GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do agree with you about not judging a book by it's cover.

I sincerely hope that this couple diid not participate in using Meth.
But it Appears that they did.
Their deaths must have been unbelievable.
Kill the husband, rape, and torture the wife.

I must have missed this somewhere.... where was it stated that she was raped and tortured? Is there a link?

I'm not sure about that but they might be able to get Social Security benefits as survivors since most of them I believe are still minors.

One boy is 17.....son of Michael. Daughter of Tina is 22 and the oldest. There is another son of Michaels and 2 sons of Tinas. I believe they are all over 18.
I had to look up the info because I was under the impression these were school age kids. Posters talking about bedtimes for the "children" and parents doing drugs in front of the "children"....seems all but 1 is a young adult. All living with Michael & Tina.

Yes. I am fully aware that meth is not an opiate. However many opiate addictions can and do lead to meth and/or heroin use just to avoid the painful withdrawal when they can no longer obtain their meds. I have dealt with this first hand with several family members, and ultimately lost my brother in law to his addiction. BIL's addiction started as an injury, Dr. Prescribes Vicodin/Norco. After years of use, an intolerance to the drug is developed, they start taking more and more and soon turn to street drugs to deal with their addiction. Meth is not a pain killer in the sense you are thinking, but to an addict, it will take their withdrawal pain away....or so they have convinced themselves.

Hey I have not been on websleuths for sometime. However, this story caught my attention as I live in phoenix and went to high school with the brother-in-law at that residence -- Here is what Ive gathered from local news, and etc.

Michael, 44, is a United Airlines pilot on medical leave and Tina, 42, is an accountant. They married about a year ago and each brought children from previous relationships to the family: Michael's two sons and Tina's two sons and a daughter.

Her brother Michael Perry disclosed this about his injury
He said Mike was injured in a woodshop incident in which he severely cut his hand and lost feeling in some fingertips, which is why he had to take time off from flying.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/pinal/2015/07/01/missing-maricopa-couple-search-warrant/29591819/

The article also contains JV criminal history, what info they know about the murder etc.

JV address, where the bodies were found and where they believe the murder took place is 50669 W. Papago Road in Maricopa -- the distance from their home, jv home and and where the car was found is very close.

The residence of MC and TC, and the brother in law has spoken from is 50740 W Mayer Blvd, Maricopa, AZ 85139 .. At the beginning they called it a compound -- and if you look at the areal - I counted 8 vehicles, 2-3 trailers, one boat -- and 2 dwellings.

Brother-in-law is Geoff Dugan -- or Duggan -- First report was
Michael’s brother-in-law Geoff Dugan identified Valenzuela as the person being questioned and said he was a friend of Michael, PCSO closed down a section of Papago Road to serve search warrants at the Valenzuela home.

After the bodies were found, he said this about the relationship w/ jv -
The missing man's brother-in-law, Geoff Dugan, said that a Jose Valenzuela was a guest at their Father's Day party and inquired about Mike Careccia's piloting skills. Family members said Michael was a United Airlines pilot on medical leave.

"He's a friend of my father and he expressed some interest, but that's all I know," Dugan said.

I have also read the reports that he had done some electrical contracting for them .. this I knew since I went to high school with Dugan -- he is the president of Dugan Plumbing in Phx -- and when i searched on line there are some pretty bad reviews. I need to grab the notes that i have taken regarding the oldest Facebook -- convo she had with Jeoff Dugan's daughter -- heated exchange about the private investor that Jeoff Dugan hired.

Need to make dinner - but i also have the county assessor for both properties, listing owner, etc -- and a search that shows who lives there.. looks like Jose I Valencia's Sr. owns the house but has another residence that they reside in also in Maricopa and JV jr. stays there. I will be back with that ...

think you are right. Unless, a big IF here....unless JV has started his very own network... & was planning to go BIG

& still wonder about the June 16 missing man from Kingman, AZ real estate agent Sid Cranston was to show some unknown person a 10 acre plot of land between kingman & las vegas. Sid last seen w someone driving a white SUV. I know there are a lot of SUV's...but things add up here possibly. JV had his other house (not the papago house) listed w an agent to sell during the first 5 months of this year- so could have had some cash free for a large purchase. & was interested in Mike's flying abilities....well just supposition I guess....anything's possible at this point.

May not be connected, but then again, it might. I also wondered if JV was the "supplier" rather than some other person(s).

Pasa...

I thought I heard the same thing when the Sheriff spoke.

Thank you. :) It appears the PC video has been taken down. Hopefully, it will show up on Fox 10's youtube archive.

I'll post the link if it does.

After the press conference, it didn't seem odd to me that Mike was accompanying Tina to Mesa.

I think they mentioned that her boss is an engineer and they also mentioned construction. It's possible she had engineering plans that needed to be delivered on that flash drive. Heck, I just picked up engineering plans for my work the other day. They had to be submitted to our city's code board before the end of the business day.

The thing that perked up my ears was that Tina had a Dr's appointment in Mesa that morning. It's way more likely that that's why Mike was driving her. It could have been an eye doctor who would dilate her eyes and she couldn't drive after. Maybe it was a procedure at an OBGYN and she wouldn't be very comfortable for a few hours afterward. Maybe it was at a methadone clinic, who the hell knows. All I know is that my husband shows up when I'm scared about something at the dr office. And I show up for him. Colonoscopy day? Sure, you bet, I'll drive. Lol

My only reservation in my theory is who stays up all night doing recreational meth and then rolls in to a doctor's appt?!????

My husband goes with me 95% of the time no matter where it is. Grocery store, dr. appt, you name it. We've always been that way, do most things together.

I think this has nothing to do with inheritance, money owed, or contracts. People are putting way too much thought into the reasoning of why JV did what he did. There might have been a disagreement/argument/incident while they were there at his house, but I'll bet it was just senseless, drug-fueled murders due to his drug-addled thinking. People on drugs do very senseless and reckless things every day. Look at what he did afterwards... not very smart thinking. JMO

Felix Nunez - Felix Rios Nunez, 38, lived at the Valenzuela house at 50669 W. Papago Road. His statement to Pinal County Sheriff’s detectives varies a bit from Valenzuela’s statements, but both were in the house at the time of the killings.

He said Michael was shot first. Tina was then held down and shot.

Nunez told detectives he was asleep in bed when he was awoken by the sound of a gunshot. Leaving his bedroom, he saw Michael struggling to get off the floor and saw Valenzuela standing over Tina, “who was lying on the floor pleading with Jose, telling him to calm down,” according to the report.

Nunez said Valenzuela was holding her down with one hand and holding the gun with the other. Nunez said he told Valenzuela to give him the gun, but Valenzuela pushed him away and told him to leave, which he did.
Babeu said the space in time between the first and the second shooting gave probable cause for first-degree murder charges.
<http://www.inmaricopa.com/Article/2015/07/02/missing-couple-saga

Same Article
Valenzuela reportedly confessed to shooting the Careccias with a .22 Magnum revolver. He told detectives he had been at the Careccia home for a Father’s Day gathering that Sunday and had given Michael Careccia methamphetamine.

He said Michael and Tina came to his house later that night for more meth. He also claimed he, Nunez, Michael and Tina were all using meth and that Nunez briefly left with the Careccias in their car to get more meth and then returned.

According to the report, Valenzuela and Michael got into an argument that led to a fight. Valenzuela said he retrieved his revolver and shot the couple.

Babeu said Valenzuela appeared to be just a user and not a dealer of methamphetamine

Thinking that Nunez is the dealer, says that Nunez left with MC/TC car to get more meth and then returned -- Ive grown up around bikers etc my whole life -- and around drugs and people involved in them I am surprised that they let someone take their car, and more surprised that they got it back --

I was just reviewing that and anyone else find this strange --iiases______
(Check and explain where applicable)
;ENERAL INFORMATION
Tharges: 13-1105 1ST DEGREE MURDER X 2
)ffense Date: 06-21-l5Offense Time:1916_____
ocation: 50669 WEST PAPAGO RD. MAR ICOPA
\rrest Date: 07-01-l5Arrest Time: 1439
\rrest Location: 50669 WEST PAPAGO RD.
L PROBABLE CAUSE STATEMENT

Then ..
, ijvv fl.n,y.
5. Defendant resides at: 50740 WEST PAPAGO RD. E
With Whom: MF____
How Long: UNKNOWN____

Alternate address for court notification: _____
6. Facts to indicate defendant will flee if released: FACING TWO

The houses are next door to each other --

Untitled picture.png

I think this has nothing to do with inheritance, money owed, or contracts. People are putting way too much thought into the reasoning of why JV did what he did. There might have been a disagreement/argument/incident while they were there at his house, but I'll bet it was just senseless, drug-fueled murders due to his drug-addled thinking. People on drugs do very senseless and reckless things every day. Look at what he did afterwards... not very smart thinking. JMO

Right there with you on this also wont be surprised if additional charges of especially aggravated kidnapping and especially aggravated rape.

Can we now apologize to the son. I knew he was innocent.

That particular area has always been sketchy as far back as I can remember and Ive been here since the 70s. Maybe not the "new" City of Maricopa where all the new subdivisions popped up but out there, in the desert, its like the wild wild west.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morgy1
Back