AZ AZ - Kelly Paduchowski, 45, went for a run & swim, Flagstaff, 30 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That makes the most sense. I don’t think he had his cell phone with him at all, or they would have found her by now. They are back tracking his movements based on sightings - witness and cameras, JMO.
Yes, no mention of his phone pings. Which confuses me - if he knew not to let his own phone track him, why was he driving around that morning with her phone on? Was that a mistake, or an initial attempt to mislead police that he changed (since he later claimed she'd left at 1:30, not 10:20).

Then, I guess he couldn't be sure his truck was clean and hid it, hoping police wouldn't notice it was gone...

I think Flagstaff is a pretty low crime town, I think the neighbours just couldn't believe they could possibly be watching a murder on a Sunday morning, that there must be some other explanation and they would look foolish and strange if they called 911 on the nice family next door.

JMO

Search area on Snow Bowl Road - general area.
It looks like there are two ravines near the road, one with a somewhat steep drop.
Five miles might be by road, or as the crow flies
topo maps
google map

Attachments

• 1720158172274.png
    1720158172274.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 1720158209346.png
    1720158209346.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 1720158606157.png
    1720158606157.png
    760.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 1720161146248.png
    1720161146248.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
From the link:

"Details surrounding how and where Paduchowski’s remains were found weren’t immediately released, but the Flagstaff Police Department confirmed that her body was found around 10 a.m. on Friday."

As for
Yes, no mention of his phone pings. Which confuses me - if he knew not to let his own phone track him, why was he driving around that morning with her phone on? Was that a mistake, or an initial attempt to mislead police that he changed (since he later claimed she'd left at 1:30, not 10:20).

Then, I guess he couldn't be sure his truck was clean and hid it, hoping police wouldn't notice it was gone...

I think Flagstaff is a pretty low crime town, I think the neighbours just couldn't believe they could possibly be watching a murder on a Sunday morning, that there must be some other explanation and they would look foolish and strange if they called 911 on the nice family next door.

JMO
In regard to the neighbors, it would be hard to believe Kelly’s murder happened in a vacuum. I wouldn’t care if I looked foolish, what they described was clearly an assault and Kelly wasn’t moving.

I see her body has been found. My deepest sympathy to her children and loved ones. Such an tragic loss.

[…]

According to officials, Daniel played a role in the discovery of Kelly's remains.

"Defendant provided us with information that led us to body, phone, car keys and the murder weapon," said Coconino County Sheriff's Office Senior Attorney Michael Tunink. "We reached an agreement in which the defendant Daniel Paduchowski pleaded guilty to 2nd degree murder tampering of evidence concealing a dead body and possession of drugs."

In a news conference Friday afternoon, Coconino County Attorney Michael Tunink said the victim's husband agreed to plead guilty to second-degree murder, evidence tampering, attempting to hide a dead body, and possession of controlled substances.

Tunink said Paduchowski was cooperative with questioning and led police to Kelly's body, cell phone, keys, and the weapon allegedly used to kill her.

Tunink said the agreement made with the suspect would require him to serve the entirety of a 16-year sentence, the maximum sentence for second-degree murder, the attorney said.

Flagstaff police Sgt. Jerry Rintala said the victim's family had been notified and asked for their privacy.

Flagstaff police Sgt. Jerry Rintala said the victim's family had been notified and asked for their privacy.

I'm grateful he did the right thing, that doesn't happen often. At least Kelly's family won't have to endure endless hearings and a trial.

16 years is hardly enough....

She doesn't get a secund chance.
I'm wondering if it will be 16yrs for 2nd degree murder plus additional time for all the other crimes? He is charged with a few crimes - and it seems like the sum total would be higher??

However, I am glad she is found. It's always disturbing to think of people left out in the elements without proper burial.

Rest in peace, Kelly.

jmo

Last edited:

Less than a week after an Arizona woman was reported missing by her spouse, launching an expansive search that quickly turned into a homicide investigation, the husband admitted to killing her and pleaded guilty to a murder charge, authorities announced Friday.

As part of deal with prosecutors in Coconino County, Daniel Paduchowski pleaded guilty Friday to second-degree murder in the death of his 45-year-old wife, Kelly. He also pleaded guilty to tampering with physical evidence, concealment of a dead body and possession of dangerous drugs, according to a copy of the plea agreement.

His sentencing is scheduled for Sept. 10.

At the news conference, Flagstaff Police Chief Sean Connolly emphasized that it had been just six days since authorities were alerted of Kelly Paduchowski's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hallowed_disaster164
Back