GUILTY AZ - Six killed, 13 injured in shooting at Gabrielle Giffords event, 8 Jan 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GMA Good Morning America
by orlandomicki
Mark Kelly, #Giffords husband, confirms that the she is still alive and in surgery to @KGUN9

It is sad to say, but I think it takes a lot of courage to be a liberal politician in Arizona these days.

My understanding is that she is not liberal,that she is a "blue dog " Democrat and has actually been critical of the Obama administration on issues. Interesting note,when they had to vote for minority speaker the other day,she did not vote for Nancy Pelosi,but someone else.

Crossing fingers she survives surgury. With the reports of her death,however,I'm not hopeful

Thank you guys!!! My sister lives in NW Tucson and she grocery shops on Saturday mornings. This is the type of event she would attend, if she was able. She met Ms. Giffords years ago, before Giffords went into politics. My sister would have jumped at the chance to attend this get together.

However, she is actually working this morning and all is well.

Prayers for Ms. Giffords and her family :(

Salem

Update I: Gawker spoke to eyewitness Steven Raylx, who says one of the victims was “a kid no older than 10 years old”:

The event was very informal: Gifford had set up a table outside the Safeway and about 20-30 people were gathered to talk to her. The gunman, who may have come from inside the Safeway, walked up and shot Gifford in the head first, “point blank”. According to Rayle, who is a former ER doctor, Gifford was able to move her hands after being shot.

After shooting Gifford, the gunman opened fire indiscriminately for a few seconds, firing 20-30 rounds and hitting a number of people, including a kid no older than 10 years old. Rayle hid behind a concrete pole and pretended to be dead. When the gunman apparently ran out of ammunition he attempted to flee, but a member of Gifford’s staff tackled him. Rayle helped hold the gunman down while waiting for the sheriff to arrive, about 15-to-20 minutes later. The EMS came about 30 minutes later. Rayle said he was “stunned” by how long it took medical help to arrive.

from link above

After shooting Gifford, the gunman opened fire indiscriminately for a few seconds, firing 20-30 rounds and hitting a number of people, including a kid no older than 10 years old.

Indiscriminate is right. There was a rescue event there and a dog was also wounded.

Felicia Sonmez - Political blogger with The Washington Post

Hospital spox confirms Giffords is in critical condition. Eight others, including seven adults & one child, are in critical or serious cdtn

http://twitter.com/#!/fixfelicia

Rick Thames
Gabrielle Giffords is married to space shuttle astronaut. Now in surgery. Reports say 11 others shot, including federal judge

http://twitter.com/#!/rthames

KVOA just reported that a close friend who is at the hospital now confirmed she is alive and as a matter of fact was speaking before she went into surgury.

So what is the latest...is she alive or dead? Why all the mystery???

News Conference is about to start from the hospital..dont have a link..but you can watch it on any of the channels..including Fox..CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582