AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or someone could always Vinelink. On my way to meeting or I would check myself.

Boyfriend denies involvement in teen's 'suspicious' disappearance

“If he was really concerned he would have been at her apartment every single day, checking in with the roommate and all that stuff, trying to see if she’s come back or not, and he hasn’t done that,” said Bergman’s sister, Braydee Bragg.

“I had nothing to do with anything that’s going on,” Clark said in a video interview published Thursday night on azcentral.com. "I love Kiera with all my heart, I want Kiera to come home."

Bergman’s mother told 12 News Friday she watched the interview and was skeptical.

“There’s no emotion. If you’re truly worried, there should be emotion there. It just seemed to me the whole time he tried to make himself look like a victim,” said Kiersten Bragg.

“If he truly was worried, there would’ve been emotion there and there was nothing.”

Boyfriend denies involvement in teen's 'suspicious' disappearance

“If he was really concerned he would have been at her apartment every single day, checking in with the roommate and all that stuff, trying to see if she’s come back or not, and he hasn’t done that,” said Bergman’s sister, Braydee Bragg.

“I had nothing to do with anything that’s going on,” Clark said in a video interview published Thursday night on azcentral.com. "I love Kiera with all my heart, I want Kiera to come home."

Bergman’s mother told 12 News Friday she watched the interview and was skeptical.

“There’s no emotion. If you’re truly worried, there should be emotion there. It just seemed to me the whole time he tried to make himself look like a victim,” said Kiersten Bragg.

“If he truly was worried, there would’ve been emotion there and there was nothing.”

'“They treated me like a suspect from the jump … If the police even had a shred of evidence to say I had anything to do with this, they would not of [sic] let me go,” Clark told 12 News via online messaging before his arrest.'

We've heard similar before, eg Mark Redwine.

5b774e26e4b05906b413bcf6.jpg

https://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/athena/files/2018/08/17/5b774e26e4b05906b413bcf6.jpg

" If the police even had a shred of evidence to say I had anything to do with this..."

When suspects say stuff like that, they sound so GUILTY. It's like saying 'Go ahead, try to prove it.' It is NOT saying I am totally innocent. It is saying 'you guys don't have any proof.'

And it is stupid because it is challenging authorities to find some.

So that must be from Kiera's bf/ex-bf, JC Clark, to Kiera's father/stepfather? Kiera Bergman has a different last name than her parents, Chris and Kiersten Bragg. Also, looking at a photo of Mr and Mrs Bragg--unlikely they produced a child who looks like Kiera.

Guessing Chris, the father, is her stepfather? Troubling hints of abuse leveled at Kiera's (step)father/Chris Bragg in that message from Kiera's bf/ex-bf JC Clark

Kiera may have known or strongly suspected what Clark was doing with the identity theft/forgery.

Just a thought, Kiera worked in a furniture leasing store. Did they take payments over the phone? I wonder if he could have pressured her into getting customer financial information? Could that be the reason she left work early that day? Had someone at Progressive discovered something, maybe even talked to Kiera? They get home, she threatens to tell the truth, or call the cops, he goes nuts and hurts her? But how would he get her out of the apartment? It's a ground floor unit, but there is a fair distance of sidewalk to get to the p-lot. Middle of the day, that's going to look suspicious.

I guess he could be lying about going back to the apartment. He could have driven out to the desert and harmed her there. I wonder if they have his cell records yet, the pings will tell the story.

So that must be from Kiera's bf/ex-bf, JC Clark, to Kiera's father/stepfather? Kiera Bergman has a different last name than her parents, Chris and Kiersten Bragg. Also, looking at a photo of Mr and Mrs Bragg--unlikely they produced a child who looks like Kiera.

Guessing Chris, the father, is her stepfather? Troubling hints of abuse leveled at Kiera's (step)father/Chris Bragg in that message from Kiera's bf/ex-bf JC Clark

Yes sorry, the messages were at a link in DL's Huff Post article.

Clark and Bragg both told HuffPost they did not get along, even before Bergman’s disappearance, which heightened tensions. Bragg said Clark sent him a Facebook message on Tuesday in which the boyfriend threatened to “kick my teeth in.” Clark admitted sending the message to Bragg and provided HuffPost with screenshots of the conversation.
Boyfriend Of Missing Phoenix Teen Kiera Bergman Refuses Polygraph Test: Exclusive | HuffPost

"Bragg said Hall-Chand had not been in communication with his family since last Saturday, when she let them inside the apartment she shared with their daughter and Clark. HuffPost was unable to contact Hall-Chand."

This is so odd to me. Why would she cut off the family? I would think her best friend would be with the family handing out flyers etc.

I have seen it many times where a suspect is arrested on unrelated charges just to hold them until they get more evidence. So I have to think the boyfriend is suspect number 1. But I still feel like the roommate and her bf seem like they are hiding something.

[RSBM for focus]
Just a thought, Kiera worked in a furniture leasing store. Did they take payments over the phone? I wonder if he could have pressured her into getting customer financial information? Could that be the reason she left work early that day? Had someone at Progressive discovered something, maybe even talked to Kiera? They get home, she threatens to tell the truth, or call the cops, he goes nuts and hurts her? But how would he get her out of the apartment? It's a ground floor unit, but there is a fair distance of sidewalk to get to the p-lot. Middle of the day, that's going to look suspicious.

I guess he could be lying about going back to the apartment. He could have driven out to the desert and harmed her there. I wonder if they have his cell records yet, the pings will tell the story.
I thought of a possible connection between Kiera’s job and the identity theft charges against Clark as I laid awake in bed last night.

There is a good possibility, IMO, that the reason you mentioned is indeed why she left work early that day.

Perhaps she went to work that morning, her employer told her she had been terminated and that they were going to press charges against her.

Clark picks her up from work, Kiera tells him what happened, he freaks out thinking he himself could be arrested, and harms her.

Whether the crime would have taken at the apartment or elsewhere, my question would be how and by whom her car was returned to the apartment.

I suppose it’s possible that it was found in the parking lot at Progressive and LE isn’t releasing that information.

Or maybe Kiera and Hall-Chand drove to work together in H-C’s car that morning, which may also explain why Kiera had Clark pick her up from work: She wouldn’t have had her own car there. Another possibility is that Clark was already driving Kiera’s car that day. Either of these scenarios would allow Clark to drive Kiera and himself back to the apartment or elsewhere, harm her, get rid of the body, drive the car back to the apartment and also place her belongings there. I get the impression he wasn’t at the apartment when H-C returned to the apartment that night, in which case he could have gotten an Uber or had someone pick him up. By the way, from David’s article last night:

“Bragg said he was told Hall-Chand and Clark called police together, but Clark left before the police showed up, ‘which was odd,’ he said. Clark acknowledged he left before police arrived, saying he was ‘staying with a friend’ at the time and was unable to connect with investigators until they picked him up Monday.” (BBM)
Boyfriend Of Missing Phoenix Teen Kiera Bergman Refuses Polygraph Test: Exclusive | HuffPost

So maybe it was the friend he was staying with that was able to give him a ride Saturday night, though I don’t necessarily give much credence particularly to this part of his story. For one thing, it doesn’t even explain why he had to leave before LE got to the apartment. Why and how would Clark “‘staying with a friend’ at the time,” prevent him from waiting for LE’s arrival? It makes no logical sense, IMO.

They weren't text messages. They were supposedly Facebook messages, per my interviews with the dad and boyfriend today. They both said her phone service had been turned off and she could only send messages via FB and only when she had Internet access. It's unclear if investigators have been able to determine which hotspot was being used to send the alleged messages. Both men also said they have not seen the messages.

I am so confused as the roommate said she got a text from Bergman saying she would get ahold of her when she charged her phone?

If I'm at work with my friend/roommate and she is obviously upset, I'm going to ask her what's wrong. If she up and left before her shift was over, I'd be even more curious. Were they the only two people there that day? Was there other employees that could back up that story? If so, did none of them question what was going on with her? I find this odd, but maybe it's just because I'm nosy.

Like I said before - the video of the BF was a bit telling to me. I assume LE has interviewed her place of employment and obtained any video footage from them. I strongly believe BF, roommate and her BF know - at least one and up to three of them. Perhaps they were ALL in on the forgery even. All I can say is if my 17 year old came home with a BF like that I would be far less than impressed and not trust him. I haven't met Kiera's BF and I don't trust him. (MOO). But again, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member