AZ AZ - Phoenix, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, in golf course pond, Aug'19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Aug 03, 2019

PHOENIX — Partial human remains were found next to a pond on a golf course at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa late Friday night, according to Phoenix police.

Police say they were called to a body of water on the resort's property around 7:20 p.m. when two walkers in the area discovered the partial remains on "the muddy edge of the pond."

The Phoenix Police Search and Recovery Dive Team were called to the scene to do a sweep of the pond, police say.

PD: Human remains found at Arizona Grand Resort and Spa

Police say it’s unclear how long the body had been in the pond and there’s no immediate indication of what could have caused the death.

The gender of the body wasn’t immediately disclosed.

Police say the body has been removed from the pond and their investigation is ongoing.

Police: Human remains found in pond at a Phoenix golf course

Michael Angelo Fazzari? last seen about a month ago, 29 minutes from the resort. Hope its not him - he's only 18 :(
Thumbnail

this report by arizon family says '[...] a dismembered body was found' and i can't find that detail on any other site...i wonder if the reporter just meant the body was in multiple pieces due to decomp vs body was purposefully cut into pieces (which i view as the meaning of 'dismembered')
Body parts found in pond by Arizona Grand Resort

John F. Navin is also a recent MP out of Phoenix, last seen ~6 weeks ago also very close to this resort. Car was found later in Mexico.
(by the way - lots of recent missing people out of AZ! its not a large state.. i wonder why?)
Thumbnail

For reference, WS Thread Links:

AZ - AZ- John Navin, 56, Phoenix, 20 June 2019 * Possible Kidnap for Ransom

Michael Angelo Fazzari? last seen about a month ago, 29 minutes from the resort. Hope its not him - he's only 18 :(
Thumbnail

AZ - AZ - Michael Angelo Fazzari, 18, Maricopa County, 1 Jul 2019

this report by arizon family says '[...] a dismembered body was found' and i can't find that detail on any other site...i wonder if the reporter just meant the body was in multiple pieces due to decomp vs body was purposefully cut into pieces (which i view as the meaning of 'dismembered')

If the body had been in the water for a long time, perhaps disarticulation occurred.

How big/deep is the pond?

This article states:

Sgt. Vince Lewis said divers searched and found the body after partial remains had washed up on the edge of the pond on Friday night.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktar.c...in-arizona-grand-resort-golf-course-pond/amp/

So partial remains found at edge of pond, then more of the body found after searching the pond. Not clear yet on purposefully dismembered or not.

If the body had been in the water for a long time, perhaps disarticulation occurred.

How big/deep is the pond?
seems pretty deep for a golf course pond - they had to use dive teams and the body was said to be in a 'deeper' section. I agree that disarticulation is more likely - I don't think someone would go through the trouble of dismembering a body and then dumping it in such a relatively public location, and all in the same location.
upload_2019-8-4_22-19-40.png
(PD: Human remains found by pond near Arizona Grand Resort)

I live by this pond. I use to walk every day with my kids. It’s not huge. It’s sort of small. But I would think the fish nipped at the discomposed body, they will eat anything. I would feed the ducks and can see the fish coming up to the surface and eat too. I haven’t heard much about this case on social yet. They haven’t released much. But a neighbor heard the cops say they don’t think the body was placed there. It’s weird to think someone would place a body there considering it’s very busy lots of runners, dog walkers and families on top of the golfers are there all the time. But we are staying clear till they figure it out just in case.

Disposing a body in a golf course pond strikes me as very odd. It's not exactly the most private body of water as it's usually small, people walk by it every day, and some go diving in there to collect lost balls. The only way it would make sense to me would be if either the decadent or whoever put them in the pond was an employee of the golf course.

John F. Navin is also a recent MP out of Phoenix, last seen ~6 weeks ago also very close to this resort. Car was found later in Mexico.
(by the way - lots of recent missing people out of AZ! its not a large state.. i wonder why?)
Thumbnail
Phoenix has a ton of people living in the city. It is like the 5th or 6th most populated in the country. Guessing that could be among the reasons....???

Just wondering, if it is decided there is no foul play, and there is a family notified, would that news still be reported to the public?

Just posted the following on Dongdi Wu’s thread:
“It does appear that Dongdi’s estate is currently being probated in Maricopa County:
“Notice To Creditors By Publication/ Dongdi Wu a.k.a. Jason Wu“
0C1C3DB6-EFBC-4A2E-9D5F-9CC7622AE3BD.jpeg
https://www.recordreporter.com/LegalNotices/RR-2020-05-29.pdf

Probate Case History:
442F2687-CCAA-4A46-93C2-BEE2DB5DA033.jpeg D845E397-F36F-4204-9E8A-83B50ECC391E.jpeg DF51B481-A080-4506-BB8B-5EB561948D4E.jpeg 7FC3F617-6AE4-404D-B846-E512A0E4DABC.jpeg
Probate Court Case Information - Case History

Minute entries are not available at this time, so I cannot confirm the circumstances of his death, but personally, I do believe that the remains that were found at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa did belong to him. He “was last located inside a gated community under construction in the middle of the day. A gated community that just happens to be across the street from a fire station at 42nd Place and Baseline Road” and it is a 30-minute or a 1.5-mile walk from that location to the golf course. Also, IIRC, his NamUs page and the one for the unidentified remains were removed from the site pretty much at the same time:
42E94565-28E5-4752-AF3D-893357D0C9FF.jpeg
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Rest In Peace, Dongdi. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

@inmyhumbleopinion I'm guessing this likely ID hasn't yet met WS benchmark for moving the case to Identified - are you able to see any more concrete evidence that this person was ID? I couldn't see anything in open source.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskr247
Back