GUILTY AZ - Six killed, 13 injured in shooting at Gabrielle Giffords event, 8 Jan 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People: There is no excuse or blame to be placed on ANY public figure who may have a different political point of view for this random act of insanity.

This is a disturbed individual who caused a great deal of pain and anguish.

Let's not try to convolut into the equation our individual politics at this moment of great mutual tragedy and sorrow.

Very well said.

Total nut job. From his youtube channel his book favorites are really out there.

Can I post a couple screen caps of his myspace page? Let me know and I will if it's okay.

THe shooter talked in the video about MEPS and he was waiting to be processed therefore he was waiting to JOIN. He was not in the military...my guess is he was denied.

The mission of USMEPCOM and the Phoenix MEPS is to process individuals for enlistment or induction into the armed services, based on DoD-approved peacetime and mobilization standards.

Three primary areas are considered in determining an applicant's qualifications for enlistment:

aptitude for military service
physical qualification
background evaluation screening
http://www.mepcom.army.mil/meps/phoenix/index.html

Haters rant about that which they hate. This boy went nuts. BIG difference. His videos don't make sense, he isn't hating he is crazy.

He is a veteran. He likely became crazy as a result. Show some respect.

BBM. We don't know that.

Wow, that map is scary. Obviously not what it was intended for.. and his video seems to be a rant about general government. But still...

People: There is no excuse or blame to be placed on ANY public figure who may have a different political point of view for this random act of insanity.

This is a disturbed individual who caused a great deal of pain and anguish.

Let's not try to convolute into the equation our individual politics at this moment of great mutual tragedy and sorrow.

Thank you,already the politicians are "politicizing" over this. Its disturbing. Its clear from the videos he posted that he has severe mental issues.It will be interesting to hear from friends and family what was going on with this boy,and how could they miss the signs? I guess people never think their loved one would ever do anything as heinous as this.

Haters rant about that which they hate. This boy went nuts. BIG difference. His videos don't make sense, he isn't hating he is crazy.

He is a veteran. He likely became crazy as a result. Show some respect.

Read the shooters video, he states he is waiting on MEPS. MEPS is a processing center that one would go through before they are enlisted. They have to pass physical, and other test. HE WAS NOT in the Military, but rather trying to join.

This is about Rep. Gabby Giffords and a crazy shooter. I do hope this thread will not become a political thread by mentioning other politicians and/or extreme people on TV.

GB Rep. Gabby Giffords, her family, and friends.

ETA: I also will keep all the other victims in my prayers.

Just read his video on Youtube. Made absolutely no sense to me. New language, new currency, sleepwalking, dreaming?? WTH?? This guy is just bat ***** crazy!!!

If a political debate is warranted, let's take that to the political pavilion...not here. I know that a lot of folks are seeing elements of politics here, but this thread really should be about the crime, not about television personalities, Republican or Democrat.

There is a need to discuss this stuff, but it's not this thread. If someone wants to, start a thread downstairs, all right? But let's leave this thread for Gabrielle Giffords, and the 5 (at least) who have lost their lives.

Best-
Herding

If a political debate is warranted, let's take that to the political pavilion...not here. I know that a lot of folks are seeing elements of politics here, but this thread really should be about the crime, not about television personalities, Republican or Democrat.

There is a need to discuss this stuff, but it's not this thread. If someone wants to, start a thread downstairs, all right? But let's leave this thread for Gabrielle Giffords, and the 5 (at least) who have lost their lives.

Best-
Herding

Amen. And let's not forget that a totally innocent 9-yr-old lost their life in this heinous incident.

By the way, he was in criminal court in 2008. Whatever the charge was, complaint was dismissed by the attorney:

Case Information
Case Number: M-1044-CR-20080778
Title: ST OF AZ VS LOUGHNER JARED LE Category: Criminal
Court: Marana Municipal Filing Date: 10/17/2008
Judge: HON C. DAVIES Disposition Date: 12/10/2008

JARED LEE LOUGHNER DEFENDANT - D 1 Date of Birth: 09/1988
Citation Count Description Disp. Date Disposition
C00081042 1 LOCAL CHARGE 12/10/2008 COMPL DISMISSED BY CTY ATTY

Case Activity
Date Description Party
12/09/2013 CAL: FILE TO BE PURGED
03/04/2009 CAL: COMPLETION OF DIVER/EXTEN
12/16/2008 SENT: RESTITUTION D 1
12/10/2008 MOTION FILED D 1
12/10/2008 ORDR DISMISSAL/CASE W/PRJDC D 1
11/18/2008 COMMENTS D 1
11/05/2008 CASH BOND ORDERED - THIS CRT D 1
11/05/2008 FUND: FEES - DIVERSION D 1
11/05/2008 CAL: CRIM ARR
10/17/2008 COMPLAINT FILED-UNIFORM CITATN D 1

I wasn't positive which political party Congresswoman Giffords belonged to as I hurriedly opened the article. As I waited for it to open, I prayed and reminded myself that it absolutely DID NOT matter. Not a single whit. She's one of our elected officials.

I'll never forget coming home from school for lunch in 1963 to find my mother in tears, in front of the TV. President Kennedy had just been killed. I was 8 years old and didn't understand her tears. I knew she didn't agree with him about all the issues. I remember saying, "Mommy, I thought you didn't vote for him." She gathered me up and said, "Honey, he gave his life for our country. It doesn't matter if I agreed with him. He was our President." I've never forgotten those words.

I'm certain many of us here over about 55 are having serious flashbacks to that horrid day. Let's be gentle.

Total nut job. From his youtube channel his book favorites are really out there.

Can I post a couple screen caps of his myspace page? Let me know and I will if it's okay.

No. You may paraphrase and provide a link, but you can not copy/paste.

Hope that helps.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members