GUILTY AZ - Sidney Cranston, 40, Kingman, 16 June 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm glad to know there is hope for a resolution and justice in Sid's case, tho this is the first mention there might have been more than the one suspect. However, a conspiracy does make sense. Perhaps one of them can be persuaded to talk. After all, these people seem to have no difficulty betraying their friends.

RIP Sidney!!!

:rose:

Thoughts are with his GF, family & friends!!

May :justice: be served!!!

**Sidney Cranston Jr. Investigation Update**

On Saturday, January 7th, Kingman Police Detectives, working in cooperation with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the FBIs Evidence Response Team and the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, located human remains believed to be those of missing person Sidney Cranston Jr. The remains have been turned over to the Mohave County Medical Examiner’s Office who determined the death to have been caused by a gun shot. The death has been ruled a homicide. Positive identification has not been determined. The body was located and recovered in a remote area east of Kingman. Details leading up to the discovery of the body are not being released, however Alfredo Blanco is considered a suspect in the death and suspected murder of Sydney Cranston Jr. Blanco remains in a care facility in another part of the state due to a serious health concern. Investigators continue to work diligently on the investigation and are committed to bringing to justice those who may be responsible for Cranston’s murder.

That link up there doesn't work, this one does: https://www.facebook.com/CityofKingmanPolice/

It's been nearly a week since 40-year-old Sidney Cranston Jr. has been seen.

“Sid and I became friends about 10 years ago. We're like brothers,” said Cranston's friend, Al Blanco.

Blanco said he had lunch with Cranston last Tuesday. That was the last time he saw him. Phone records show Cranston's last call was made about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday to the company that manages his trust.

A neighbor, who didn't wish to be identified, told Sidney Cranston's brother, Chris Cranston, that he witnessed something suspicious about 1:45 p.m. Tuesday.

“He saw Sid speaking to [someone in] a white SUV. [Sid] went in the garage, back to what he was doing, and the next time he looked over, the garage was closed, Sid was gone and the SUV was gone,” Chris Cranston said.

Chris Cranston and Blanco said Sid Cranston recently had a disagreement with a couple he sold property to. Blanco said the couple has a white SUV.

Blanco said he believes a 10-acre property located down a dirt road was the last place his friend was headed before he disappeared. He was supposed to have shown the property to clients. No one knows who those clients are.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/29381586/search-underway-for-missing-az-realtor#ixzz3duIL1ReN

His "friend" Al Blanco was quite chatty about this way back in the beginning, even with the media. We weren't allowed to sleuth him in general, but we did it anyway. If I'm not mistaken, this same guy tried to commit suicide later on, but failed to do so. That information came from locals on a Facebook page. I have to assume that suicide attempt has a lot to do with his current medical problems. He pretty much dropped out of sight shortly thereafter. Blanco used to do repairs and carpenter work on Sidney's rentals.

Al Blanco, a friend of Cranston’s who manages his rentals, spoke with Las Vegas Fox 5 News after he was reported missing. Blanco said he’d had lunch with Cranston on the day of his disappearance, at a property Blanco was working on in the 1700 block of Club Avenue.

Cranston left after lunch and presumably went to show a 10-acre property he owned to some potential clients, Blanco told Fox 5. The identities of those clients are not known. What happened to Cranston after his lunch with Blanco remains a mystery.

Blanco did not return calls for comment from HuffPost. Carlton claims Blanco contacted him after Cranston disappeared and told him he had found Cranston’s motorcycle parked in the garage of the Club Avenue home.

“I went over there and got the bike, and brought it [to my house] because the property was being prepared to be occupied,” Carlton said.

In the days that followed Cranston’s disappearance, his ex-wife, Jody Nelson, said she received an unexpected visit from the police.
“They had two pictures of rings that had been sold at a pawn shop the day after Sid disappeared, and they wanted to know if I could identify them,” she said. “I was able to identify the one ring as Sid’s wedding band. He had changed it over to his right hand after we got divorced, but still wore the ring because he liked it and it was worth money.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry..._us_56530498e4b0258edb31fe73?utm_hp_ref=crime

More media interaction by Chatty-Cathy Blanco. I had forgotten about some of Sidney's jewelry being pawned after he disappeared, but the article above reminded me about that.

