GUILTY AZ - Solomon, WhtFem, 13-16, UP77029, on ranch land, Oct'20 - Cadence Langley *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GRAHAM COUNTY – The mother of a previously unidentified autistic child who was shot execution-style in the back of the head and dumped in a livestock watering box southeast of Safford has been arrested on fraud charges with likely homicide charges forthcoming.

The suspect, Amber Langley, 38, of Safford, is believed to have been involved in the killing and body dump of her 14-year-old autistic daughter, Cadence Langley, in October 2020. Amber then continued to collect government assistance for the deceased child for two years totaling a little more than $4,700.

GRAHAM COUNTY – The mother of a previously unidentified autistic child who was shot execution-style in the back of the head and dumped in a livestock watering box southeast of Safford has been arrested on fraud charges with likely homicide charges forthcoming.

The suspect, Amber Langley, 38, of Safford, is believed to have been involved in the killing and body dump of her 14-year-old autistic daughter, Cadence Langley, in October 2020. Amber then continued to collect government assistance for the deceased child for two years totaling a little more than $4,700.
Poor girl. I'm glad she was identified but saddened by her story.

The article says that she had other children - I wonder what she told them about Cadence.
I’ll refrain from commenting on the mother since she hasn’t been formally charged with the murder…yet. But I imagine it was something like what she told authorities. She was with family maybe? (ETA: this is from the link posted above)

After the identities were known, Sgt. Smith said their investigation showed Amber was receiving benefits for Cadence from October after the child’s deceased body was found up until currently. During a “redetermination interview” phone call from the FBI on June 7, 2022, Amber Langley reportedly told the FBI agent that Cadence was alive and well. She also said they were living with Amber’s mother in Springfield, Oregon when she was actually living in Graham County.

I’ll refrain from commenting on the mother since she hasn’t been formally charged with the murder…yet. But I imagine it was something like what she told authorities. She was with family maybe? (ETA: this is from the link posted above)

After the identities were known, Sgt. Smith said their investigation showed Amber was receiving benefits for Cadence from October after the child’s deceased body was found up until currently. During a “redetermination interview” phone call from the FBI on June 7, 2022, Amber Langley reportedly told the FBI agent that Cadence was alive and well. She also said they were living with Amber’s mother in Springfield, Oregon when she was actually living in Graham County.
I feel like she was suspected because the FBI doesn’t do social service redetermination interviews.

Oh my...this makes me so sad. How on earth...Poor girl. Rest easy now sweetie.

Interesting mother has a veteran status.

What McCarthy did do was challenge the $500,000 bond Amber Langley was being held with on only theft and fraud charges. He described the amount as grossly exaggerated for the crimes listed, advised of her Air Force veteran status, and that she has other children still living with her.

“We have cases coming through this court every week involving fraudulent schemes and artifices and money being taken and the bonds are never half million dollars cash or paper,” McCarthy said. “This is ludicrous. It’s a violation of the 8th Amendment of the United States Constitution of excessive (inaudible). My client’s rights are being deprived by that excessive bond. If the state has a case, then file . . . If they’ve got DNA, if they’ve got witnesses, then they need to file the case and get a bond on that case. But they haven’t. It’s improper for the court to take Mr. Bennett’s arguments into consideration, in my estimation, on a $5,000 case. . . This is a fraud scheme that’s before you . . .”

Why do I have the feeling there was a significant other involved? Are they sure mom pulled the trigger? Did they find the gun...and traced the bullet fragments back to ammunition used in that gun? Would a woman with her stature be able to move a body on her own? Was she trained in the Air Force and stronger then she looks. Why was Cadence dumped there, or dumped in general, why not buried? Panic?

So many questions.

Makes me wonder the extent of abuse Cadence endured in her young life before it escalated to a cold blooded shot to the back of her head and then disposed of like an animal carcass.

I never imagined this outcome and hope all who are responsible suffer immensely for the rest of their lives.

RIP little Angel.

Finally... her name was Cadence. Hopefully she and those who truly loved her can now rest peacefully.

Wasn't expecting this sad piece of information today. Clearly no amount of sleuthing by anyone here would have turned up results as she was never reported. Her own mother (allegedly) seems to be culpable/involved on some level. To commit such brutal acts on a loved one and then proceed to profit from it is despicable.

Thank you @John/Jane Doe for posting the update! Is there any way someone more "tech savvy" might be able to save all the female MPs' that were listed in this thread? They all fit a similar physical description and some are close in geographic location which might be useful to someone in the future. FWIW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back