AZ AZ - Kelly Paduchowski, 45, went for a run & swim, Flagstaff, 30 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Flagstaff police are searching for a woman who went missing after she left her residence to go for a run and a swim over the weekend.

Police say the family of 45-year-old Kelly Paduchowski reported her missing shortly after 7:30 p.m. Sunday after not hearing from her since she left home around 1:30 p.m. that afternoon.

She’s described as 5′8″, 138 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes, and was last seen wearing black shorts, a gray shirt and white running shoes.

I don't know where she would have gone swimming unless she planned on stopping elsewhere after running- nothing on the trailhead information indicates any water suitable for swimming. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/arizona/campbell-mesa-loop Looks like a fairly easy 5 and a half mile loop for hiking, biking, and running. Temps were in the low 80's but if she's from that area, she's likely well used to running in warmer weather conditions.

I don't know where she would have gone swimming unless she planned on stopping elsewhere after running- nothing on the trailhead information indicates any water suitable for swimming. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/arizona/campbell-mesa-loop Looks like a fairly easy 5 and a half mile loop for hiking, biking, and running. Temps were in the low 80's but if she's from that area, she's likely well used to running in warmer weather conditions.
I feel weird speculating, but she may have been planning on going to the pool at the athletic club on the east side of town before or after, or even the country club’s pool if she’s a member there. They’re both in the same area as this trail. If that’s the case I imagine they’ll be checking whether she scanned into the club and/or had made a lane reservation. I hope she’s found safe. I’m local and wouldn’t think twice about going for a run there alone (albeit with my big scary looking dog). It rained heavily last night with some rain this morning as well. While it had been hot, she may have been expecting a monsoon/maybe that’s why she went at the time she did trying to beat it.

The husband of a missing Flagstaff woman has been arrested by police, the department announced on July 1.

Flagstaff PD investigators interviewed family members and witnesses, as well as processed evidence. This resulted in the arrest of Kelly’s husband, Daniel Paduchowski, 58.

He's accused of aggravated assault.

"The investigation is ongoing and the number one priority is to locate Kelly," the police department said.

A search and rescue operation was set up at the trailhead on Monday, with a command center from the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office and assistance from an Arizona Department of Public Safety helicopter. As a search was conducted in the area on foot and horseback, law enforcement also was requesting doorbell camera recordings from Kelly Paduchowski’s neighborhood according to a post on Nextdoor.

According to the Monday night release from the Flagstaff Police Department, Daniel Paduchowski’s arrest came after interviews with family members, witnesses and the processing of evidence.

Wow, didn’t see that one coming. But thought going for a run in Arizona at that time of day was strange. Yet another DV situation, sigh.

Did he unalive Kelly and stage her vehicle at the trailhead?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t see that coming either- thank god for thoroughly interviewing people close to her otherwise this could have gone down as a search exactly as he staged it, we’ve seen plenty of misadventure deaths on trails such as this. Sending support and love to her family :(

*Kelly Paduchowski was reported missing on June 30 after she went jogging and swimming. Flagstaff Police say after interviewing family members, Kelly's husband, Daniel Paduchowski, was arrested. He is accused of aggravated assault."The investigation is ongoing and the number one priority is to locate Kelly," the police department said.

I didn’t see that coming either- thank god for thoroughly interviewing people close to her otherwise this could have gone down as a search exactly as he staged it, we’ve seen plenty of misadventure deaths on trails such as this. Sending support and love to her family :(
I also didn't see this arrest coming and assumed we had yet another person lost on a trail in the summer heat.

Thank goodness for evidence and interviews. But, still, need to find her.

jmo

But thought going for a run in Arizona at that time of day was strange...
Flagstaff is at 7,000' (2,134 m) elev. Even around noon, temps would be pleasant for a run/hike.
Did he unalive Kelly and stage her vehicle at the trailhead?
Yes, if she was already injured or worse, why search the trail -- unless she was seen and identified by other trail users?

Yeah for LE identifying the husband as the perp in a very short period of time.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of details end up being shared about this. I have so many questions about what could have happened - that trail is a pretty popular hiking area. It's not especially remote or secluded. Even midday there would have been others out. Flagstaff isn't all that hot relative to the rest of AZ so it's not unusual for people to be out on the trails even in the heat.

Whether she was actually there or her husband drove the car there to stage it, you would think somebody had to have seen something. This town is surrounded by national forest and a million more remote trailheads so if it was staged, I wonder if that was purposely so her car would be found very quickly.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of details end up being shared about this. I have so many questions about what could have happened - that trail is a pretty popular hiking area. It's not especially remote or secluded. Even midday there would have been others out. Flagstaff isn't all that hot relative to the rest of AZ so it's not unusual for people to be out on the trails even in the heat.

Whether she was actually there or her husband drove the car there to stage it, you would think somebody had to have seen something. This town is surrounded by national forest and a million more remote trailheads so if it was staged, I wonder if that was purposely so her car would be found very quickly.
I'm thinking the car at the trailhead was staged.

How far from her house was the trailhead?

jmo

The missing persons reports don't tell us how LE got the information she was going for a run and then swimming afterwards.

It doesn't specify that she left phone messages or posted anything online. Is this information that came from the husband that has now been arrested for some degree of causing bodily harm to her?

She could be anywhere. I would be very concerned the car at the trailhead was, indeed, staged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahtnamaS_06
Back