GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do the why's really matter?

I was thinking about this - I think people want to know if the world we live in is basically safe or not. For people living or visiting in Arizona, it's kind of important to know whether, if they drive around the suburbs of Phoenix in the early morning, they might just disappear like this couple appeared to do. And we want to know, how likely is it our electrical contractor going to murder us and bury our bodies near his house? So the questions about what they may have been involved with isn't to blame them, but it allows people to understand how to keep themselves safe from the same fate.

Can't imagine or fathom the thought being a young adult viewing multiple LE on TV wielding a shovel digging up your parents out of a 6 foot hole.

I was thinking that also. Then again, it sends a powerful message on the horrors and possible outcomes/consequences of "recreational" drug use. I do feel terrible for the five children left behind and all the other lives ruined.

think you are right. Unless, a big IF here....unless JV has started his very own network... & was planning to go BIG

& still wonder about the June 16 missing man from Kingman, AZ real estate agent Sid Cranston was to show some unknown person a 10 acre plot of land between kingman & las vegas. Sid last seen w someone driving a white SUV. I know there are a lot of SUV's...but things add up here possibly. JV had his other house (not the papago house) listed w an agent to sell during the first 5 months of this year- so could have had some cash free for a large purchase. & was interested in Mike's flying abilities....well just supposition I guess....anything's possible at this point.

Since hearing the comment about JV asking about MC flying experience/ability at the Father's Day gathering I have felt like that played some part in this. IF these guys had been friends for 2 yrs, why an interest in his flying capabilities now?

I read the police report.... seems like the late night calls were what police & phone records verified, JV may have said Michael made the calls to him, but if I am reading the police report correctly, the phone records actually verified that multiple calls were made by M to JV that eve & that both the phones were later turned off. please correct me if I'm wrong here....

also seems like JV is not wanting to tell his source.... JV & Felix actually told police that they talked about what their story would be-- so story was Pre-Meditated...JV probably knows his life would be in danger by some BadAxxes... if he were to reveal the Meth source. So he doesn't want to get his "hands" dirty holding the meth ball..... but willingly told about the MURDERS. Doing time for MURDER is ok, getting your Butt WHOOPED by the Cartel is NOT OK. Boy is our world out of whack....

I believe you are correct about the police report and the phone records. To me, anyway, it sounded like Babeu had phone records that showed MC calling JV during that time period. jmo

I was thinking that also. Then again, it sends a powerful message on the horrors and possible outcomes/consequences of "recreational" drug use. I do feel terrible for the five children left behind and all the other lives ruined.

On the official Find Tina and Mike FB page ( sorry don't know how to copy and paste link from my nook but link posted on here numerous times) a memorial fund has been set up for children. My question is does long term disability stop (as in Mike's case) upon death? Just can't stop thinking about those 5 kids that were left.

Daily Mail:

Tearful daughter Arizona couple 'shot dead and buried in shallow graves by ex-employee' hit out at suspect's claims they were meth users

Michael and Tina Careccia were reported missing on morning of June 22

On Thursday, they bodies were found buried in man's Arizona backyard

Jose Valenzuela, 38, has since been charged with both of their murders

He 'told police he was a friend and had earlier smoked meth with them'

When couple turned up at his house for more meth, 'he shot them dead'

But on Today Show, Mrs Careccia's brother cast doubt on drug claims

Mike Perry said he was 'skeptical' his 'dedicated' sister would do meth

Mr Careccia's ex-wife added of killings: 'I just can't believe it, it's unreal'

Mrs Careccia's daughter, Blayke, was also seen pleading for the person responsible for parents' disappearance to come forward earlier in week

Valenzuela, who has criminal record, is being held on a $2m cash bond

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-claims-parents-meth-users.html#ixzz3eqYurIOi

On the official Find Tina and Mike FB page ( sorry don't know how to copy and paste link from my nook but link posted on here numerous times) a memorial fund has been set up for children. My question is does long term disability stop (as in Mike's case) upon death? Just can't stop thinking about those 5 kids that were left.
I'm not sure about that but they might be able to get Social Security benefits as survivors since most of them I believe are still minors.

By previous poster you're referring to me? I'm confused about what you consider a "mean drunk" but you're right about meth not having the same effects on everyone. People might use it for different reasons, but its use can lead to mood disturbances, paranoid, aggressive, and violent behavior.

No, it wasn't you I was referring to, but you're right about what it *can* lead to. The person I was referring to said that it had that effect on *everyone* and that is simply not the case. If it is abused it can lead to paranoia & aggressive behavior but that also has to do with the purity of the drug / how it's ingested / if you stay up for days on end using it. Not everyone that does methamphetamine is a tweeker and not everyone that uses it becomes a violent, paranoid psychopath. But people that abuse it & stay up for days on end usually end up that way.

*going back to read the rest of the thread now. :)

I don't know anything about meth. Is it the sort of drug that makes people randomly shoot/kill others?

Yep. If they're high enough they can do all kinds of crazy things. Especially if they've (users) have been up for days. imo.

Alooooong time ago, i knew a guy who'd been high on 'crank' for days, got mad at some lady and strangled her w/the phone cord. He's living in prison now. ( we referred to it as crank, cheaper than cocaine). My other life. lol

One of the three is Jose. The other 2 were not identified, but if one was Felix, only one would remain unidentified. And only Jose appears to have been arrested. It appears the other 2 were only detained. Maybe more info on that will be released today.

IIRC from Sheriff Babeau's press conference, Jose' was at his residence and PSCO arrested him there in the shed. Felix was working in the cantaloupe field and was taken in for questioning.

I'll try to find the video and link it. So for now MOO. :)

My question is does long term disability stop (as in Mike's case) upon death? Just can't stop thinking about those 5 kids that were left.

Yes, it would stop. Usually through his employer he would have participated in a good life insurance plan. That can take time to be settled, though, and there won't be cash coming in.

Here's a thought....And pardon me if its been shared. I skipped ahead to share this. I would think the high off of meth is similar or better than cocaine. The come down part not so much.....in my limited knowledge. Both addictive. However, those on a limited budget needing that high.....Would go for the more economic choice, right?

I would like to hear from someone who knows the differences and the come-down effects of both, if possible. Again, limited knowledge here, cocaine is more the drug of the rich & famous or just rich in my view! However, I've known many with the habit who were not wealthy. Sorry, just rambling!
If I were a person using drugs....I know what my budget would be.

When you come down from coke, you automatically want more. Like, really, REALLY want more right then.

When you come down from meth, you just usually go to sleep. Unless you're smoking ice (which I have never done) - I have heard that it's like crack in that you immediately want more.

Meth lasts a LOT longer & is cheaper which is why it's called 'poor-man's coke'. I just call it 'cost effective'. The "highs" are completely different IMO - meth gives you energy, alertness & focus while coke makes you kind of jittery & 'zombiefied'. But like I've said before, drugs have different effects on EVERYONE. I hope this answers your question. :)

Benefits would stop. The minor children would be able to pursue SS I'd think but not the older children. Hopefully there is life insurance and they can also look to victims of crime funds. Regardless, they appear to be a family of average means like most and I'm sure any additional financial assistance even if just for the funeral costs would help immensely.

IIRC from Sheriff Babeau's press conference, Jose' was at his residence and PSCO arrested him there in the shed. Felix was working in the cantaloupe field and was taken in for questioning.

I'll try to find the video and link it. So for now MOO. :)

Pasa...

I thought I heard the same thing when the Sheriff spoke.

I was thinking about this - I think people want to know if the world we live in is basically safe or not. For people living or visiting in Arizona, it's kind of important to know whether, if they drive around the suburbs of Phoenix in the early morning, they might just disappear like this couple appeared to do. And we want to know, how likely is it our electrical contractor going to murder us and bury our bodies near his house? So the questions about what they may have been involved with isn't to blame them, but it allows people to understand how to keep themselves safe from the same fate.

Yep. We all want to believe "This can't happen to me."

I'm not sure about that but they might be able to get Social Security benefits as survivors since most of them I believe are still minors.

If he was receiving SSD benefits his children would be eligible (until 18yo) for a percentage of what he was receiving every month. I'm not sure about regular Social Security benefits but I assume it's the same.

The resources for the kids that several of you mentioned makes me feel better. It won't bring their dad/mom back but at least they won't have that worry.

Her job seems odd to me as well. Bringing husband strange to me. Does not seem like a formal job. More of helper occasionally IMO

After the press conference, it didn't seem odd to me that Mike was accompanying Tina to Mesa.

I think they mentioned that her boss is an engineer and they also mentioned construction. It's possible she had engineering plans that needed to be delivered on that flash drive. Heck, I just picked up engineering plans for my work the other day. They had to be submitted to our city's code board before the end of the business day.

The thing that perked up my ears was that Tina had a Dr's appointment in Mesa that morning. It's way more likely that that's why Mike was driving her. It could have been an eye doctor who would dilate her eyes and she couldn't drive after. Maybe it was a procedure at an OBGYN and she wouldn't be very comfortable for a few hours afterward. Maybe it was at a methadone clinic, who the hell knows. All I know is that my husband shows up when I'm scared about something at the dr office. And I show up for him. Colonoscopy day? Sure, you bet, I'll drive. Lol

My only reservation in my theory is who stays up all night doing recreational meth and then rolls in to a doctor's appt?!????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back