GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Off topic...for those following little Omarion Humphreys case, sadly he was found deceased :(

Thanks for letting me on. I just want to give some history on me before I begin. I am a 20 year resident of the Thunderbird Farms area with family ties here since the early 80's. I live a block away from the Dugan residence that MC & TC were residing at. I drove by the property multiple times a week to visit friends or run to the convenience store. I have met most of the family at some point in time, their kids went to school with my kids. I am in no way a friend of any of the parties, just an acquaintance or know of them from the neighborhood. With that said, here is what I know.

The layout out here is - the properties are 3.3 acres lots, no sidewalks, no street lights, no traffic lights. Rural. We have one family restaurant/bar/grill/pool hall all rolled into one, 2 convenience stores and that is it for 15 miles. Our blocks are 1/2 mile long. So a walk around the block is 4 miles.

We are in the middle of agricultural fields. Mostly melons, corn, cotton and cattle feeds. The farms employ hundreds of migrant workers to work in the fields. Who else would be picking melons in 115 degree heat for 8 hours. Break ins, alcohol, loitering and many other petty crimes are the norm out here. However, those of us that live out here typically don't have many issues with the field workers, as most of us take security precautions such as locked gates, dogs and firearms. I have felt safe for my entire time out here.

The fires of 2014 - All the fires were on vacant, unoccupied dwellings. These buildings have been vacant or even unlivable for many years. Some of the properties that were torched were simply untrimmed palm trees/brush with out a building on them or involved. There were about 10 separate properties burned, but the "fire starter" would relight some of the structures multiple times until everything on the property was burned. He lit one place up at least 5 times in one week. The fires continued after MC's property was burned. While PCSO said they had a lead, nothing was ever told to the community about apprehending someone in connection to the fires. We all had a suspicion as to who was responsible, as one guy was seen at nearly all the fires on a bike and no one from the community knew him.

MC and TC's property - Their garage was nothing more than a concrete pad with the framing up for the garage. No walls/roof/electric. It was started and sat like that for many months with no change. The "trailer" that they stored their personal belongings in was an older single-wide trailer that surely wouldn't be livable from the looks of it going passed it on the road. Did not appear to have power running to any of it from the power poles. The burnt remains for the garage frame still stands.

The Dugan "compound" was the party house in the neighborhood. Having parties nearly weekly and often several times during the week. My kids have been there for the parties that included under age drinking and at least the smoking of weed. They are not as innocent as the family is trying to make them out to be. You have seen pix of MC and Luke with beers in their hands...Luke is 17. One of my children went with a friend to a party where kids (high schoolers) were playing beer pong and there was a free flowing keg for the kids. All, of course, supervised by the adults of the household and some of the other kids from the neighborhood's parents. The kids were told if they get drunk, they were welcome to stay in one of the 3-4 campers located on the property. Luckily, my kid and friend have common sense and came home.

JV had a good reputation with his electrical clients from what I know. I had seen his company truck at the Dugan's many times over the last year...sometimes very late into the night. I am really not too sure of the relationship prior to the fires. As an electrician, I guess he was a good guy. But my kids know of him as "Nacho the drug dealer". Ask any 20-something kid in the area that has dabbled in drugs and you will get the same answer. One of my kids is not an angel and when I told them about this, I got the reply to stay out of the conversation/search/mention of the situation and that I did not need my name associated in any fashion. I heeded the warning.

[modsnip]

Wow-this certainly makes me think of things in a little different light - NOT, of course, that what happened to them should have happened, rather a bit more clear as to how and why it happened. I was thinking there's no way they were doing meth - and maybe they weren't. Maybe it involved dealings with kids that partied at their house...maybe they found out he was selling their daughter drugs & confronted him about it...but I am leaning towards the drug use being true from what you're saying. At the least, they had to know he was a drug dealer if it's common knowledge around there.

Didnt poster rustyprop (not a VI) say that Mike's nickname was "scratch"? Did everyone have nicknames? Were those given in high school? Or possibly some other reason? Imo

Adults make decisions that are not in their best interest. Often that comes with consequences. This couple didn't deserve to be murdered even though their decisions may have contributed to bringing a drug dealer and murderer into their lives, and home.

The children that are now without one of their parents, the siblings without a sibling, parents without a child, those are the victims left in the path of destruction.

Sadly drug addicts are selfish. Their feelings, their mental health issues, their next high, their wants are always more important to them. They don't seem to care how their decisions and addiction is affecting those closest to them. If only they could see who truly believes in them, loves them, and supports them. The dealers, and others using with them aren't their friends, and aren't the ones that care.

Strength to everyone left to pick up the pieces of their shattered hearts and minds in order to live in a forever changed life. If anything good can come from this case, I hope those dealing with an addiction will seek help and lean on the support of those that care and love them.

JMO

Adults make decisions that are not in their best interest. Often that comes with consequences. This couple didn't deserve to be murdered even though their decisions may have contributed to bringing a drug dealer and murderer into their lives, and home.

The children that are now without one of their parents, the siblings without a sibling, parents without a child, those are the victims left in the path of destruction.

Sadly drug addicts are selfish. Their feelings, their mental health issues, their next high, their wants are always more important to them. They don't seem to care how their decisions and addiction is affecting those closest to them. If only they could see who truly believes in them, loves them, and supports them. The dealers, and others using with them aren't their friends, and aren't the ones that care.

Strength to everyone left to pick up the pieces of their shattered hearts and minds in order to live in a forever changed life. If anything good can come from this case, I hope those dealing with an addiction will seek help and lean on the support of those that care and love them.

JMO
I'm still trying to give them the benefit of the doubt till tox is back, but after hearing about their house being a party house, JV there often late into the night, etc., sadly I think that may be the case. They don't look like meth addicts to me, at least definitely not long-term meth addicts. I found it very interesting that JV would specify that they were "recreationally" using meth-that makes me think he may not be a small-time dealer & he was trying to deflect from that, like there was "only a little bit of meth" and not a regular thing. I just thought it was strange he'd specify recreational. If they were using meth, it's likely they were using other drugs, too. There was mention of smoking it in the E-cig, but in one of their photos on the beach, she had an E-cig in her hand-I'm quitting smoking & using an E-cig & it's in my hand more often than not. I don't know what to think, but I'm leaning toward the drug use being true :( Still, no-one deserves what happened to them & from what Fireinside has said, I'm sure they didn't realize he was capable of this.

I'm still trying to give them the benefit of the doubt till tox is back, but after hearing about their house being a party house, JV there often late into the night, etc., sadly I think that may be the case.

You can look at the picture of the 2 of them smoking away from some kind of long tube, posted a day or 2 ago. I doubt that's tobacco. Don't know why everyone keeps saying "they didn't deserve to be murdered..." No one does, unless they themselves are are a cold-blooded murderer or child or animal torturer, which these 2 were not.

I think what's really happening now is a great many people are disgusted by the drug use and are having trouble integrating that knowledge and coming to terms with it. Hence the "they didn't deserve to be murdered" statements over and over again. It's hard for many to feel sympathetic towards users of heavy drugs being killed by their 'dealer.' And yet that's what apparently happened in this very case. Victims are not often the squeaky clean Disney-esque characters imagined by those who follow their cases (not saying you think that way, just making a general comment). When confronted by something like victims sullied by their own lifestyle choice habits, it can throw an emotional wrench in the mix. What to do with a case when there aren't really truly sympathetic archetype victims? That's what I believe is happening.

You can look at the picture of the 2 of them smoking away from some kind of long tube, posted a day or 2 ago. I doubt that's tobacco. Don't know why everyone keeps saying "they didn't deserve to be murdered..." No one does, unless they themselves are are a cold-blooded murderer or child or animal torturer, which these 2 were not.

I think what's really happening now is a great many people are disgusted by the drug use and are having trouble integrating that knowledge and coming to terms with it. Hence the "they didn't deserve to be murdered" statements over and over again. It's hard for many to feel sympathetic towards users of heavy drugs being killed by their 'dealer.' And yet that's what apparently happened in this very case. Victims are not often the squeaky clean Disney-esque characters imagined by those who follow their cases (not saying you think that way, just making a general comment). When confronted by something like victims sullied by their own lifestyle choice habits, it can throw an emotional wrench in the mix. What to do with a case when there aren't really truly sympathetic archetype victims? That's what I believe is happening.

Can we make this post a sticky? :) Not only on this thread but others as well. Range of emotions nicely dissected imo.

I keep thinking about a statement Tina's brother made. He didn't like her choices in boyfriends, but he liked Michael.

I keep thinking about a statement Tina's brother made. He didn't like her choices in boyfriends, but he liked Michael.

Yet he immediately hired a PI when they were first reported as missing and one of the first things that was said was they believed the husband had something to do with her disappearance and that he was a drug user.

Tina's brother was very pro active right from the beginning. I wonder how often he saw his sister. How aware he was of how she was doing and what she was doing.

Some families are very close and some not so much. It happens.

Where was that pic posted - here? The reason I keep saying they didn't deserve to be murdered is for the reasons you stated above-that many people (not here, just in general) suddenly lose sympathy and empathy when they discover drug use was the cause & it shouldn't be that way. A life is a life. Some of the things I did when I was much younger could have easily turned out the same way-I did some really stupid things. Much younger at the time than they were, but I do know what it's like to make bad, dangerous decisions.

Maybe because I'm cynical, or am I a realist or is it because I'm married to a Crisis Interventionist........... anyone one of our families can be touched by drugs doesn't matter who we are. It doesn't make us less valuable people. IMO most of us are not shocked by it now a a days. But it does suprise me the denial of drugs in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back