GUILTY AZ - Matthew Vandergriff, 6 wks, tortured to death, Bullhead City, 15 June 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The depravity in this world still shocks me. The inadequate sentences for such depravity enrages me. We must work to get stiffer sentences in all states for child abuse crimes.

Staci Barbosa's sentencing was rescheduled due to scheduling conflicts with her lawyer, the new date is March 2.

Making this case even sadder, one cannot find a picture of baby Matthew anywhere.

Poor little guy, suffered in this cruel world for one month, and not even a photo to remember him by.

Searching the case against the monster who (allegedly) tortured and murdered this poor little baby, one finds he has SEVEN lawyers listed and countless court motions, hearings, etc.

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

Look under Mohave County Superior Court,
case number CR-201000580

and scroll down the page. I would be surprised if this case comes to trial in the next three years.

Pure insanity, our court system.

RIP, little Matthew.

Searching the case against the monster who (allegedly) tortured and murdered this poor little baby, one finds he has SEVEN lawyers listed and countless court motions, hearings, etc.

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

Look under Mohave County Superior Court,
case number CR-201000580

and scroll down the page. I would be surprised if this case comes to trial in the next three years.

Pure insanity, our court system.

RIP, little Matthew.

Jon is supposedly still pleading not guilty. His original lawyer has refused to leave the case even though Jon is now indigent and the state his paying for his defense. This is the same lawyer who tried to get visitation between Jon and his then 2 year old baby girl.

A "relative" is paying the monster lip service by saying Jon claims he is responsible for his baby's death because he "just left him to die". They claim Jon worked 12 to 14 hour days while other people came and went from the house. Also Staci supposedly had a brother living at the house. All this from a "family member". If I had a family member who was responsible for his child's death he would be lucky police got to him before I did and I sure would not be spreading SODDI rumors.

You know what I find REALLY sad.
When the thread title "Sexually abused and battered one-month-old dies" triggers the thought "Which baby is that again?"

I honestly think we need identifying things in the title.
In this case, it could be "Baby Matthew: Sexually abused and battered one-month-old dies."
That would also at least give him a name back... so he's not just the baby that was killed.

Since there is multiple 1 month old babies in this situation... the name with the babies that died...
Or something else identifying with those who survived would help keep it straight.

That... is just frightening that it's even needed. That the age is not enough.
Think we can do that mods?

I requested the change in the title of the thread.

((hugs to all)) and RIP little man. :(

Making this case even sadder, one cannot find a picture of baby Matthew anywhere.

Poor little guy, suffered in this cruel world for one month, and not even a photo to remember him by.

There are no pictures. Can you imagine? Such a horrific case.

I find it so sad there are no pictures. I take at least 10 a day of my son. A whole month and there's none? R.I.P Matthew.

It could possibly be that the only pictures of baby Matthew that exist are those taken by the police of his battered body.

Sad beyond words.

It could possibly be that the only pictures of baby Matthew that exist are those taken by the police of his battered body.

Sad beyond words.

I wish they could have edited those like they did with Brianna...

Thank you for the thread title change Mods. :seeya:

Sad beyond words.

I've had contact with the administrator of this FB page for Matthew in the past, I have every reason to believe she is legit - she has very recently gotten a picture of Matthew and posted it but has asked for it not to be "shared" (she believes it is the only photo ever taken of him in life) so until I have a chance to contact her, here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=205471176214917&set=a.182396898522345.39847.178968368865198&type=1&theater

Matthew was precious, beautiful and perfect in every way. What they did to his little body still makes me sick to think about.

RIP little Angel.

Please if you can get permission to post it here, I would love to add it to the beginning of the thread.
Just like his name is now in the title... his picture should be here as well.
I can also edit it a bit for the facebook page as well. The red eye and/or make it black and white so that people don't ask about the pink outfit.

I've had contact with the administrator of this FB page for Matthew in the past, I have every reason to believe she is legit - she has very recently gotten a picture of Matthew and posted it but has asked for it not to be "shared" (she believes it is the only photo ever taken of him in life) so until I have a chance to contact her, here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=205471176214917&set=a.182396898522345.39847.178968368865198&type=1&theater

Matthew was precious, beautiful and perfect in every way. What they did to his little body still makes me sick to think about.

RIP little Angel.

I would hope we do get the permission to add his pic to this thread.

Matthew's Warriors Rock!

<<snipped>>
&#8203;A story we wrote a few years ago about a Bullhead City couple accused of killing their newborn baby during what's described by authorities as a "brutal" sexual attack has been getting a lot of attention as of late -- and we have no idea why.

Regardless, we figured we'd provide an update on the case.

McPhillips says there hasn't been much progress in the case since the couple's arrest -- much thanks to their defense attorney filing numerous motions claiming there was a conflict with several different judges who ended up with the case.

Now, however, there's a new defense attorney, and McPhillips says the case now has some "forward momentum."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2012/02/no_death_penalty_for_bullhead.php

Jon Vandergriff is due in court Feb 14.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje
Back