AZ AZ - Morgan Bonafield, 20, Phoenix, 25 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think of this story really often. I went to highschool with Morgan, same graduating class, didn't know her personally. This story has always reeked to me. I just want to dump out all of the information I understand about this.

She went missing on Christmas 2014, everyone I went to highschool with posted the flyer about her going missing. Her family launched a few 's to help them work with an organization called "IDTS" which had a very sketchy and vague website in my memory, it was riddled with typos. They claimed they knew how to recover people from sex trafficking related kidnappings. I remember them collecting a couple thousand dollars from these 's, then I never saw any updates as to where the money had gone or if she'd been found. They posted a single update once that she was spotted in downtown phoenix with bruises. I was confused how they could have known this, and why the person who saw her didn't call authorities. She was linked last to a guy named Jeff Fuchs, who also had a very vague and seemingly fresh (at the time) Facebook page that very few people were friends with. It seemed like the page had just been created. There was only one photo. Weird. There is also not a significant record of her going missing with the police?

Everyone seemed to stop posting about her over the years- but it was never indicated that she'd been found. Her family never posted any significant updates. I would see people comment questions about Morgan and her family wouldn't respond. I always found this deeply strange. I always assumed that she had maybe run away, didn't want to be found, who knows. It was weird she never returned to any of her previous social media accounts. Then- I believe in 2017- she did a SINGLE Facebook post. She said she was not missing, and that Jeff Fuchs had nothing to do with this. A bunch of people commented asking if she was alright. She didn't respond to any of the comments. As far as I know she didn't post again after that. Over the years I've talked to people about this and I've heard so many different theories as to where she is. Somebody recently told me that they heard that Morgan went to the police when she first went missing and told them not to look for her. But this was 6 years ago, and its tough to say if thats true either.

I hope wherever Morgan went that she is alive and safe.

Hi, is Morgan still missing? Has anyone on here been in touch with her family?

so i found her pinterest page and saw that there were pictures she was “pinning” from original articles and recipes that hadn’t been created until 2020…to me, that suggests she’s still out there somewhere and able to at least access some of her social media accounts. of course this is all speculation, it’s hard to say anything definitive because there’s been almost nothing put out there by the family or police. i really hope that she is somewhere out there, safe and healthy!

so i found her pinterest page and saw that there were pictures she was “pinning” from original articles and recipes that hadn’t been created until 2020…to me, that suggests she’s still out there somewhere and able to at least access some of her social media accounts. of course this is all speculation, it’s hard to say anything definitive because there’s been almost nothing put out there by the family or police. i really hope that she is somewhere out there, safe and healthy!
Are you sure it is the same Morgan Bonafield? It may just be a different Morgan. Can you send the link to the account?

I have just recently started to look more into the disappearance of Morgan Bonafield, and nothing seems to add up. I keep seeing people saying either she ran away and doesn't want to be found or she has been found. I would like to get to the bottom of this especially because I had been living in AZ around the time she went missing.

From what I have gathered so far, the theory is that her bf at the time lured her to a modeling shoot and sold her into sex trafficking. Jeff Fuchs I believe his name is. Again seems a bit shady as this guy has disappeared as well.

I was able to trace her to a phone number and I have tried calling multiple times, and have received no answer. As of today the number is active and rings.

Personally I find it hard to believe that Morgan would drop off the face of the earth merely just to "not be found" I think there was a third party at play here for obvious reasons. Right now I have the determination to not only find out what happened but to also find Morgan. I hope she is safe and well, but I will not idly sit back and wait for time to tell. I am going to do anything and everything to find out what happened and where she is. This did not get the media attention that it needed and I feel that it is time to make up for lost time.

I found a post I'd never seen before from what looks like an ex boyfriend dated December 31, 2014, the week of her disappearance:

"Moo cow, you know that I love you more than anything in this entire world. We had our issues in our relationship and they were bad. I took our relationship for granted when you put everything you could into it. I truly messed up. Look how we are without each other though. We both are making irrational decisions based on emotion. Decisions that aren't being thought through. We are better together, we are meant together. I hope you find your way back to me, you are the sun & moon."

He tags her at the end. Not sure if thats a clue that she ran off or what

I found a post I'd never seen before from what looks like an ex boyfriend dated December 31, 2014, the week of her disappearance:

"Moo cow, you know that I love you more than anything in this entire world. We had our issues in our relationship and they were bad. I took our relationship for granted when you put everything you could into it. I truly messed up. Look how we are without each other though. We both are making irrational decisions based on emotion. Decisions that aren't being thought through. We are better together, we are meant together. I hope you find your way back to me, you are the sun & moon."

He tags her at the end. Not sure if thats a clue that she ran off or what
That was her boyfriend prior to being with Jeff Fuchs. He was claiming that he missed her and was probably under the assumption that she ran away.

Her Instagram page has not been updated since 2014

She has been located safe and well. Her mother has posted selfies, she has a new instagram etc etc. She's fine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back