Having a best friend like Al Blanco around kinda makes you wonder what your enemies have been up to lately.

This was one of the first cases I followed on WS and I've often wondered about Sidney.

Sad sad news, RIP Sidney :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Sid. I'm glad you have been found so your family can take you home.

An Arizona maintenance man was charged Wednesday in the shooting death of his real estate investor boss, whose remains were found over the weekend 19 months after he vanished.

Al Blanco was booked on a charge of first-degree murder in the killing of Sidney Cranston Jr., 40, whose body was found Saturday in a remote area east of Kingman,

A source close to the investigation told The Huffington Post the break came after police executed a search warrant on a property where they had previously been blocked. Local authorities wouldn’t confirm or deny that information.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/murder-missing-real-estate-investor_us_58769718e4b092a6cae4fa37?

BBM

And therein lies the problem in so many of these searches....................private property.......................cops don't have legal access.

You can apply this same lesson to hundreds of missing persons cases right here on Websleuths....... far too many to list.

It's a relief to see this case come up on the Located forum, with an arrest. Curious about that long refusal of permission to search, wonder what the story is behind: it seems LE had figured out where he'd be. The location may have had some special connection to Al Blanco

Well we all knew this was how it was going to end for AB, wow what a way to repay a friends trust after he'd given you years of employment.
Hope SC's lovely family can start to find some peace knowing the work they put in helped get this low life caught.
RIP Sidney

Why does law enforcement and media never give credit to private investigators. Not just this case but thousands where nothing is getting done and the family brings in a PI to find out things. It is so incredibly annoying.

I have a feeling that either Al or someone close to him told the investigators where to look. That information was enough to obtain a search warrant from a judge so they were able to search a property that was previously inaccessible due to legal constraints. Due to Al's attempted suicide, he may one step away from being a vegetable at this point. He may not even be in good enough condition to put on trial.

I think this is an ongoing problem when it comes to these police searches, with the Zuzu Verk and Todd Allen cases being prime examples. LE can't just go bouncing on to someones property on a whim, and criss-cross all over it on ATV's. There has to be probable cause, or the property owner has to grant permission. A lot of these property owners think they can do the searching themselves, with the problem being, they don't really believe the person is on their land anyway. With that premise in mind, just how thoroughly would they really search, and for how long ?

is AB's "long term health issue" caused by his suicide attempt? anyone know?

RIP Sidney. he seemed to really love his life :(

is AB's "long term health issue" caused by his suicide attempt? anyone know?

RIP Sidney. he seemed to really love his life :(

bcbpost.png

I remember back when there was a lot of sudden chatter on the official Facebook page that Al Blanco had attempted suicide. I never heard if it was attempted with drugs, a gun, hanging, or some other method. We weren't allowed to sleuth him or talk about it because he hadn't been named a POI or a suspect. The police refused to confirm or deny the reports themselves, I guess for the same reasons. Any posts regarding that were deleted from the thread and warnings were issued. ( See post #190 )

After all of these months (years ?), any information regarding that event is going to be hard to find. I assume that some of the locals may have some inside information, and I'm positive that Sid's brother would know what happened to Blanco . All I do know is that shortly after those rumors came out, Blanco ended up in what is basically an assisted living facility.

Let's put it this way, before the rumors of his suicide surfaced, Blanco appeared to be healthy as a horse.

Post #184 thru #188 of this thread is about all that is left in regards to it.

[video=youtube;8mZ3zacZW_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZ3zacZW_4[/video]

In this video, you can actually see Al Blanco being confronted by the camera crew. It appears at around the 3:30 mark.

As far as I know, that is some of the last footage of him prior to him using a bedpan and eating dinner via an IV drip.

Keep in mind, this guy shot Sidney most likely when he least expected it, then stripped him of jewelry and pawned it at a local shop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janemt
Back