Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #6 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 7m7 minutes ago
State v Jerice Hunter: Trial has ended for the day and will resume on Monday, March 30 at 10:45am.
---

I agree, the coverage is very much lacking.

No kidding. Do you think Jhessey was deceased all that time she was out of school?

Sadly no. I do not think she was dead the whole time she was missing school. I believe she spent several days in that closet, slowly starving and dehydrating, drawing on scraps of paper, alone in the dark, trying to pass the time and keep her sanity, I cannot get past those little scraps of doodles that were found by LE. I think they say how she spent her time, hour after hour, trying so hard to be hopeful, that this would end soon and she would come out of the closet.

I think she died a slow slow torturous death. I do believe she was dead by by the beginning of October. And once her body began to smell, she had to get her out of that small apartment and begged her ride from the neighbor friend to dispose of the body like the trash she always viewed Jhessye as. :( I am sorry but simply typing that made be cry.

I am so sorry no one saved this precious joyous child from this :censored: It is really hard, even now, after all these years to really ponder what she went through in that closet, hunks of her hair and scalp ripped out, the object of all her mother's years of pent up rage.

Gosh and the argument was this was "so high profile" live streaming was an issue. This makes me so very sad. What poor Jhessye went thru is devastating. I wish this case had more attention. Sigh.....

I love this post.

Count me in as "a lady in waiting"!

Thank you Myvice. Jhessye just captured my heart. Many of us have indeed been ladies in waiting for quite some time for Justice for our butterfly princess.It breaks my heart that her case is not getting more attention.

Such an adorable baby girl who was so loved and cherished by the family members who raised her. You can see it in the many pictures of her. Her happiness and personality just shines through.

jerice and her mother are pure evil for taking that sweet baby girl from the only home she had ever known. Honestly I find it so hard to post because I dislike jerice so very much.

Gosh and the argument was this was "so high profile" live streaming was an issue. This makes me so very sad. What poor Jhessye went thru is devastating. I wish this case had more attention. Sigh.....

We went through similar circumstances with 2 trials in the same courthouse last year, Chrisman (cop who killed man in his home) and Hulsey (man who killed cop on the street), JM was even the prosecutor of Chrisman and both had live streaming approved by judge but aside from opening statements and closing arguments, media rarely showed up to stream, and little footage has been released.

Both were 'high profile' and some members here mailed the media outlets on a nearly daily basis asking about coverage but it was usually 'a staffing issue' preventing them from having anyone in the courtroom. Jen was still with Sharee for the Chrisman trial and they did plenty of tweeting, and Jen covered Hulsey but they were frustrating trials to document, much less feel as if many cared. I promised myself after Hulsey I'd avoid any more AZ trials, just too disappointing overall, but here I am, hoping homage will be paid to a little girl through decent media coverage of her killer's trial, the last kind thing they can do for Jhessye.

The coverage of this trial has been practically worthless. A few tweets here and there and not a single decent article. I'm going to complain to AZ Central.

I found this one article http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rice-hunter-murder-trial-day-2-abrk/70498814/

"Lankford, who said Wednesday that Hunter was "panicky" when he arrived at her apartment in October 2011, also described responding to a 911 call at Hunter's apartment about a month after Jhessye went missing.

Lankford said that Hunter had called Glendale police because she could not get access to money that was being raised to help find Jhessye."

That is so jerice. She doesn't care one bit about Jhessye but she sure wants any money that was donated to help find Jhessye. She certainly didn't want Jhessye to be found because she knew she had killed her and disposed of her.

I'm disappointed in the coverage of this trial too. I wish we could have watched it live streamed. It would have been nice to see a Judge who can control their own court room. I sure hope this monster gets what she deserves when it's all said and done. Poor little Jhessye, she was such a cutie pie and the other children, oh my...poor things, just makes me sick about the whole thing.

Beautiful butterfly princess...to almost springtime here in PA. The butterflies will be out soon.

April 1st is Jhessye's birthday. She should be picking out a cute dress, waiting impatiently to unwrap barbies, crayons, stuffed animals, and all of the other things she has been putting on her birthday list. Eating ice cream, maybe going bowling with her siblings and friends.

