GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally listened to the call. I wonder who was sitting there and helping him through the call. Also I found it strange to say their phones are "off", I know when I haven't been able to reach someone by phone I would say, "their phones keep going to voicemail, or phones go straight to voicemail" to say they are off seemed strange. Also the concern and request if they were going to send out something about the car etc.. that would be my last concern to even think about to ask the police but who knows, he is only 17. He did locate the car himself as well I believe correct? Not suspecting the son, but still feel answers are around that property. Praying they find them soon!

My husband just contacted our cell phone service, and they gave an explanation that when the caller calls a number and if the phone is shut off, the caller will not hear any ring at all. If the voicemail is set up, it will automatically be routed to voicemail.

With that information, it would make sense that the family didn't mention about it going to voicemail first.
They would know the phones were off because it didn't ring, then went to voicemail if they had voicemail set up.
IMOO.

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

Subscribing to this new thread, even though I am about halfway through the first thread.

And :tyou: to all for the updates and links !

Someone from the compound could have abandoned the car where they did because they needed to get back into the compound without being noticed and certainly not seen driving the car...jmo

:eek: "Compound" ?

Seriously, who calls their home/property a "compound" ? It just has a more negative than positive connotation, IMO, when referring to your "home".

:scared::scared::scared:

Or maybe whoever drove the car left cell phones in the car and then brought in Tina's purse making it seem like she had left it atthe house. I bet that person could easily start talking/coaching the son, causing him to call the police. I don't understand why he is already so certain they are missing, unless another adult on the compound is telling him they are already missing. IMO

I'm thinking they don't call it a compound...I'm thinking that started here...because of the number of houses and people on the property

Sorry if this has already been posted, but here's an update from last night via the local media. This is just one of several local stories published, but it seems as though this outlet has the most information.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ility-in-couples-disappearance-abrk/29537059/

Missing Maricopa couple: PCSO says foul play possible
Jerod MacDonald-Evoy, The Republic | azcentral.com 7:34 p.m. MST June 30, 2015

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said Tuesday that investigators believe foul play to be a factor in the June 22 disappearance of a Maricopa couple.

Babeu said his agency had "evidence that suggests foul play." The Sheriff's Office did not elaborate on that evidence.

<modsnip>

Would the cell service provider be able to tell when the phones were turned off? Also, it is my understanding from following other cases that the phone can still be tracked as long as the battery is still in it. I wonder if the batteries were left in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This 17 minute raw video was Gold!!
They took out important information when they condensed it.
Like about where the phones were found.
By the way, the PI was also in the Air Force, from 1967 thru 1971 I believe.
He was an E-5 Staff Sergeant when he got out.
I thought, E-5 SSG, wouldn't that make him an E-6? Then seconds later it came to me, he said AF not Army!! :)
When he mentioned 1967, and I believe he said June 1967, it brought up my dad's first tour of Viet-Nam in my mind.
Those were not easy times. Scary. I think he said he was in Security?
Anyway, being in the MTA for almost 30 years, he has a wealth of experience.
I like this guy.
IMOO.

This 17 minute raw video was Gold!!
They took out important information when they condensed it.
Like about where the phones were found.
By the way, the PI was also in the Air Force, from 1967 thru 1971 I believe.
He was an E-5 Staff Sergeant when he got out.
I thought, E-5 SSG, wouldn't that make him an E-6? Then seconds later it came to me, he said AF not Army!! :)
When he mentioned 1967, and I believe he said June 1967, it brought up my dad's first tour of Viet-Nam in my mind.
Those were not easy times. Scary. I think he said he was in Security?
Anyway, being in the MTA for almost 30 years, he has a wealth of experience.
I like this guy.
IMOO.

I agree. And I am so glad you were able to watch the entire 17 minutes. [emoji4] I only got about 3 minutes in before it stopped. [emoji53]

I agree. And I am so glad you were able to watch the entire 17 minutes. [emoji4] I only got about 3 minutes in before it stopped. [emoji53]

I wasn't able to view the full 17 minutes though as there were breaks in it, but suffice to say I watched most of it.

