GUILTY AZ - Madeline 'Maddie' Jones, 19 & William Jones-Gouchenour, 9 mos, found safe, Mesa, 15 Jun 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, they are saying she basically walked away with the baby and took absolutely nothing with her? To walk to her attorney's for 1 1/2 hours, then walk to the friend's gathering? That seems unlikely.

So, they are saying she basically walked away with the baby and took absolutely nothing with her? To walk to her attorney's for 1 1/2 hours, then walk to the friend's gathering? That seems unlikely.

I agree. Doesn't add up[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.azfamily.com/clip/13425677/mesa-mother-is-missing-along-with-her-baby

Husband and ex mother in law speaking out. Says Madeline has history of irrational behavior, and the court awarded him visitation and Madeline doesn't like it. Begging for her to bring him back. HOW STRANGE is this! Judge granted HIM full custody of the baby!

He has only seen his son twice since birth, and that has been under supervision. Hmmm.... IMO, and based on personal experience, there is a reason for that. JMO

It tells me that she made a split second decision.

Maybe. Or maybe she had a plan, if she truly feared him. With a little smarts and proper connections, she could safely vanish. That's my best scenario at the moment. IMO JMO

Maybe. Or maybe she had a plan, if she truly feared him. With a little smarts and proper connections, she could safely vanish. That's my best scenario at the moment. IMO JMO

But why vanish without taking a car seat, diaper bag and money at least? Those things are untraceable. My concern is that not taking them means she won't be needing them.

He has only seen his son twice since birth, and that has been under supervision. Hmmm.... IMO, and based on personal experience, there is a reason for that. JMO
In most cases that would be true that there was something to it. However, in this case the judge just awarded emergency sole custody to the father and a warrant was issued for the child. I don't think the judge would do so if there was concern that the father was a danger to the child.

If you read the docket at the link posted earlier you can see that the divorce litigation started some 3 months prior to the birth of the child. There was even a motion for a paternity test. And the docket clearly shows this being a contentious adversarial proceeding with all the bells and whistles - continuances, changing attorneys in mid-flight to drag things on, etc.

But why vanish without taking a car seat, diaper bag and money at least? Those things are untraceable. My concern is that not taking them means she won't be needing them.

I definitely agree with those concerns.

I feel that if she fled on her own (with secret help), she would let her mother know that she and baby are okay ... unless her mother talks too much and would give it away. Does she have a burner phone? Who knows? But if she got help she had to have set it up. It might take time to research ALL the possible connections that would put their necks out for her.

<modsnip> This is a LE issue, a legal issue. She needs to bring the baby back and deal with her consequences. Once she gets through all that, she can start over with everything. She is a smart and beautiful young girl. She has a bright future. Given the complex and hostile circumstances, add in immaturity and inability to see into the distant future, a 19 year old's impetuous behavior can be forgiven and looked past, once atoned.

I sincerely hope this is what has occurred. Because as MSG is thinking, her leaving with no means points to no plan of return. And after so many days, that might be the grim reality. Logically, how far could she have gone before the elements of the day (heat, no water, etc) forced her to stop?

Based on the below weather conditions, my conclusion is that she didn't walk far if she really left on foot. Where would they need to search if she decided to go and do something tragically permanent, if she walked away from McKellips Road / Stapley Drive in Mesa? Who saw her walk away at 5:30 pm?

Mesa, AZ - Weather on June 15, 2017 reached 105* that day. It was still around that temp at 5:30 pm when she supposedly left, and still at least 100* by 7:30 pm. It was dark by 9:30 pm, but a pretty bright moon, and still hot. June 16 it was 80* at 6:00 am and got up to 107* that day.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=
attachment.php

histGraphAll

Attachments

• sunlight maddie jones.JPG
    sunlight maddie jones.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 509
Could she have been involved with another man that could have helped her leave? Looking at the case information, it's been an ugly court battle and that doesn't happen without some awful stuff occurring to provoke it. I personally would have left too, if the situation was anything near what her mom has described. And having another individual involved to assist her could explain taking nothing with her. It could have already been ready and waiting for her.

Cameras everywhere near McKellips Road and Stapley Drive in Mesa, az. LE should be able to determine if she walked, got a ride, or was taken based on cameras in the area.

attachment.php

Attachments

• maddie jones walk.JPG
    maddie jones walk.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 513
As much as I fear this is what happened, I don't like to think about the details. But if I were helping search I would focus on checking structures within a few mile radius, old abandoned cars, any bodies of water, even property out in the open since heat stroke and dehydration are a real possibility.

Could she have been involved with another man that could have helped her leave? Looking at the case information, it's been an ugly court battle and that doesn't happen without some awful stuff occurring to provoke it. I personally would have left too, if the situation was anything near what her mom has described. And having another individual involved to assist her could explain taking nothing with her. It could have already been ready and waiting for her.

That would be a best-case scenario.

As much as I fear this is what happened, I don't like to think about the details. But if I were helping search I would focus on checking structures within a few mile radius, old abandoned cars, any bodies of water, even property out in the open since heat stroke and dehydration are a real possibility.
Well, anytime there is water nearby I get concerned. Madeline lives with her parents right next to the canal you see in the map posted previously.

The friend she was going to visit ... have they been cooperative or provided information?

couple of quick thoughts. Yes, it is HOT here, but we do walk around outside here, some of us quite a bit, some of us even continue to hike. It would seem impossible to a tourist, but it absolutely happens. We get accustomed to it, and it is dry. That said, do I think she walked anywhere really? no, just wanted to say it is not completely out of the realm.

Also IMO - if there was someone in the canal, they'd have been found pretty quickly.

Sadly, I think she and her baby have been secreted away by someone with bad intentions.

couple of quick thoughts. Yes, it is HOT here, but we do walk around outside here, some of us quite a bit, some of us even continue to hike. It would seem impossible to a tourist, but it absolutely happens. We get accustomed to it, and it is dry. That said, do I think she walked anywhere really? no, just wanted to say it is not completely out of the realm.

Also IMO - if there was someone in the canal, they'd have been found pretty quickly.

Sadly, I think she and her baby have been secreted away by someone with bad intentions.

lol I don't walk anywhere here, not in this heat! And certainly not with a baby. But that is my personal preference. I own 2 vehicles so, I don't have to. I agree that it's not unimaginable.

I am hoping otherwise. I am hoping she left and had help. If she had an appointment with her attorney, she had an opportunity to leave the home and not be expected for a bit. She had an opportunity to get out of a bad situation. Really hoping to get an update soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper