GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help thinking that losing a job as a pilot must have been very hard - both professionally and financially. I don't know what grade he was at when he had to quit but it must have been financially hard to take. Then there are the stories about the nearby desert being known for drugs and I can't help but wonder if this could have been seen as a "quick way to make some money then get out"... jmo

Ok, Good. Thanks! :)
Since they are cousins, and Luke said he was there with his cousin, I wonder which cousin that would be?
Sometimes, I feel like this is a riddle.
This case boggles the mind at times!
IMOO.

I tend to think that Dillon was the cousin referenced but I could be wrong. I base that on their gf's being sisters that maybe they are really close. JMO

I agree.. But I question if she knew.. And perhaps she umm ummm may have been threatened in to doing things .. For money ..

Easterners, is an MTA detective ANYWHERE near as important as an LE detective? What would an MTA detective even do?

Burn up money and get in the way. He doesn't have anywhere near the resources LE has.

Ok, Good. Thanks! :)
Since they are cousins, and Luke said he was there with his cousin, I wonder which cousin that would be?
Sometimes, I feel like this is a riddle.
This case boggles the mind at times!
IMOO.

I always hated those riddles lol.

Steelman if you hadn't referenced being in construction a few posts back I would swear you were ex LE :)

I just hate to see the family waste their money, they may need it down the road for much bigger things. As big as this story has gotten, I have no doubt that LE is working it from every angle imaginable. They have the computers, forensics labs, evidence labs, subpoena power, data sources and networking that a single P.I. isn't going to have working this by himself.

I normally wouldn't have a problem with a P.I. getting involved after a case has gone cold and the cops have all but given up on it. It helps to review things and try to find clues that where overlooked. Jumping into the mix this early in the game is only going to be beneficial if the P.I. is able to uncover and provide information to LE investigators that is unknown by them.

Theory: The T-Bird Farms arsonist lives on the family compound. Mike and Tina knew who it was and were going to report this person to the authorities. The arsonist becomes a murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's an article about the T-Bird Farms arsonist, with quotes from Tina (no last name listed but I think its safe to assume its Tina Careccia). http://www.copamonitor.com/news/local/article_7dfc1af2-5baa-11e4-836d-2799a43fbf32.html Talks about how they basically lost everything 9/24/2014. Picture shows their trailer and house under construction on fire.

What is an MTA detective? Also, who hired him and why would he speak publicly about his opinions? Weird.

What is an MTA detective? Also, who hired him and why would he speak publicly about his opinions? Weird.
It sounds like Mike Perry, Tina's brother, hired him per the article.

The PI is a former transit detective, whatever that is. All I can imagine is someone investigating kids jumping the turnstiles, but maybe I just have a negative view of most PIs. The General PI MO seems to be attract attention for the PI him or herself whilst dragging the family along so they can get paid as much as possible. JMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Police

Police Districts[edit]

The districts of the M.T.A. Police Department include:

Specialized Units[edit]

The department has the following specialized units (details):​

• Detective Division
  • Inter-agency Counterterrorism Task Force (ICTF)
  • Executive Protection Unit
  • Emergency Services Unit (ESU) [SUP][3][/SUP]
  • Canine Unit (K-9)
  • Highway Patrol [SUP][4][/SUP]
  • Communications Unit
  • Internal Affairs Bureau
  • Technology & System Development (TSD)
  • Right of Way Task Force (ROW)

It sounds like Mike Perry, Tina's brother, hired him per the article.

The PI is a former transit detective, whatever that is. All I can imagine is someone investigating kids jumping the turnstiles, but maybe I just have a negative view of most PIs. The General PI MO seems to be attract attention for the PI him or herself whilst dragging the family along so they can get paid as much as possible. JMO.

Well, on the video at 46 seconds there is a retirement award for him on his bookshelf from the Metropolitan Transit Authority Police Benevolent Association.

http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...ate-investigator-suspects-foul-play/29383027/

Here is some history on the PBA:
http://www.mtapba.com/pba-history/

Snipped by me... more at link:

"The two departments began the task of merging the departments immediately and on January 1, 1998 the two departments officially became the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Department."

ETA: From same link above from the PBA.
"On August 10, 1998 the members of both unions voted and formed the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Benevolent Association."

Metropolitan Transit Authority. There were quite a few killed on 911 when they went into the towers. They are trained LE.

So, it looks like the PI is qualified, to me.
Maybe there will be new information.
Hopefully, Mike and Tina will be found soon.
IMOO.

I'm so lost. All I know is a husband and wife are missing. Nothing says the house has been searched but I bet it was. Hope they are ok.

There was something that I wondered if it could be possible. I wondered if someone could have kidnapped the couple and driven them away (possibly in the white SUV) and taken them to an area where a small plane was hidden and forced Michael to fly the plane on a drug run, possibly threatening to kill his wife if he didn't cooperate. Maybe an accomplice could have driven the family's car somewhere and then put it back near the home and walked off or been picked up by someone. Did the unlocked car have the keys in the ignition when it was found? Did police try using tracking dogs to look for the scent of the couple near the home and near the car? Were there fingerprints on the steering wheel of the car not belonging to the couple, or on the door handles of the car or elsewhere in the car? How much gas was left in the car? Had someone stopped and put gas in it recently? How far is the nearest gas station and does it have video cameras? This is a very puzzling case but I don't think the couple left on their own willingly, especially when she didn't take her purse and they haven't used their phones or bank accounts and haven't contacted anyone in the family. It appears that they didn't pack extra clothes and personal items when they left the house. Is Tina scheduled to be at work and missing work? No request for vacation time? Did either one of the couple need any medication that they may not have taken with them?

1. My first thoughts were the Son did something. Then, knowing the cousin was there and the whole arson thing......boy, an imagination can get away from you. The fact the last place they were seen was the house, the car found near the house, the purse. Everything involves the Son. If they were accosted at the house, surely it would have woke the Son & Cousin.

2. The strange coincidence of the bank robbery and striking resemblance. You just cannot dismiss it, even though the police are. That is likely strategic. Someone could have made her rob a bank, whether it's her husband or someone else. Perhaps her husband and children's lives were threatened. OR, she could be in collusion? This variable completely throws me. It seems a lot of tragedy has befallen this couple........

Disabled, A Foreclosure, Fire destroying home & contents, Now Missing........It would make a lot of people desperate. I do know usually if a Pilot is disabled they usually get a pretty decent monthly stipend. I have a Pilot friend who was paid quite well for many years after he caught a fish hook in the eye (ugh!) and was never able to fly commercially again. I saw thru Tina's FB page where she mentioned a pic Mike's FO (First Officer) took of a pretty cool lightning strike off of an airliner. So, he had to have been a Captain.

I really don't know what to think. Bizarre for certain. I hope answers come soon.

Anyway, It is all too weird.

Being used to a Captain's income and perhaps losing that would make one quite desperate. Just because you can't fly commercially doesn't mean you can't fly another type of a/c. I don't know if it's the suggestion by the P I.....but, the husband is starting to be very intriguing. All JMO. Just throwing it all out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73