Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rip...

skeletal remains believed to be missing arizona boyupdated: 2 hours 25 minutes ago

ap flagstaff, ariz. (aug. 11) -- a criminal investigation is under way after skeletal remains believed to be that of a toddler reported missing more than two weeks ago were found near a central arizona campground, authorities said.

The remains were found at the bottom of a wash less than 2 miles from the beaver creek campground, where 2-year-old sylar newton of flagstaff was last seen july 24, yavapai county sheriff's spokesman dwight d'evelyn said.

Authorities believe someone tried to hide the remains and they ended up in the wash after recent flash flooding.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/skeletal-remains-believed-to-be-missing-ariz-boy/19588747?icid=main|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fcrime%2Farticle%2Fskeletal-remains-believed-to-be-missing-ariz-boy%2F19588747
Yavapai county sheriff's office
investigators in arizona found skeletal remains on tuesday that they believe to be those of missing 2-year-old sylar newton.
"somebody didn't want us to find him," sheriff's capt. David rhodes said.

I wonder if he was placed wthin possible wandering distance on purpose, so that there might be some question as to whether he went there on his own or was carried? Or could he have been moved?

I was hoping I had dreamed this terrible news. I'm so sad and now, I'm angry!

I pray that LE makes the that is responsible for this pay dearly.

PS: in case you can't tell, I DON'T believe for a second, that this was an accident.

POSTED: 9:04 pm MST August 10, 2010
UPDATED: 9:40 pm MST August 10, 2010

SNIPPED........................................................

Investigators believe the boy's body was likely left outside the 5-mile radius crews originally searched, and recent flash flood waters moved his body down to the wash.

As of now investigators have still not publicly identified any suspects or persons of interest in this case.

http://www.kpho.com/news/24588224/detail.html

Skeletal remains believed to be missing Ariz. boy

SNIPPED.............................................................

"It's going to take some time to sort all of this out," D'Evelyn said Tuesday.

The remains were discovered by a distant relative of Sylar who lives in the area and had periodically been searching for the boy, Rhodes said.

Searchers previously walked up and down washes, and scoured a landfill, trash bins and other areas of the campsite for more than a week. Rhodes said search and rescue crews looked in the general area where the remains were found but not the exact spot. He added the search was conducted for someone who was lost, not concealed.

"We were confident that anywhere he could have wandered or walked away from the campsite legitimately, we had covered," he said.

Authorities still are looking into custodial issues involving Sylar, Priem and Sylar's biological mother, Charity Newton.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iWv-O9LMPVpewV_ebRSCbpNAVP-gD9HH2QFG0

images

Rest in Peace Little Man

RIP little Sylar. So sorry to hear of this news. :(

I haven't followed this case too closely and haven't read through all of the posts so please forgive me if this has been discussed. Does anyone else find it odd that his body was already skeletonized after only two weeks?? That's not normal, is it? How would that have happened? The only thing I can think of would be (graphic, sorry) animal feeding and the sun??

I am really hoping that LE is basing their belief that Sylar was outside the search area and/or may have been hidden on something other than the fact that he wasn't found when they were searching for the little guy.

How I wish I could've been a fly on the wall wherever CP was when she got this horrible news.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that they can still be able to determine cause of death. I've felt that Sylar has been gone for awhile, but its still hard to read it, writing it is just....... He is in a better place and I'm comforted that he was found.

from http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northern_az/other/human-remains-found-outside-northern-az-campground,-may-be-2-year-old-sylar-newton:

The remains were reportedly discovered by a distant relative of Sylar who lives in the area and had periodically been searching for the boy. Though the man is not considered a suspect, he is being questioned thoroughly, according to Rhodes.

God bless this brave gentleman, good to hear that he is not considered a suspect.

:rose: RIP Sylar :rose:

This is extremely sad. What a precious little boy taken way too soon.

Rest in peace little Sylar. :rose: Fly with the angels sweetheart.

I've been following this thread intensely over the last week. Things that are just popping into my head right now.

