Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #3 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney Representing Jerice Hunter Speaks Out
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...resenting-jerice-hunter-speaks-out-11-28-2011

As for Jhessye Shockley, Maasen believes she is alive and says he and Hunter have spoken about hiring a private investigator to look into her disappearance.

Here we go again... (bbm)

Also Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter we all know, he is saying that Casey Anthony and her attorney Jose Baez told him that Caylee was alive, that they should go look for her, so he`s saying they knew the whole time she was dead and he wants the money back that he spent going down to Florida, providing security, looking for Caylee.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/25/ng.01.html

I wish we could have some sort of confirmation that LE is actively searching that landfill. I have heard they intend to search, that they have the area of interest cordoned off, etc etc. But I have not seen it said that they are actually DOING it.
Me, too.What he heck are they waiting on?? I want them to hurry up!

"Attorney Representing Jerice Hunter Speaks Out"

Video and story at link: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...resenting-jerice-hunter-speaks-out-11-28-2011

Attorney's name is Scott Maasen. Imo, I don't think he's a public defender.

I won't click on that link. I don't want to hear another windbag blowing their stench.

Basic conditions of parole in California-
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Parole/Parolee_Conditions/index.html

AZlawyer or Gitana1, when CDC&R says "unsupervised parole" ... What exactly does that mean? Basic conditions as stated above, but she doesn't have to report to a PO and there are no special conditions put on her?

She was paroled in May and showed up in AZ in August. Did she violate parole by leaving the State?

Clearly she is not on parole of any kind currently, or the positive drug test back in October for THC would have landed her back in jail pronto. No need to charge her with anything. Correct?

I am no parole expert but standard parole conditions, such as being subject to searches and seizures at any time, not committing further crimes and not doing drugs, those would apply, supervised or not. I agree that unsupervised means she does not have to check in or be available for visits from her parole officer. However, I do not know if she was allowed to leave the state or not.

So, already Jerice has someone to defend her. Too bad Jhessye didn't have someone that big and powerful defending from Jerice while she was slowly, methodically, brutally tortured. Death was not quick and compassionate for Jhessye. Jhessye was forced to suffer by her own egg donor. Poor helpless little Jhessye lived on for days in that closet, her eyes blackened, her face cut, her hair ripped out and her body badly bruised. I can't imagine the pain Jhessye was forced to endure before her battered body either finally gave up, or Jerice speeded up the process so she could dispose of her. The closet became a coffin, and I do hope with all my heart that there was evidence which Jerice could not scrub away with bleach.

Wow everybody. Just look at the difference in Jerice when she was facing someone who had some power over her. Notice how softly Jerice spoke to the judge, trying to look so non-threatening, meek and helpless.
Jerice: What a worthless piece of bullpoo you are. You had no problem beating up your children or screaming and ranting and raging at the media. You were an evil vicious bully. Did you learn how to role play those very Jeckyl and Hyde characters while you were serving time in CA for child abuse. Did all you criminals share hints on how to con your way through the legal system. Doesn't matter now, Jerice - the clock is ticking. You won't get away with murder. You can run but you can't hide. I hope your conniving enabling mother goes down with you.

IMHO

Anda! I had to bump this. So powerful. And Amen.

I hope LE can find Jhessye. She deserves the dignity of a proper funeral.

But even if they can't find her....the circumstantial evidence must be pretty strong, and there's bound to be some kind of forensic evidence in that apartment. Maybe the DA will move forward anyway.

Jhessye needs a jury that won't let her down. I wonder if her attorney will want a change of venue?

News article titled: "CPS Report: Mother of Missing Child Has Anger Problems"

Part of the story says, "A just released Phoenix Police report shows police investigated claims of child abuse back in April, but found those claims unfounded, and closed the case."
Another part says, "It quotes an unnamed person who remarked “Jerice smokes marijuana” and had concerns with her anger management. The subject feared Jerice would take her frustrations out on her children."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...f-missing-child-has-anger-problems-11-29-2011

Once again, the mishandling of this situation has left me speechless.

I wish we could have some sort of confirmation that LE is actively searching that landfill. I have heard they intend to search, that they have the area of interest cordoned off, etc etc. But I have not seen it said that they are actually DOING it.

The other day LE said they planned to search the landfill in coming weeks. Since a landfill search is hazardous and time-consuming, with no guaranteed results, LE will want to leave it as a last resort. I'm wondering if LE is hoping to build a solid case on forensic evidence from the apartment and eyewitness accounts from Jhessye's siblings, enabling them to forgo the landfill search. Below is an article detailing various cases in which murder convictions were made without a body. The trial of Katherine Rutan for the murder of her 6-year-old son closely parallels the Jhessye Shockley murder case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,438661,00.html

An Alva, Okla., jury deliberated two hours in September 2007 before convicting Katherine Rutan in the murder of her 6-year-old son, Logan Tucker. Prosecutors said Rutan killed her son on June 23, 2002, so she could be with her boyfriend. Key evidence included a boyfriend who testified that she told him she wished she could kill her children and get away with it. Rulan's other son, Justin, told the jury that his mother took his brother into the woods and returned without him. She was sentenced to life in prison.

Someone is funding this defense then. Perhaps her dad.