Hi everyone, I, too, am new here. I live in the PHX area but used to live fairly close to the Hidden Valley/Tbird Farms area. That area has been rather sketchy for as long as I can remember going back to the 70's.
Im raising my third teenager right now and I can say that none of them would have a VIN number handy if they were calling 911. I thought it sounded like someone was coaching him, but, even if he wasn't being coached, I can't help but wonder why this responsibility fell on a 17 yo when there were so many other, older, people in the home.
Strange case!

Again, sorry if I'm chiming in annoyingly late, but regarding the use of the word "compound," it's not an uncommon way to describe a family's living situation around here. With the open land that's available and the infamous Phoenix sprawl, many large families purchased a lot of land for cheap and built several houses on it. I used to work with a fellow whose parents had a ton of acreage on the outskirts of one of our suburbs, and as wedding gifts for their children, they gave them parcels and built a house on each.

At the height of the real estate boom, I had friends who bought real estate on the outskirts of the metro-Phoenix area because they could get a lot of house/land for practically nothing. Maricopa, at one point, was a somewhat attractive investment because of this, and because it wasn't extremely far from some of the southern Phoenix suburbs (like Chandler, where Tina appeared to work). Large families living together or living within close proximity of each other on family-owned land is not totally unheard of here, and yes, many times, it's referred to as a compound (although sometimes jokingly).

Just my opinion.

Hi everyone, I, too, am new here. I live in the PHX area but used to live fairly close to the Hidden Valley/Tbird Farms area. That area has been rather sketchy for as long as I can remember going back to the 70's.
Im raising my third teenager right now and I can say that none of them would have a VIN number handy if they were calling 911. I thought it sounded like someone was coaching him, but, even if he wasn't being coached, I can't help but wonder why this responsibility fell on a 17 yo when there were so many other, older, people in the home.
Strange case!

Welcome!!! Great first post. [emoji3] It's definitely a strange case!

I'm thinking they don't call it a compound...I'm thinking that started here...because of the number of houses and people on the property

hey eventually reunited and merged their families--Tina with her 22-year-old daughter and two slightly younger sons and Michael with his two nearly adult sons--into one, with a goal of building a 'family compound' on the property where the close-knit family all lived together, reports AZcentral.com.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nity-aids-desperate-search.html#ixzz3eeeCeRqM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Would the cell service provider be able to tell when the phones were turned off? Also, it is my understanding from following other cases that the phone can still be tracked as long as the battery is still in it. I wonder if the batteries were left in.

Since you asked, my husband contacted our cell phone service again, and asked that question if our service would know when a phone would have been turned off, if they could retrieve that info.
They said that kind of detail is not available on their end, they only have details for the calls and messages or data use made.

Strange case!
yeah, I agree! Why didn't MC's Sister or Brother in-law call? Why upset a 17 year old?

Strange case!

:seeya: Hello and :wagon:

:welcome3:

Or maybe whoever drove the car left cell phones in the car and then brought in Tina's purse making it seem like she had left it atthe house. I bet that person could easily start talking/coaching the son, causing him to call the police. I don't understand why he is already so certain they are missing, unless another adult on the compound is telling him they are already missing. IMO
IMO the fact that the purse was left at home, seems extremely odd, and points to an inside job and a male.

Since you asked, my husband contacted our cell phone service again, and asked that question if our service would know when a phone would have been turned off, if they could retrieve that info.
They said that kind of detail is not available on their end, they only have details for the calls and messages or data use made.

They are not being 100% truthful with you. They know when the phones stopped pinging. Maybe not a call center employee, but their tech people have that info I am certain. May require subpoena. I would be interested in the following:

- Time of last calls/texts from phones
- Numbers called and/or texted.
- Time that the first calls started to go straight to voicemail.
- Last ping time and location.

I dont know if this was already asked but was the car leased or owned by the couple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member