GUILTY AZ - Six killed, 13 injured in shooting at Gabrielle Giffords event, 8 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Jared Laughner taken into custody? The kid is a total nut case. I am waiting to hear how he acquired his gun.

Yet another example of why gun laws need to become even more strict. We are all at risk of being victims.

I'm guessing he wasn't targeting her because she was Gabrielle Gifford and had certain beliefs,more because she is a representative of the government. I think anyone representing the government could have been his target.

I agree. There were other government/political people at the event too..sounds like he targeted the event more than a specific person, in my opinion. He could shoot numerous political people all in one spot, and he succeeded.

I hate to say this..but think this guy truly fell under the spell Glenn Beck spun in his endless shows both radio and TV on the evils of Government!! Very scary indeed:truce:

Glenn Beck talks about God all the time, this shooter stated he doesn't believe in God, so really?

Was Jared Laughner taken into custody? The kid is a total nut case. I am waiting to hear how he acquired his gun.

Yet another example of why gun laws need to become even more strict. We are all at risk of being victims.

Yes, he's in custody.

FOX news is saying 5 confirmed dead, not sure if the child and judge are included or not.

Apparently, she went to Safeway (a supermarket) for a "Congressman on the Corner" kind of event. Suspect went right up and as she was chatting to two older folks, she was shot point blank in the head. He then went on to shoot others. At least three of her aids were shot in the head.

There are several hospitals involved, several police departments, and since it's a federal judge and a congresswoman shot, the FBI and secret service will also be involved, as well as homeland security.

There will be a lot of confusion, a lot of rumors, and a lot of conflicting reports. This is going to impact the entire nation, if not the world, and there will be some far reaching ramifications because of it.

And I'm wondering if the packages sent and exploded over the last few days has anything to do with this...as well as the shootings of other public officials' offices last year.

Best-
Herding Cats

I don't think anyone national personality would preach anything like this to happen... Everyone disagrees with others, but it takes somebody over the edge to get to a point to do what happened today.

FOX news is saying 5 confirmed dead, not sure if the child and judge are included or not.

Apparently, she went to Safeway (a supermarket) for a "Congressman on the Corner" kind of event. Suspect went right up and as she was chatting to two older folks, she was shot point blank in the head. He then went on to shoot others. At least three of her aids were shot in the head.

There are several hospitals involved, several police departments, and since it's a federal judge and a congresswoman shot, the FBI and secret service will also be involved, as well as homeland security.

There will be a lot of confusion, a lot of rumors, and a lot of conflicting reports. This is going to impact the entire nation, if not the world, and there will be some far reaching ramifications because of it.

And I'm wondering if the packages sent and exploded over the last few days has anything to do with this...as well as the shootings of other public officials' offices last year.

Best-
Herding Cats

I'm sure they will be tracking his movements for the last few days. People are going to want to blame Glenn Beck,Sarah Palin,etc,but its clear from his ramblings,he's just a kook. I wonder if he was honorbaly discharged or is he still in the military?

I don't think that Glen Beck had anything to do with it, and to imply such at this point in time, is, imho, somewhat uncalled for, and seriously mistimed.

He was a 22 year old military recruit, and imho quite likely a paranoid schizophrenic (from what his writings seem to show), who lost his grip on reality. It could be he's a home grown terrorist like McVeigh, though. But I seriously doubt Glen Beck had anything to do with it.

Best-
Herding Cats

Sources say he was an Afghan war veteran. Guess he was sane enough for that huh? He might have gone schizophrenic due to the stress (quite likely).

And yes, only criminals should have guns.

From what they are saying- she was a fairly moderate Democrat. This doesn't look like a Democrat vs Republican thing to me. It looks like someone who hated government.

I am willing to bet this shooter got kicked out of the Military or didn't make it past boot camp

I don't think anyone national personality would preach anything like this to happen... Everyone disagrees with others, but it takes somebody over the edge to get to a point to do what happened today.

Very true..and agree 100%..but the problem is those who lack rationale thinking only grasp those few words they see and hear that rings their bells..and feed of it to the extreme..thus something crazy like what happened today..gun carrying folks who want to fullfill their goal...which is crazy to any sane person!..

McVeigh was a case in point..and he was an enemy within..:dunno:

He was a hater, that's it. No more, no less

Patients are at 3 different hospitals. Carondelet, U of A and I believe NW Hospital that I had heard about on the live coverage.

if any of you are in the PHX area there will be a candlelight vigil at the State Capitol tonight 6pm AZ time

22 years old is prime time for schizophrenia, paranoid or otherwise, to appear. I haven't read any studies which show that trauma brings on schizophrenia, but I haven't read a lot of studies on it anyway, so who knows.

Shooters fav books on MS: Mein Kampf (Hitler), Communist Manifesto.

I will be looking at some of his writings and see if I can't understand some of it; I don't have sound on my computer, so can't hear the vids. There will be tell-tale signs in his writing if he's sharing the same planet as we are, and believe me, the top psychiatrists will be all over this in the next few hours.

Best-
Herding

He was a hater, that's it. No more, no less

Haters rant about that which they hate. This boy went nuts. BIG difference. His videos don't make sense, he isn't hating he is crazy.

<modsnip>.

People: There is no excuse or blame to be placed on ANY public figure who may have a different political point of view for this random act of insanity.

This is a disturbed individual who caused a great deal of pain and anguish.

Let's not try to convolute into the equation our individual politics at this moment of great mutual tragedy and sorrow.

Haters create the environment in which shooters are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M