GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been talked about a lot, but... if phone is missing then her purse should be missing. women don't put their phone in their pocket, they put it in their purse.

I think this started at the home... and if there is a perp it's a male, and somewhat clueless on the habits of women.

Mine is always in my pocket so I can get to it instead of digging through a purse.

I'm sure this has been previously mentioned, but are they not releasing cell phone records? Do we know when the phone(s) were last used??

I might be imagining this because I can't find a link now, but I want to say that both cell phones were turned off at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really struggling to find a motive within all the info we have available....drugs/business partners/unhappily married/massive money worries.....all the typical indicators seem to be unlikely looking at the solid info (not assumptions or guesses) we have so far.

A kidnapper would not allow them to take their phones so does that rule out stranger abduction? Jmo

I might be imagining this because I can't find a link now, but I want to say that both cell phones were turned off at some point?

I distinctly remember that. However things disappear in this case. So maybe we are all in a websleuths dream😕

June 26: http://www.kfvs12.com/story/29421554/family-of-missing-couple-not-giving-up
Family members are baffled as to how the couple could just vanish without a trace. Checks of their bank accounts, phones and emails have shown no activity since Sunday night.

Jun 24: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/24/ng.01.html
PARASO: The cell phones -- from what I understand, the cell phones are off, and so I`m not sure if they took the cell phones with them or not, but they`re not having any luck tracking them because the cell phones are off.

GRACE: OK, the reality is, there`s no way to track a cell phone if the phone is turned off. My question, though, would be, Marc Klaas, Klaas Kids Foundation, when were the cell phones turned off? Did they ping at any time that morning? And have they been recovered? Were they still in
the car and the mom and dad are out of the car? Or do they have their cell phones somewhere and they`re merely turned off?

KLAAS: Well, Nancy, it seems unusual that somebody would drive around with their cell phone turned off. It also seems unusual, as the previous guest said, that she would leave her pocketbook behind.

At this point I'm wondering if they have a white SUV stashed away somewhere, and connections to Kingsman 0.0

At this point I'm wondering if they have a white SUV stashed away somewhere, and connections to Kingsman 0.0

Do you mean Kingman, AZ? I'm guessing you're referring to the Sidney Cranston Jr. case in Northern AZ or I'm missing what you're saying.

The fact that the car was found so close to the house, to me, seems to indicate that either this is someone who knows them and lives nearby - IF someone did something to them. That is, it is not likely something happened in Mesa and someone just happened to drive the car back to that area. But we don't know how long the car was there. (The admin's on the FB site stated that it is in a rural area and there are no businesses or at least businesses with cameras.) Both phones were turned off, but we don't know when. I'd love to know what the cell phone history - pings, texts, etc. - shows to LE.

And I can't think of a motive. One author, John Lescroart, lists 14 motives for murder (assuming this happened and they didn't leave on their own):

To keep a secret (maybe)
Revenge (?maybe)
Frustration/hate (maybe)
Money/Greed (I'm ruling this out)
Sex/Jealousy (no word about anything close to this)
Property Dispute (nope, I'm ruling this one out)
Personal Vendetta (no word about this one, either)
Political (a definite 'no')
Class Conflict (No)
Narcotics (??? can't say)
Other Felonies (none mentioned and LE ruled out a connection to the bank robbery)
Urge to Protect (??? probably not)
I'd add domestic dispute and I don't see that here. This almost seems like a strong possibility that they left on their own.

There are just too many questions at this point.

Do you mean Kingman, AZ? I'm guessing you're referring to the Sidney Cranston Jr. case in Northern AZ or I'm missing what you're saying.

i think that is what Ragamuffin was linking, I too have wondering if there is a connection mainly because both cases are out of character for these missing people, it is odd for 3 people, with families, jobs and responsibilities to go missing in same month close-ish. Although in same state they are not geographically that close to each other, not sure if that is relevant.

Please be careful and let's not get this thread shut down. We are not supposed to be discussing that incident in Mesa as if it relates to this missing person. These threads are too important for so many reasons and people, please please be careful to mind our mods.

Sorry for my earlier post then. I didn't know the Mesa robbery could not be discussed. As for the missing couple, they lived at their property with her brother and his family as well correct? Maybe money motives involved from within family but like everyone is saying, we just don't know much at this point. So sad, hope they are found.

Sorry, my post should have read Kingman. I realize the cases are 99.99% not connected, but so little to go on with this case and Sidney's, well, just threw it out there.

The fact that the car was found so close to the house, to me, seems to indicate that either this is someone who knows them and lives nearby - IF someone did something to them. That is, it is not likely something happened in Mesa and someone just happened to drive the car back to that area. But we don't know how long the car was there. (The admin's on the FB site stated that it is in a rural area and there are no businesses or at least businesses with cameras.) Both phones were turned off, but we don't know when. I'd love to know what the cell phone history - pings, texts, etc. - shows to LE.

And I can't think of a motive. One author, John Lescroart, lists 14 motives for murder (assuming this happened and they didn't leave on their own):

To keep a secret (maybe)
Revenge (?maybe)
Frustration/hate (maybe)
Money/Greed (I'm ruling this out)
Sex/Jealousy (no word about anything close to this)
Property Dispute (nope, I'm ruling this one out)
Personal Vendetta (no word about this one, either)
Political (a definite 'no')
Class Conflict (No)
Narcotics (??? can't say)
Other Felonies (none mentioned and LE ruled out a connection to the bank robbery)
Urge to Protect (??? probably not)
I'd add domestic dispute and I don't see that here. This almost seems like a strong possibility that they left on their own.

There are just too many questions at this point.

Me personally I would not rule out money in some form or fashion. Jmo

Sorry for my earlier post then. I didn't know the Mesa robbery could not be discussed. As for the missing couple, they lived at their property with her brother and his family as well correct? Maybe money motives involved from within family but like everyone is saying, we just don't know much at this point. So sad, hope they are found.

I don't think I've heard of her brother living with them but it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

I think it is Mike's sister and her family, if I'm not mistaken.

There have been some questions about where the car was found, it is buried back in the first pages.

facing the southbound direction on Ralston between Julie and Mayer
Taken from an early missing poster: http://www.capitalbay.com/news/847075-fears-for-tina-and-michael-careccia-who-vanished-after-leaving-for-work.html

Careccia's son Luke, from his first marriage, found the couple's car less than a mile from the home, parked along a wall that enclosed a storage yard.
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/29421554/family-of-missing-couple-not-giving-up

From these descriptions you can go onto google maps/street view and see the exact location, it's next to a lane that runs behind their street. The car being in this specific location makes no sense unless someone wanted to quickly walk home without being seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill