Found Deceased AZ- John Navin, 56, Phoenix, 20 June 2019 * Possible Kidnap for Ransom

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doodles1211

Reaction score
A Phoenix man has been missing for nearly three weeks. John Navin, 56, was last heard from on June 20. His family is asking for help from the public in getting him home.

His sister, Jeri Navin Smith last spoke to him when he was in Nogales, Mexico where he normally visits to get prescriptions filled for his parents.

“He’s like, ‘I’m great, I’m having a beer in Mexico,” Smith said in an interview to KPNX.

She said their mom received a text from his phone later that day asking for money.

“This is not a joke, please transfer, you know, money to my account,” Smith said. “This is considered a ransom request.”

Thinking he was being silly his mom put money into his account and did not give it another thought.

“We have not heard from my brother since,” said Smith.

When Navin did not return to his dogs, the family knew something was up.

“Our first stop was (U.S. Rep.) Ruben Gallego’s office,” Smith said. “That congressman helped us get in contact with the U.S. Mexican Consulate and the Phoenix Police Department and the missing persons.”

Smith and her husband found John’s truck in the parking lot near the border and filed a police report.

“That indicates that he was probably not going to spend the night,” Smith said.

The family is fearing the worst as they search for answers.

“His accounts have been compromised. I believe he was taken,” said Smith. “It’s so very surreal, I can’t believe this is happening.”

Navin’s family and friends are offering a $25,000 reward for anyone with information to get him home.

“We will do anything that we can and we will,” Smith said.

As Phoenix Police continue to investigate John’s family remains hopeful.

“I also believe that he is going to be. He’s ok and he’ll be home,” Smith said. “I just need help to bring him home.”

If you have any information, you are asked to contact Det. Christopher Jansen with the Phoenix Police Department or email missing06.20.19@gmail.com.
MISSING-MAN-300x191.jpg

Local News Archives | KVOA.com

Travel in Mexico is very dangerous. My husband's company won't let any non-hispanic engineers or managers go there on business. I hope he is found, but I fear they took the money and got rid of any witnesses.

That would be an almost 3 hour drive from Phoenix to Nogales, Mexico. Nogales is located right next to the border:

upload_2019-7-11_19-52-13.png
Google Maps

I appreciate the family's honesty regarding the purpose of John's trip. Does anyone think he might have been targeted because of the medication he had obtained?

John F. Navin NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Missing Age 57 Years
Current Age 58 Years
First Name John
Middle Name F.
Last Name Navin
Sex Male
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 165 lbs
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian

Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue

Scar/mark 4-6 inch scar on abdomen

Circumstances of Disappearance In June 2019, John Navin travelled from Phoenix to Mexico. His vehicle was later found in Mexico.

I am going to assume that most of these comments are from people who are not from AZ. As a Zonie, I will tell you it is VERY common to go to Mexico for medication and I personally go to Mexico regularly for just last minute weekend trips. Depending on where you live, it can be anywhere from across the street to a 4 hour drive. Both Nogales and Rocky Point are heavily populated with tourists/Americans. Nogales even more so. Coming in and out (walking across the board is very popular here but not in Rocky Point) can look like a line to get into a concert.

I've not found any updates. Here's a flyer posted to the website dedicated to finding John. I wonder if these flyers have been distributed in Mexico? $25,000 is life-changing money and could entice anyone with info to contact LE. MOO
I wonder how often he went there and if it was known he was coming? Could someone have set him up to be a target?

Website set up with 25,000 reward.
https://findjohnnavin.com/
BBM
John Navin is a beloved member of the Phoenix community & is desperately missed by those that love him. If you have information of any kind, please reach out to us!

Law Enforcement Contact (Contacto de aplicación de la ley)
Phoenix Police Detective Christopher Jansen (602)495-2019

rs=h:500,cg:true,m

If you go to a site johnjohnjeri.com it is about a book Mr. Navin was cowriting. It has a meet the authors and just click on him, and tons of information.

He is still missing. Interesting is he hit the lottery. Being a practical joker nobody believed him. Sadly, his mom passed away in 2020 according to her obituary. Not knowing what happened to him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camillionaire
Back