducted by a stranger.

I can go and look for it if you want.

I was wondering what to make of that statement. Since has gm turned her daughter in before to protect her grandchildren, can we give more weight to her opinion about what is going on now?

In the court papers, Jahessye's Mom says some pretty damning things about her own Mom (Shirley).
I don't know what to think.

In the court papers, Jahessye's Mom says some pretty damning things about her own Mom (Shirley).
I don't know what to think.

She sure does, and I don't know what to think of it either, but it doesn't surprise me. I also wonder what affect those accusations have on the grandmother's beliefs about what is happening now.

George Anthony really pulled away from Casey when the defense pointed the finger in his direction.

Who knows anymore in cases like this one.

TY for that link! I am uploading it now.

It is not the exact one I was looking for, but it is during the same time frame and the reporter was male. I thought it was in a line of vids from nurse's link (that said shocking).
The reporter kept asking even when Ms Johnson clearly didn't want to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha