Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Your not a dork.I don't know what it means either.LOL.

suzanne

Yeah, I am! I don't even want to tell you how long it took me to know what "emo" meant!!! Three young adult kids and I was clueless!! (In my ~quiet voice~) I hope I figured that out right. :crazy:

Hi
From what I have read the boy has always been in the home of the father's.

This is probably why he got physical custody.They do not like to change the status quo.They go by who was the primary caretaker of this child.

suzanne

Yeah, I am! I don't even want to tell you how long it took me to know what "emo" meant!!! Three young adult kids and I was clueless!! (In my ~quiet voice~) I hope I figured that out right. :crazy:

I have grown up kids too.That do not think I'm cool.:rolleyes:.But I love them.LOL.I don't know all this either.I'm not a dork.Everyone else is.LOL.LOL.

suzanne

SHL is an old school term. Don't know where it originated, but I've heard it all my life. It refers to guys standing around in a rest room, smoking area, bar, water cooler, or anywhere really, trying to convince the group that they know more about a particular issue (often the law) than anyone else in attendance.
Thus the term 'S... House Lawyer'. Probably started in a jail house latrine somewhere. Talking about their cases.
I've been one for 57 years.

SHL is an old school term. Don't know where it originated, but I've heard it all my life. It refers to guys standing around in a latrine, smoking area, bar, water cooler, or anywhere really, trying to convince the group that they know more about a particular issue (often the law) than anyone else in attendance.
Thus the term 'S... House Lawyer'.
I've been one for 57 years.

Ohhhh!!! Now I get it! Well, apparently you have several years of wisdom on me as well as hanging out at guy latrine's, etc... (hey, I'm taking advantage of the age thing the best I can, heh, heh, heh...).... You are obviously not from N.E. I never heard this one before. Thank you for clearing this up. I truly appreciate it! :)

Hi
Yes,thank you for clearing that up.I appreciate it too.:)

suzanne

I'm older then Shock and I had never heard that saying before. Maybe it just depends on where a person was raised. I've heard of a jailhouse lawyer though.

About custody of a child....most of the time a court will do everything in their power to leave the kids with the mother. I know that a lot more dads are getting custody of their kids these days but I think a lot of it has to do with the moms wanting their freedom or wanting to go find themselves and they just hand the kids over to the dads.

I can't imagine having kids who my husband has custody of and my moving thousands of miles away. That just would never happen. It would have been over my dead body that my ex would have gotten custody of my kids though.
I suppose if I had been on drugs or man crazy, etc, and just focused on myself it wouldn't have bothered me to be so far from my kids.

Is there a way for average folks to see the actual documents the Apache County Attorney released? Every news outlet in America has them. I can understand why the media have to protect the autopsy photos, but why the text?

St. Johns police reported that the child's grandmother told them that she had commented to her grandson that at least his dad died quickly. The boy replied he didn't think so because he was shot in the chest. This was one reason they suspected the child, because only the shooter would know that. (This was before the autopsy.)
The autopsy report shows that Mr. Romero was not shot in the chest.

St. Johns police reported that the child's grandmother told them that she had commented to her grandson that at least his dad died quickly. The boy replied he didn't think so because he was shot in the chest. This was one reason they suspected the child, because only the shooter would know that. (This was before the autopsy.)

link?

Maybe he thought the shot to the back went through his chest and it probably did or at least the bullet went through or lodged somewhere in the chest area.

imoo

Maybe he thought the shot to the back went through his chest and it probably did or at least the bullet went through or lodged somewhere in the chest area.

imoo

That's a strectch, OBE.
I really don't get why it seems (in my opinion based on observations of your posts on 2 boards) you want so badly for this child to be guilty. That is just sad to me.

Rant begins....
Considering options, evaluating evidence (what is real when it finally gets released, not what is still circumstantial and open to wide interpretation based on the piecmealed reports provided thus far), yes. I understand that. But this just blatant desire of so many to see him hung out to dry without any real proof is actually upsetting to me. Again, just my opinion.

I truly hope his is found to be a victim here, too. If he is not, and is found to be guilty of this crime, then I want him to get treatment. He is only 8 friggin' years old for cryin' out loud. He should not just be thrown away by society yet -- especially without real evidence & only speculation by all involved thus far.

What if we are missing a whole piece of the story... What if something like this happened....