Reported that campers saw Sylar at appx 9:00 PM.

First call to 911 made at around 2:00 AM.

5 hours from last sighting to first call made.

Reported that LE believes he was likely left OUTSIDE the 5-mile radius that crews originally searched.

Average person walks 3-4 miles per hour but from what is indicated about the terrain in the area, that would have been difficult, but let's say that is the case. Round trip would be 6-8 hours on foot.

If he was transported by car, wouldn't the other campers have noticed the vehicle leaving and then returning to the camp sight if indeed the custodial family were involved? Not saying that I don't think they have anything to do with this because I believe they do, but I can't imagine how they'd be able to get out and then back into the campgrounds with absolutely no one noticing. I've camped many times in my life and have always found you hear just about everything that goes on outside that tent during the night.

RIP little Sylar. So sorry to hear of this news. :(

I haven't followed this case too closely and haven't read through all of the posts so please forgive me if this has been discussed. Does anyone else find it odd that his body was already skeletonized after only two weeks?? That's not normal, is it? How would that have happened? The only thing I can think of would be (graphic, sorry) animal feeding and the sun??

From the discussion I've read, because of the harsh conditions, people in the forum are speculating that it is possible.

If you can stomach it, Dr. Know? found this, I haven't been able to look at it though.

Here's a link on decomp stages. Scroll down past the table/chart it describes it better. Warning, not for the weak.

Our rivers out here are also called washes. They are pretty big too. Most the rivers are dry until the summer rains, or the snow melts in the winter.

http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Rigor-Mortis-and-Other-Postmortem-Changes.html

I've been following this thread intensely over the last week. Things that are just popping into my head right now.

Reported that LE believes he was likely left OUTSIDE the 5-mile radius that crews originally searched.

Average person walks 3-4 miles per hour but from what is indicated about the terrain in the area, that would have been difficult, but let's say that is the case. Round trip would be 6-8 hours on foot.

If he was transported by car, wouldn't the other campers have noticed the vehicle leaving and then returning to the camp sight if indeed the custodial family were involved? Not saying that I don't think they have anything to do with this because I believe they do, but I can't imagine how they'd be able to get out and then back into the campgrounds with absolutely no one noticing. I've camped many times in my life and have always found you hear just about everything that goes on outside that tent during the night.

I'd think that any other campers would be able to hear at least something of a possible cover-up. Looks like there were 25 people around and LE says they were all co-operative. (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/10/arizona.remains.found/index.html?iref=NS1, last paragraph)

And.....
Welcome to Websleuths wannabedetective!

I agree, most campsites you'll hear a vehicle entering or exiting in the middle of the night. However, the fact that LE believes he was concealed outside the 5-mile search radius- combined with the fact that the dogs hit on the vehicle, the site, etc but did not want to leave the campground, makes me wonder if Sylar walked or was carried a short distance and then transfered to either another person or vehicle who then placed him 5+ miles out.
Alternatively, some one could have carried him out and simply not returned to the campsite.
It does make sense to me, that the dogs could follow his scent within the campground (since he had been alive up until 9pm that evening and was likely dispersing scent throughout the campground. However- it seems clear that he did not leave the campground alive; and that he was either carried or driven out once deceased.

RIP little man. I never knew you, but you found a way into my heart. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Hugs,

Mel

From what I'm reading on this MB, someone, unknown, tried to conceal Sylar's body? Then the body was found in the wash after recent flash floods. Boy, I sure want to know who that person is. I'm not going to say who I think it is, since a POI hasn't been identified (that I know of).

Maybe we'll hear more today.

Poor Sylar, so young, so full of life. Maybe I'm getting too old for this :(

RIP dear little Syler. I am sorry this happened to you. Heaven must have needed a very special little angel......

wm

For anyone that is interested, they've talked about Sylar up in the Forensic Astrology Forum, in the "Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only" thread, posts 806 and 807. Thanks to Leomoon80, Lovejac and Tuba!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic