AZ AZ - Tempe, HispFem, UP1987, 15-19, hitchhiking, overdose, Apr'02

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been simmering on this case. I actually just decided to ask people around if they knew anyone that went missing but no one said about it. I now have a better idea how maybe I could find more info. Which is talk to everyone I know from the square who either left or are still there. I have a few friends who are her age and spanish speaking so maybe there is hope.

A huge possibility in this is that her family is here illegally and that's why they haven't come forward. It sounds like he probably went to one of the local high schools and everything. I find it very hard to believe that absolutely NOBODY knows who she is.

Piercephi: Keep on asking around! I have a good feeling about this one. I feel like the answer to this mystery is within arms reach!

Tara! I actually went to one of the closer high schools from where he vanished from. Not the closest but knowing that community- many people from my high school mixed with the one that she was closest from disappearing from.

Still praying that this girl will be identified. Any word on whether they tested her jeans to see if it was semen and if they did anything with that DNA?

my observation: her eye brows are very unkempt. i think she is on the younger spectrum and also probably an illegal immigrant rather than Native American. Which could account for why no one has claimed her. Also, at 5" and 125, I dont think her addiction went back very far. She is not big by any means but that is a healthy weight for that height.

Very sad :(

I think about this JD often. Of course, we only have the word of the dude that left her dead/to die, but he claimed she said she had "just been kicked out" of her home. It's possible her family just didn't give a crap about her and either don't care what happened or don't want to admit they turned a young teen out into the streets. Still, you would think one or some of her friends would have come forward by now. I've always been bothered by the account of the guy who picked her up and left her to die. I don't put much stock in his story.

In any case, I do believe this is one of those cases where the UID was never reported missing.

I think about this JD often. Of course, we only have the word of the dude that left her dead/to die, but he claimed she said she had "just been kicked out" of her home. It's possible her family just didn't give a crap about her and either don't care what happened or don't want to admit they turned a young teen out into the streets. Still, you would think one or some of her friends would have come forward by now. I've always been bothered by the account of the guy who picked her up and left her to die. I don't put much stock in his story.

In any case, I do believe this is one of those cases where the UID was never reported missing.

i agree.... it seems as if he should have at the very least been charged with failing to render aid.

Wow! Just read the wiki. Sorry I haven't been the area much lately, finishing grad school. But enough with excuses! I do find it interesting that they have no cause of death for her.
I am almost 100% sure she is an illegal immigrant. Still hoping for something to pop up.

Wow! Just read the wiki. Sorry I haven't been the area much lately, finishing grad school. But enough with excuses! I do find it interesting that they have no cause of death for her.
I am almost 100% sure she is an illegal immigrant. Still hoping for something to pop up.
I'm on mobile atm, but earlier in the thread fmw posted chunks of the police reports. Her cod was ruled a cocaine overdose.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

Her cod was ruled a cocaine overdose

That's what I thought, strange they decided to not put that in the wiki article. But as we know it is wiki.

That's what I thought, strange they decided to not put that in the wiki article. But as we know it is wiki.
I don't think that wiki was created by anyone official. Looking at the revision history, the author seems to putting quite a few unsolved cases up on wiki.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

(marking my spot to review/compare against Adrienne Salinas' case.)

This JD is on my mind for quite some time too, just a little girl...
If she is not native, as per her facial features I think she could be also either from Honduras, Guatemala or Southern Mexico tribes.

I came across the missing person profile few month back and I thought of this JD straight away. I have dismissed it because of location and date but I just keep coming back to it.

Esmerelda Guadarma, 15 year old white hispanic/latino female missing in 2002 from group home in South Carolina. There are absolutely no details about her, no photo, no fingerprints, no dentals, no dna... no details. Missing report made in June 2002, but I somehow wonder if that is really when she was last seen or just when report was created. Her Namus profile was created in 2011.

Her age, weight and height are match. (well, one inch difference...) I really wish someone could locate any photo of her to at least see if there is any resemblance.

NamUs MP # 12573

Esmerelda Guadarma
Greenville County, South Carolina
15 year old white hispanic/latino female

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12573/83

Still praying for this young soul to get her name back. Perhaps GEDmatch may held some sort of answers soon, seeing how her DNA is in file and perhaps someone out there remotely related to her may submit DNA or has. I’ll never give up on this case. She has stuck with me since day 1.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds
Back