Someone was in the house when he got home. What if he was held there until his dad & Tim got there. The only thing close & handy was his gun, 'cause maybe he keeps it out to play with. What if as his Dad is walking up the stairs, the intruder shot him & incapacitated him. What if, then, the boy was made to call Tim in & then the intruder came out shooting. What if, after the person left the boy was alone there & saw them suffering & did shoot them to keep them from suffering -- because maybe he's been taught that concept instead of 911. Maybe 911 hasn't been discussed at all. Just what if? To me, based on what has been presented as "evidence" so far, this is just a plausible an explanation as the idea that he is guilty & there really needs to be no other discussion.

Just what if this is more close to the truth. Then this child has been traumatized further because of how he's been handled as a criminal from day one (OK, day two), instead of being treated with the rights of a human being while the investigation has continued.

Just what if he is innocent and his life has been totally ruined by how this has been handled -- leaked commentary, no miranda rights, posted interviews of coerced responses for the whole world to see. Even his picture was leaked at one point -- thankfully that was stopped.

No matter what happened that day, now that boy will never get to be just a little boy ever again.

He appears to have been tried and convicted in the eyes of many & the defense attorney doesn't even have all the discovery available to him yet (at least that we know). And don't say that IUPG doesn't apply outside of a jury. Every person who has followed this story or read any message board out there has been totally swayed in this case, and this child doesn't seem to have a chance with a whole he** of a lot of folks, no matter what the final outcome is.

OK. Rant over.
I'll go back to being emotionally torn over the tragedy of this whole situation, the fact that it even happened and the way it's been handled, in my lurkdome.......

Hi
That was very well put mostlylurking and I agree with you with the way it was handled and all.I agree also it is very tragic for everyone.It is very sad and it bothers me.

suzanne

If the judge didn't want the boy's name known publicly why didn't he have the name blacked out on all the documents posted on the website?
Now everyone in the world who is interested knows his full name. Was that intended, or just another poor judgement on the part of authorities in this case?
I'm glad his photograph is off limits.
When he gets out (soon I hope) he'll have to relocate and mom will have to do a legal name change.

Hi
I agree they should have blackened his name out on the website.Even though I would like to see a picture of the little boy.It is good it is not public.

suzanne

Oh baloney, mostlylurking. When have I ever said I want him to be guilty? If I had my wants, I would want this boy in school today getting an education and I would want Tim and Vincent at work today like always, healthy and very much alive.

I do not want him to be guilty but I am of the opinion that he IS. I have just as much right to post my opinions, as you do yours, and will continue to do so.

"imooThat's a strectch, OBE.
I really don't get why it seems (in my opinion based on observations of your posts on 2 boards) you want so badly for this child to be guilty. That is just sad to me. "

During the hearing Sgt. Rodriguez testified, after a question by defense attorney Ben Brewer, that the only evidence the police had when the boy was charged was the inadmissible confession, the .22 casings, Grandma saying that Mr. Romero was chest shot (which he wasn't) and Mrs. Roman's claim that she heard the boys voice (but no shots) over the phone. No witness, no forensics, nothing much at all. The Sgt. also admitted that no gun powder residue test was done on the boy's hands.

Oh baloney, mostlylurking. When have I ever said I want him to be guilty? If I had my wants, I would want this boy in school today getting an education and I would want Tim and Vincent at work today like always, healthy and very much alive.

I do not want him to be guilty but I am of the opinion that he IS. I have just as much right to post my opinions, as you do yours, and will continue to do so.

"imooThat's a strectch, OBE.
I really don't get why it seems (in my opinion based on observations of your posts on 2 boards) you want so badly for this child to be guilty. That is just sad to me. "

I didn't say you had said it. I said it seems you want it, and that is sad to me.

I'm sure you will continue to post your opinions, as everyone here is doing, and as I posted mine relative to my observations.

Hi
I guess it's all good and ok for us all to have our opinions.Opinions are like belly buttons.We all have one.

suzanne

Oh baloney, mostlylurking. When have I ever said I want him to be guilty? If I had my wants, I would want this boy in school today getting an education and I would want Tim and Vincent at work today like always, healthy and very much alive. I do not want him to be guilty but I am of the opinion that he IS. I have just as much right to post my opinions, as you do yours, and will continue to do so.

I agree with you completely. Several posters have scenarios that "could have happened." However, there is no evidence to support anything except the boy's involvement, and it certainly appears the defense, the prosecution, and the judge are all thinking the same thing. Until I hear otherwise, I shall continue, as do most residents of St. Johns, to support the victims, Mr. Romero and Mr. Romans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState