AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right, @inmyhumbleopinion. I think a special warrant is a request for warrant-related information. I think this "special warrant" entry is for the information collected incident to his arrest - DNA sample, finger prints, any tracking, etc., that he said happened when the "10 officers" came to his car.

Just reading between the lines I think the original search of the car and him was connected to Kiera's disappearance, and only when they searched they found evidence of unrelated crimes that he was charged with. I think if the original warrant was for forgery, it would be collapsed under the forgery case. Good catch!
Thank you so much for sharing your expertise, @Alethea .

I did a cursory search on special search warrants online and came across several articles that said they are often used to collect DNA samples and electronic records.

From a Huff Post article:
“According to Clark, Phoenix police picked him up for questioning on Aug. 13 and served a search warrant on his phone, car and the place he was staying.

DNA was one of the stipulations of the court order, so they took my DNA ― did swabs, all kinds of fingerprints, my wrists, hands, everything ― and took numerous pictures of me and my tattoos,’ Clark said.” (BBM)
Boyfriend Of Missing Phoenix Teen Kiera Bergman Arrested | HuffPost

So according to Clark, all of this happened on August 13th, while court records show the Search Warrant Issuance Order wasn’t filed until August 24th.

Do you think it’s safe to assume the warrant was executed on Aug. 13th, and simply wasn’t filed until 11 days later? That’s probably what happened, IMO, but I’m also wondering another search warrant was issued around Aug. 24 for additional evidence.

IIRC, didn't they go back to the apartment more recently and search again after her body was found. If I am remembering that correctly, then the search warrant may relate to that. Hope I'm not confusing her with another case.

So according to Clark, all of this happened on August 13th, while court records show the Search Warrant Issuance Order wasn’t filed until August 24th.

Do you think it’s safe to assume the warrant was executed on Aug. 13th, and simply wasn’t filed until 11 days later? That’s probably what happened, IMO, but I’m also wondering another search warrant was issued around Aug. 24 for additional evidence.

(Snipped) I think that's what happened. I do not practice in Arizona but most states and counties give LE a certain amount of time (up to a month) to file the warrant with the court. Any confidential or sensitive information would need to be redacted before it becomes public record so they aren't expected to file it immediately. If it is going to be sealed, they would need to apply to file it under seal too. Within 2 weeks sounds really reasonable to me.

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise, @Alethea .

I did a cursory search on special search warrants online and came across several articles that said they are often used to collect DNA samples and electronic records.

From a Huff Post article:
“According to Clark, Phoenix police picked him up for questioning on Aug. 13 and served a search warrant on his phone, car and the place he was staying.

DNA was one of the stipulations of the court order, so they took my DNA ― did swabs, all kinds of fingerprints, my wrists, hands, everything ― and took numerous pictures of me and my tattoos,’ Clark said.” (BBM)
Boyfriend Of Missing Phoenix Teen Kiera Bergman Arrested | HuffPost

Hence the second search of Kiera's apartment?

PHOENIX - Phoenix police say investigators have developed probable cause to charge the ex-boyfriend of Kiera Bergman in the teen's death.

Jon Clark was previously arrested after detectives found evidence of identity theft and forgery while searching his car as part of the investigation into Bergman's disappearance.

Now, police have recommended Clark be charged with first-degree murder, improper removal of a body, and evidence tampering in Bergman's death.
Kiera Bergman update: Phoenix police recommend charges against ex-boyfriend

Hence the second search of Kiera's apartment?

It could be but I don't think the search warrant for her apartment would be filed in his case, I think it would be under the general investigation of her disappearance. I think this is the filing of the original arrest/search warrant where they took DNA and pictures of him. I could be wrong though, things do not appear to be filed the same way they are in the states where I practice.

It could be but I don't think the search warrant for her apartment would be filed in his case, I think it would be under the general investigation of her disappearance. I think this is the filing of the original arrest/search warrant where they took DNA and pictures of him. I could be wrong though, things do not appear to be filed the same way they are in the states where I practice.
Hit refresh!!!! They charged JC!!!!!!

PHOENIX - Phoenix police say investigators have developed probable cause to charge the ex-boyfriend of Kiera Bergman in the teen's death.

Jon Clark was previously arrested after detectives found evidence of identity theft and forgery while searching his car as part of the investigation into Bergman's disappearance.

Now, police have recommended Clark be charged with first-degree murder, improper removal of a body, and evidence tampering in Bergman's death.
Kiera Bergman update: Phoenix police recommend charges against ex-boyfriend

I'm so glad to see this! Hopefully soon we'll know what the probable cause is.

So happy that finally had enough to charge this !

Really interested to see what they have on him. Also curious if the roommate and her BF had any hand in it or at least knows what happened, because their behavior has been equally bizarre.

JC is such an arrogant conman, he really thought he fooled everyone. Her parents knew right from the start who it was.

Yep. I said from day one it was him. His video had signs to me. I wish it wasn’t so but I knew it. LE was so tight lipped I think they knew it too.

Yep. I said from day one it was him. His video had signs to me. I wish it wasn’t so but I knew it. LE was so tight lipped I think they knew it too.

Maybe they knew all along but were waiting to find the body. I hope they have solid evidence that he can't try to explain his way out of. I worry about the slimy ones, you only need one juror to buy his SODDI defense to have a problem. Much harder to make when the murder weapon is in your car or something like that.

“Phoenix police say 23-year-old Jon Clark killed 19-year-old El Cajon native, Kiera Bergman. Bergman’s parents suspected Clark, saying their daughter broke up with him the day she went missing @10News” (BBM)

Anthony Pura on Twitter

I love this photo of Kiera.

Dm23rBDU0AAtYZz

“Kiera's family say they're not surprised Phoenix police recommended prosecutors file murder charges against their daughter’s ex-boyfriend.

‘I pray this opens up young women's eyes to dangers that are out there,’ said Kiera’s mother Kiersten Bragg.

[SBM]

Bergman moved from El Cajon to Phoenix back in March to live with Jon Clark after dating for just five months.

Her family says the two frequently argued and called Clark controlling.

Bergman was last seen Aug. 4.

We know they broke up that day,’ said Chris Bragg. ‘We don't know if he was angry about that or... we just don't know.’

Police aren't releasing much information about what happened that day.

[SBM]

Kiera's family says he met their daughter online after a friend created a tinder profile for her without her knowledge.

Now they hope this serves as a cautionary tale

‘Think twice before you get involved with certain people because I would hate to see other parents go through this,’ said Kiersten Bragg. ‘It's the worst feeling in the world.’

Phoenix Police have recommended charges including first-degree murder, improper removal of a body and evidence tampering against Clark.” (BBM)
Police say missing El Cajon woman was murdered by ex-boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member