Found Deceased AZ - Julie Cappetta, 53, visiting from PA, went for a walk, Sun Lakes, 10 Jul 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, I doubt that any more information about this case will be disclosed. Sun Lakes, is on the outer edge literally and figuratively, of the Phoenix metro area. Both print and media news outlets are woefully understaffed, to the point where only breaking news is covered. To be honest, I was shocked that the story got as much attention as it did. I am very familiar with this area having lived and worked here for the last 21 years. I will take a well educated GUESS, and state that IMO Julie went out for a walk, didn't hydrate prior, and either didn't carry any, or enough water. She began to feel the effects of the heat/sun, or suffered some sort of medical emergency, and sought shelter in the shade. She may have tried to make contact with a homeowner, but many of them are out of town at this time of year. It would not be uncommon to ring 8 to 10 doorbells on a street, and not get an answer. This fact is also probably why it took a while to discover her. It's hot here. Ungodly hot at times. Even those that live here full time can underestimate how quickly things can go south. I cannot overstate that fact enough. As to the character of the community, it is a safe and lovely place. One that if it had seen Julie in distress, would have taken her in an seen to it that she was safe and cared for. As for foul play, I'd have to put the likelihood of that at less than 1%.
Thank you, that scenario makes perfect sense. What a tragic situation and loss for Julie's family.

July 1 article to illustrate how heat can affect people in that county:
BBM

Maricopa County officials say the heat may have been a factor in at least 53 deaths that have occurred in the last three weeks, many of them during a stretch when high temperatures reached 118 degrees.

Maricopa County Department of Public Health officials said the latest casualties bring the total of suspected heat-related deaths to 75 for this year so far. Heat has been confirmed as a factor in nine of those deaths.

There were 34 deaths under investigation this time last year, which ended with a record 323 people dead of heat-related causes in the county.

Across Arizona, there were 523 heat-related deaths in 2020.

Maricopa County is investigating a rapid uptick in heat-related deaths

Missing Person- Julie Cappetta
21 Jul 2021
The past 11 days have been one of the toughest days for my family as we search for my sister in-law, Julie Cappetta. I appreciate all the messages of support and prayers from all of you. It means the world to my family during this difficult time. As of today we STILL have do not have any information to share with you. As soon as we able to share with you any news about Julie, we will. In the meantime, please continue to pray from my family. Thank you!

So concerned for this lady! I agree with others that there seem to be some details regarding her circumstances that have been left out. For one, I would consider a ten-plus day visit to be quite long. Most people don't have a life that they can easily leave for that long, and for many people that would be a long time to have visitors for. So, I;m curious about what led to this extended visit. Did she have a return ticket?

So concerned for this lady! I agree with others that there seem to be some details regarding her circumstances that have been left out. For one, I would consider a ten-plus day visit to be quite long. Most people don't have a life that they can easily leave for that long, and for many people that would be a long time to have visitors for. So, I;m curious about what led to this extended visit. Did she have a return ticket?
In one of the television news features where they interviewed the sons, there was mention that she was here on a one-way ticket. It struck me as odd as well, and an avenue to investigate, but the circumstances in which the body was found leads me to believe that this was a horrible accident.

@jazzbo13 In the past, a one-way ticket was purchased for different reasons than they currently are. Many times, two one way tix are the same price or even cheaper than a round trip. If you want the luxury of deciding when you return without a prior commitment, this can be a nice option. I know I've done it many times.
I live less than a mile from where Julie was visiting her father. This has been so troubling to our whole community, and obviously more so to her family. Last week, we were lead to believe that they had found her, and that foul play was not suspected. Now, it seems the narrative is that she has not been positively identified, which on so many levels does not make sense. So many neighbors were out in the heat searching for her. I hope we get answers sooner rather than later.

Missing Person- Julie Cappetta
21 Jul 2021
The past 11 days have been one of the toughest days for my family as we search for my sister in-law, Julie Cappetta. I appreciate all the messages of support and prayers from all of you. It means the world to my family during this difficult time. As of today we STILL have do not have any information to share with you. As soon as we able to share with you any news about Julie, we will. In the meantime, please continue to pray from my family. Thank you!
I wonder if this means the family has information but is not yet willing to "share" it. Maybe a close family member is traveling and still needs to be notified. Or maybe the cause of death is either still unknown or involves some sensitive information.... I don't know!

Perhaps they have found her and identified the body as Julie but are awaiting toxicology reports to accurately give a cause of death. Some tests can take a couple of weeks to come to result and also I expect that they may have had to be sent to another location for processing. I doubt Sun Lakes has its own forensic testing labs. MOO MOO MOO

Perhaps they have found her and identified the body as Julie but are awaiting toxicology reports to accurately give a cause of death. Some tests can take a couple of weeks to come to result and also I expect that they may have had to be sent to another location for processing. I doubt Sun Lakes has its own forensic testing labs. MOO MOO MOO
That's possible but I'm surprised they wouldn't just identify her and say that the cause of death was pending further tests. Her death, if it occurred, is what's important. IMO, the cause is secondary and can wait.

Sun Lakes is an unincorporated, census-designated place within the jurisdiction of Maricopa County, so the investigating agency is the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, and the autopsy would be handled by Maricopa County Office of the Medical Examiner.

@jazzbo13 In the past, a one-way ticket was purchased for different reasons than they currently are. Many times, two one way tix are the same price or even cheaper than a round trip. If you want the luxury of deciding when you return without a prior commitment, this can be a nice option. I know I've done it many times.
I live less than a mile from where Julie was visiting her father. This has been so troubling to our whole community, and obviously more so to her family. Last week, we were lead to believe that they had found her, and that foul play was not suspected. Now, it seems the narrative is that she has not been positively identified, which on so many levels does not make sense. So many neighbors were out in the heat searching for her. I hope we get answers sooner rather than later.

Especially right now. From where I live (northern Midwest) a one way ticket to Phoenix is only $60. Other places are just as cheap. If I had the freedom and a place to stay a nice post quarantine extended vacation sounds heavenly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back