I hope this is the last of Jhessye's birthdays that Jerice can call herself a free woman.

BBM~ That is so sad! Truly makes me cry. :tantrum:

Sadly no. I do not think she was dead the whole time she was missing school. I believe she spent several days in that closet, slowly starving and dehydrating, drawing on scraps of paper, alone in the dark, trying to pass the time and keep her sanity, I cannot get past those little scraps of doodles that were found by LE. I think they say how she spent her time, hour after hour, trying so hard to be hopeful, that this would end soon and she would come out of the closet.

I think she died a slow slow torturous death. I do believe she was dead by by the beginning of October. And once her body began to smell, she had to get her out of that small apartment and begged her ride from the neighbor friend to dispose of the body like the trash she always viewed Jhessye as. :( I am sorry but simply typing that made be cry.

I am so sorry no one saved this precious joyous child from this :censored: It is really hard, even now, after all these years to really ponder what she went through in that closet, hunks of her hair and scalp ripped out, the object of all her mother's years of pent up rage.

and THIS!!! :tantrum: ...the details are excruciating!!! Makes me hate this woman!!! I don't want to hate her but... how can you not!? = (

Thank you for the tweets today. I know they were hard to find. Ty for doing this...

I also agree that the coverage sucks. I expected better of media who hangs on every nuance in the "other trial".

Many thanks to geevee and others who keep us updated with tweets and links.

I added some updates, what I could find. If anyone sees pics in articles, and I have missed them, please alert me so I can add it to the archive.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...ckley -AZ-/Justice for Jhessye?sort=6&page=1

Just caught up. Big thanks to geevee for the tweets!!

Like many of you, and in our previous discussion threads ago ... why didn't the school ask for a Dr.'s verification of treatment during the nineteen day absence?

School officials have testified, will the State be putting Jhessye's medical records into evidence next? Can't wait to hear from her pediatrician/office staff who saw and treated her on those visits she made!!!

Hope the jury is not buying this carp, and remain open minded, as this case is largely circumstantial.

I also agree that the coverage sucks. I expected better of media who hangs on every nuance in the "other trial".

Many thanks to geevee and others who keep us updated with tweets and links.

I added some updates, what I could find. If anyone sees pics in articles, and I have missed them, please alert me so I can add it to the archive.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...ckley -AZ-/Justice for Jhessye?sort=6&page=1

From TL; http://www.chopperrose.com/jerice_hunter_murder_trial
But appears to have a fee for coverage?

Click on the links below to read the full report:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/23669476/friday-marks-2-years-since-jhessye-shockley-reported-missing#ixzz3VYnFm6Xd

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kpho/KPHO%20NEWS/SHOCKLEY%20DOC.pdf (copy and paste into browser).

For those of you who are new, or just want to refresh your memories on Jhessye's case. Above are the links to the police case reports.
Somewhere around here, we also have the monster's California trial and prison records on the abuse charges of her other child/children. I love the way Grandma Shirley is portrayed (blamed) in the monster's psyche interviews. I'll nose around tomorrow and find the document, unless someone here beats me to it.

I've waited a long time for this trial!!! Disappointed in the coverage it it is receiving, in contrast to the JA trial (no disrespect to Travis or his family) .... grrrrrr!

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...ys-out-its-case-in-jerice-hunter-murder-trial
The jurors heard 911 calls from Hunter made the day she reported her daughter missing. They also heard Sgt. Mark Lankford testify that nearly a month after Hunter said Jhessye disappeared, she called 911 again.

"The defendant was stating that the money that was being raised for Jhessye Shockley, she was not receiving it," Lankford said

She didn't kill Jhessye and believes her daughter is alive, said Hunter's attorney, Candice Shoemaker.

‘There is no body. There is no proof she is dead,’ said Shoemaker, who offered no alternative theory on what became of the child.

Shoemaker said two people saw Jhessye at her apartment complex within hours of the report of her being missing.

The defense attorney also told jurors to take a hard look at the upcoming testimony of Jhessye's older sister, who is now 17.

The teen didn't allege abuse when she first spoke to police, Shoemaker said. The sister was in charge of Jhessye when she disappeared and changed her account because of guilt, the attorney said.