:truce:

While I know emotions are running high, the name-altering and name calling will have to stop...it is against TOS, regardless of how fitting it must seem.

http://www.kpho.com/story/16149601/attorney-for-jerice-hunter-speaks-out

According to JH's atty Scott Maasen in the above article:

"It's not a pro bono case. I was contacted originally by friend's of Jerice and member from the church, I spoke with her father and met with Jerice last Wednesday," said Maasen.

ETA: The grammar in the above sentence is poor, so it's not clear who originally contacted the attorney - one friend of Jerice who is also a church member, or several friends and church members. But, it does appear Jerice's father is lending his assistance.

I hope LE can find Jhessye. She deserves the dignity of a proper funeral.

But even if they can't find her....the circumstantial evidence must be pretty strong, and there's bound to be some kind of forensic evidence in that apartment. Maybe the DA will move forward anyway.

Jhessye needs a jury that won't let her down. I wonder if her attorney will want a change of venue?

Ugh, I know. After the horror of the casey anthony verdict, I'm very scared of juries.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/police-report-jhessye-siblings-sent-back-to-mother-after-child-abuse

Police report: Jhessye, siblings sent back to mother after prison, child abuse

Jerice Hunter spent four years in a California prison for abusing her children, but when she was released and moved to Arizona the children were sent back to her.
The report shows that many family members and Arizona agencies knew about the abuse, but did nothing to keep the children away.
(more at link)

Epic FAIL on every level.

must watch this video....
says Grandma actually adopted the children and returned them to Arizona because "one was too much work"
Jerice is staying with her father.
http://www.azcentral.com/video/1301584256001

I just knew it! I knew she gave them back because she didn't want to be bothered with raising kids. She was a bad mother to Jerice, and no better to her grandchildren.

Please let there be some way to put her in jail.

I just knew it! I knew she gave them back because she didn't want to be bothered with raising kids. She was a bad mother to Jerice, and no better to her grandchildren.

Please let there be some way to put her in jail.

If Shirley adopted those kids in California, she is probably collecting a very healthy adoption subsidy for them, and its legal for her to continue to receive the subsidy even if <she> moves the kids to a different state. The catch is, they do need to remain in her custody for her to continue to collect the $$.

If you aren't familiar with adoption subsidy, you should google it. She would obviously be collecting quite a lot more money than she would from cash assistance from welfare and it is not dependent on income. The money is available until the kids turn 18 or finish school, as long as they remain in her custody.

Diana

If Shirley adopted those kids in California, she is probably collecting a very healthy adoption subsidy for them, and its legal for her to continue to receive the subsidy even if <she> moves the kids to a different state. The catch is, they do need to remain in her custody for her to continue to collect the $$.

If you aren't familiar with adoption subsidy, you should google it. She would obviously be collecting quite a lot more money than she would from cash assistance from welfare and it is not dependent on income. The money is available until the kids turn 18 or finish school, as long as they remain in her custody.

Diana

I was wondering about any subsidy, but - to get an adoption subsidy, don't you first have to adopt out of the foster system? I'm not sure if adopting your grandchildren would automatically qualify for a subsidy unless they were placed in the foster system first? :waitasec:

About the adoption subsidy: At least in Minnesota, it isn't a huge amount and it isn't given to relatives. I have a friend who HAS done foster to adopt. In HIS situation, he and his wife are financially fine (He's a psychologist, she is a real estate agent) so they have put every dime of the adoption subsidy into trust for the kids. But he said that really, it wouldn't begin to cover the needs of the children if "they were being cared for properly". Also, they would be eligible for Medicaid regardless of family income if they wanted it but obviously they declined this and have the kids on their insurance. (I believe this is because some of the medical needs of the children probably go beyond the limitations of insurance and such and they don't want a regular middle class family to go broke covering it.) I believe he said the adoption subsidy was around $300 a month per child...which is more than welfare but he's right--not enough to feed, clothe, educate and shelter a child properly. And that's Minnesota, which is a "welfare" state...
ETA: That's probably a windfall for the likes of these folks, though. My sister teaches in an inner city district where parents get their kids on SSI for "disabilities", which is something like $500 a month. They have three or four kids on that, tax free, and they don't have to work. Plus, automatic eligibility for Medicaid for the kids because they are "disabled". Quite a racket. So...I guess if you have enough kids and aren't in it for the right reasons like my friend...

Someone is funding this defense then. Perhaps her dad.

:truce:

While I know emotions are running high, the name-altering and name calling will have to stop...it is against TOS, regardless of how fitting it must seem.

some church?

To someone who knows about this adoption subsidy....please tell me that once the children went under the care of the state that any subsidies to Shirley stopped....please tell me that woman is NOT still collecting money for the children she returned.

To someone who knows about this adoption subsidy....please tell me that once the children went under the care of the state that any subsidies to Shirley stopped....please tell me that woman is NOT still collecting money for the children she returned.

I think they would have stopped, but -- it depends on if AZ and CA are communicating.

That might be a nice way to drag Shirley into the net...if she continued collecting any of the money after she returned the kids.

I am sure LE is all over this. Everyone who epically failed should be made to sweat.

Now, I am on the fence about CPS IF the case they disclosed was the sum total of what they were sent to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios