GUILTY AZ - Officer Anthony Holly, 24, fatally shot, Glendale, 19 Feb 2007 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How bad is it over there? We're near 100 most days here but that's expected in SE Texas. I stay indoors after 11:00 or so if at all possible in the summer, the heat is bad enough but the humidity and ozone make you feel like you can't draw a breath.

80's are returning to Seattle area next few days and I am soooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!1 :woot:

You lucky duck Zoey, we probably won't see the 80's (except for nighttime temps) until Halloween.

Hi, I'm checking in on trial.Cleveland area weather is beautiful. In fact I'd
like it a bit warmer..:seeya:

How is Haboobiness pronounced?
Ha - booby - ness?

Need me some Juan, so watching last summer's Richard Chrisman trial.

You lucky duck Zoey, we probably won't see the 80's (except for nighttime temps) until Halloween.

Trust me we dont see it as I like!! The older I get the more I hats the rain/damp conditions. It is beautiful in the Pacific northwest bunt sometimes more sun less rain

I think he'll get the death penalty. He killed a young cop. I can't see a jury going easy on a cop killer. That's a different ball game. Catching up on YouTube. The defense put up a good effort, for sure. But it doesn't trump logic and science. It raises doubt, but not reasonable doubt. At least not for me.

I think he'll get the death penalty. He killed a young cop. I can't see a jury going easy on a cop killer. That's a different ball game. Catching up on YouTube. The defense put up a good effort, for sure. But it doesn't trump logic and science. It raises doubt, but not reasonable doubt. At least not for me.

i can't see it going any other way but you know what has happened in other trials. :sigh:

from experience though it seems that AZ juries have more than half a brain cell between them.

No retrial, JM offered a deal that Chrisman accepted:

Snip:

A former Phoenix police officer has been sentenced to seven years in prison, following a plea deal that allowed him to plead guilty to manslaughter in the shooting death of an unarmed suspect.

Snip:

He faced up to 14 years in prison for manslaughter.

http://www.kpho.com/story/24270688/ex-phoenix-cop-chrismans-sentencing-today
7. Years. Smh. At least he gets jail time and career is ruined but I would have preferred 14

No retrial, JM offered a deal that Chrisman accepted:

Snip:

A former Phoenix police officer has been sentenced to seven years in prison, following a plea deal that allowed him to plead guilty to manslaughter in the shooting death of an unarmed suspect.

Snip:

He faced up to 14 years in prison for manslaughter.

http://www.kpho.com/story/24270688/ex-phoenix-cop-chrismans-sentencing-today

Re: Chrisman.......I think there was a really intense situation going on with all the supporters he still had in LE that showed up on his side of the court everyday.... I'm sure it effected the jury. I truly believe Chrisman was a loose cannon and I'm just glad he'll never be wearing a badge. The victim's mother will forever have to live with calling LE. It was the "perfect storm" that could have been stopped in it's tracks, at many different points, if cooler heads had prevailed.
It's just a tragedy that the final "screw up" Chrisman was nailed for was the murder of an unarmed man, trying to leave his home, and a dog who wasn't a threat.
The Officer who testified against him had nothing to gain, and everything to loose. But he held fast to his honesty and integrity.

Re: Chrisman.......I think there was a really intense situation going on with all the supporters he still had in LE that showed up on his side of the court everyday.... I'm sure it effected the jury. I truly believe Chrisman was a loose cannon and I'm just glad he'll never be wearing a badge. The victim's mother will forever have to live with calling LE. It was the "perfect storm" that could have been stopped in it's tracks, at many different points, if cooler heads had prevailed.
It's just a tragedy that the final "screw up" Chrisman was nailed for was the murder of an unarmed man, trying to leave his home, and a dog who wasn't a threat.
The Officer who testified against him had nothing to gain, and everything to loose. But he held fast to his honesty and integrity.
When you put it that way it makes sense. Sickening of how many supporters he had....blue line alive and well

Morning Peeps!

Verdict watch continues today. Phoenix is clearing up the debris from the storms over the weekend, electrical outages. etc.
We had a hella big storm last night up here, the lightning was INCREDIBLE! I'd start counting "one mississippi, two mississippi..." and BAM! another lightning strike! Totally awesome! The rain sounded like someone was dumping gravel on the roof!
I let the horse out after the rain, her Royal Fatness strutted around, snorting like a bear. I've had neighbors call, in the past asking me what the heck was on my property making that noise, it really carries throughout the hills.

When you put it that way it makes sense. Sickening of how many supporters he had....blue line alive and well

It was a real sad commentary about the inner "sanctum" of the Phoenix PD at that time. There's a new police chief now, and in the past few years he's really straightened the department up.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m
I'm off for verdict watch in the #BryanHulsey trial. I will be back online shortly!

Greetings From The First State. TS rolled in last night. My daughter's rescued Manchester Terrier is deathly afraid of TS and shakes and hides. I put her in her crate to try and keep her feeling safe. She bent the crate trying to get out. I have tried Xanax, Melatonin, Thundershirt, Valium, Anxiety supplements to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry, OT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back