AZ - Sedona, Zaynab Joseph, 40, (visiting from California) fell off 140-foot cliff (now deceased) whilst hiking with her husband and toddler 4/15/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toni Henthorn was pushed off a cliff by her husband in Rocky Mountain National Park. There were no witnesses, but the federal government was eventually able to build a circumstantial case that was sufficient for a jury to convict. It helped that there was financial fraud and a longstanding pattern of deception on the part of the husband. In fact it looks like the husband may have also killed his first wife for the insurance money.

If the allegations are true in this case, I suspect that money will also be at the heart of it. I don't know if Arizona will be willing to put the same time and effort into building a case like the Feds did, but I just wanted to point out it's not impossible to get a conviction if he really did push her.

Edit - Another similar case was the murder of Cody Johnson by his newylwed wife, Jordan Graham. Her motivation was unclear. It seems she may have had a fear of sex, but was pushed to marry because of her religious upbringing. She just told a multitude of lies, which allowed the police to eventually confront her and get a confession. Weird case.

I am positive that my friend did not fall off of a cliff in Zion National Park.

No. Because it is impossible to prove beyond "reasonable" doubt that it did not happen the way the husband stated. He says it was an "accident". He is the only witness. Injuries on the victim, correspond with falling off a cliff, hitting hard rocks.
It all depends upon what the police find concerning digital evidence.

I am positive that my friend did not fall off of a cliff in Zion National Park.

How tragic!

It all depends upon what the police find concerning digital evidence.

If they have enough to file charges and get a warrant. There is a high bar to have sufficient evidence to get a search warrant.

And, if we even do a basic internet search, we can find dozens of articles about people who randomly fall hiking and die. So, it is not uncommon.

That is probably why it really is the perfect crime. And so scary. It is completely premeditated, with a loving spouse planning a "fun" vacation. I know, in my friend's case, she was planning on leaving him. And this was supposedly a time for them to "reconnect". That is why her family was so sure that her fall was not accidental.

But, he was charged, and cleared by a jury. Just like Casey Anthony, and OJ Simpson. Not Guilty.

NEWS
News

Police try to unravel mysterious death of Huntington Beach woman on Arizona hiking trail​

'She was obedient to a fault. … She believed whatever God wanted was going to happen,' said the brother of Zaynab Joseph, who fell 140 feet to her death​

Zaynab Joseph fell 140 feet to her death from an Arizona hiking trail. Police are trying to unravel the mystery of what she and her baby were doing on such a difficult trail and how she went over the ledge. (Photos courtesy of Hassanayn Joseph)
Zaynab Joseph fell 140 feet to her death from an Arizona hiking trail. Police are trying to unravel the mystery of what she and her baby were doing on such a difficult trail and how she went over the ledge. (Photos courtesy of Hassanayn Joseph)
Tony Saavedra. (Photo by Paul Bersebach, Orange County Register)
By TONY SAAVEDRA | tsaavedra@scng.com | Orange County Register
UPDATED: July 26, 2024 at 11:17 a.m.

A view from the bottom of the cliff where Zaynab Joseph fell on Bear Mountain in Arizona. (Courtesy of a hiker who wished to remain anonymous)

<modsnipped - copyright violation - pasting anything over 10% is a copyright violation per Rules - Copyright Rules - see link>

Police try to unravel mysterious death of Huntington Beach woman on Arizona hiking trail

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back