While in foster care after Jhessye's disappearance, the oldest daughter was isolated from her siblings and ‘started to internalize those feelings,’ Shoemaker said.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ody-suitcase-throwing-away.html#ixzz3VZVwGDQs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.azfamily.com/story/28627935/jerice-hunters-911-call-played-in-court

The 911 call is roughly seven minutes long. Hunter sounds panicked and desperate, but prosecutors argue it's all an act. They say her behavior leading up to the day she reported her daughter missing is paramount in this case.

"Thank you. Hello, hello, hello, I need an officer at my house. I can't find my daughter," Hunter told a 911 dispatcher.

The prosecutor said Hunter got a neighbor to drive her to a Tempe apartment where Hunter said she was going to sell a suitcase full of clothes and shoes.

Once they arrived, Hunter told her neighbor that the buyer wasn’t there and that the items for sale could be left in a trash bin, Gallagher said.

The neighbor saw Hunter put on plastic gloves before she removed a suitcase from the vehicle’s trunk and dropped it in the trash, she said. Authorities believe the suitcase contained the child’s remains.

http://www.trivalleycentral.com/cas...cle_d8f5a0b2-d3dd-11e4-8937-8b35ccca10ef.html

The prosecutor did not shy from Hunter's past during her opening arguments on Wednesday, painting a picture of an abusive mother who cared so little for her daughter she threw here in the trash.

"When she threw Jhessye away she successfully got rid of the best evidence of her crime, Jhessye's battered little body, for that she should not be rewarded," Prosecutor Jeanette Gallagher said.
http://www.azfamily.com/story/28618...hallenges-of-having-no-body-in-a-murder-trial

All seats in the South Court Tower courtroom were initially filled, though one person -- Hunter's father -- had to be removed from the courtroom because he was chuckling during the state's opening statement.

Even if his behavior was a result of his disbelief of the comments, his actions were especially offensive considering it was during the state's explanation of what Shockley had allegedly endured.

The prosecutor went through a detailed timeline of the events that occurred before and after Shockley's death, emphasizing what witnesses would be called and what their testimony would entail. The state focused on the alleged lies Hunter told the cops after she reported her daughter missing, and more importantly, the details that she failed to disclose.

The state's opening also included the fact little Jhessye had been absent from school for a number of days prior to the missing persons 9-1-1 call.

Throughout her opening, prosecutor Jeanette Gallagher emphasized what the officers had done and why, possibly to take the wind out of the defense's sails of the inevitable argument of shoddy police work. She explained to the jury that forensic evidence does have its limitations.
http://ktar.com/305/1819798/Legally-Speaking-Trial-for-missing-child-Jhessye-Shockley-begins

One of the most compelling things I've heard so far is the bit about cancelling the doctor's appointment for two children but only rescheduling for one. If the ringworm was so severe JH would have taken JS in as well.
I resent the way her lawyer is insinuating that the oldest daughter has something to feel guilty about.
Jerice is a sick and evil woman who must be incarcerated for life. And the grandmother should be charged with child endangerment and welfare fraud. Notice that the grandma sent Jerice some money? It was because she was still getting a check for those babies and the two of them were splitting it.

i swear, I know I posted here last night but other posts have not shown up in other threads. I am here, awaiting justice for this beautiful beloved little girl who was ripped from the loving family who raised her since birth. I am appalled that there is not more coverage of this trial. My heart breaks for the family who raised Jhessye so lovingly. Their love for her shines thru in all of the beautiful pictures of Jhessye.

It is clear that the defense is going to paint the oldest child as the perp here in some way. AKA The George Anthony as fall guy defense.

i swear, I know I posted here last night but other posts have not shown up in other threads. I am here, awaiting justice for this beautiful beloved little girl who was ripped from the loving family who raised her since birth. I am appalled that there is not more coverage of this trial. My heart breaks for the family who raised Jhessye so lovingly. Their love for her shines thru in all of the beautiful pictures of Jhessye.

This morning I had a few more alerts from yesterday, so it is a bit late when news arrives unless you count twitter (and for my purposes, twitter isn't "news", although it might be the best news source in this case).

Anyways, I added newer updates this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer