AZ AZ - Pima Co. HispFem - 1189UFAZ, 15-19, July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

amoreau25

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I dont know if this has been posted, if it has mod can remove.

1189UFAZ

Date of Discovery: July 13, 2009
Location of Discovery: Green Valley, Pima County, Arizona
Estimated Date of Death: Weeks prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 15-21 years old
Race: Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 98 lbs
Hair Color: Unknown, but most likely brown.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. X-rays and photographs are available. Bilateral absence
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Black Converse hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans,
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: A bus ticket dated 3/7/09 with the name "Areli Gomez Gomez" from Chiapas to Tijuana.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's body was found along a desert trail.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Pima County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Bruce Anderson
Agency Phone Number: 520-243-8600
Agency Case Number: ML09-01412

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 6412
NCMEC Case Number:1184090
Former Hot Case Number: 2372

Information Source(s)
NamUs * Warning Graphic Photo is attached on this page *
NCMEC

Admin Notes
Added: 1/27/11; Last Updated: 7/11/19

Upon searching information on the bus ticket, the city in which she came from is close to the Guatemalan border, is it possible she was from there originally and was attempting to travel up and into mexico?

Original

According to wiki:
Tapachula de Córdova y Ordóñez, simply known as Tapachula, is a city and municipality located in the far southeast of the state of Chiapas in Mexico, near the Guatemalan border and the Pacific Ocean.

I wonder if some searching in Guatemala might reveal who this girl was? Just a thought.

Annette

Could someone name the current exclusion list for this Jane Doe? I'm not from the US so I can't see the exclusions by NamUs.

Could someone name the current exclusion list for this Jane Doe? I'm not from the US so I can't see the exclusions by NamUs.

3 Exclusions listed:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6533Stephanie Pinero Morales
Date of Last ContactNovember 26, 2008
StatePR
County--

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1066Maria Mauricio
Date of Last ContactJanuary 20, 1997
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP3906Maria Martinez
Date of Last ContactOctober 13, 1990
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Reconstruction
NCMU1184090c1.jpg

Erinn Rogers added to the rule outs.
4 Missing Person Exclusions

1677624717220.jpeg

Ooh, this case shakes me to my core. I comment on cases a lot of the time where I have a connection to them, have seen them, they have a relatable story or coincidence with someone I know.

I have a friend with that exact name. Areli Gomez Gomez. She looks so similar to the reconstruction of this poor soul. She’s a little smaller though at 4’9” and 80-85 pounds. She’s originally from Tapachula as well, the same city where this bus ticket was purchased. She’s a similar age to our Doe as well. I am in my late teens (born between 2003 and 2007) and Areli (my friend) is around 2 years younger than me.

I was absolutely shaken when I discovered this case. The similarities make me want to cry. I feel so sorry for this poor soul.

However, I do think her name is in fact Areli Gomez Gomez. Areli is not a terribly common name but it’s definitely heard of, so it seems a bit odd to use it in an alias. Also, why would she need an alias for a trip 100% in Mexico? I can understand when crossing the border.

She was so beautiful. It’s a shame that she left us so soon. I hope her true identity is uncovered at some point. She seems like she was an illegal immigrant. 100% illegal immigrant to me. Tapachula is near the Guatemalan border. I think she may not be Mexican, but rather potentially Guatemalan. I would check to see if there are any missing persons databases in Mexico and Guatemala that could yield some information and results for this girl’s identity. Hoping she can get her name back soon! I find it interesting she has had 2 teeth removed. She could be on the older end of her age range. Did they check for wisdom teeth? If they are completely absent she could be closer to about 18 or 19. Although I had mine taken out at 12 along with 6 other permanent teeth. It’s a pretty distinctive feature of mine. Having just 22 teeth at least for me is useful for ID’ing me if I ever end up like this. Poor thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhernan1215
Back